Jason Cole report Ross thinking about blowing up FO | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jason Cole report Ross thinking about blowing up FO

Tannenbaum likes to think outside the box. He is going to try and do things his way for the better of himself to build his resume as if he is some sort of innovator in the league. He is not going to bring in a coach that overshadows him or someone that he may not have full control of. This is exactly what we don't need. We need to get back to the basics and build a real football operation with a proven head coach and a GM that has real GM duties. I wish Ross would clean house but I don't see it. Tannenbaum has done nothing since he got here and he will be a detriment to this team as long as he has the power to meddle with the football team.

Imagine if you hired Hue Jackson and you kept Al Saunders on as OC (Saunders was the OC for Jackson in Oakland). Saunders already has relationships within the offensive meeting room. From there, Jackson goes out and hires Jim Schwartz to be his DC for a good chunk of change. After Schwartz is landed, they run hard at Jim Washburn for a DLine coach. He is supposedly the one coach that could truly get to Suh. Schwartz and Washburn worked with each other at two prior spots.

Of course, I am biased. However, I think my plan puts strong coaches in all the important levels and would allow the team to actually be coached up going into a season.

Stop teasing me with this dream world scenario. Man would that be epic.

I really don't understand how anyone could be touting Cowher, Dungy or Gruden. Guys have been off the field for far too many years and don't have the passion for coaching. Way too softened by the cozy commentating situation. Really hope Ross doesn't make try to lure one of these guys.

Yeah he was so "respected" that no one else in the league would touch him for even a lateral position before Ross salvaged him from the sports agent dump heap... and prior to that, when Woody Johnson wanted to retain him in another position because he personally liked him, the Jets had trouble getting qualified GMs to interview because he'd still be in the picture.

Don't forget the hole so deep he left his successor in that he himself got fired before being able to dig out from it. Thanks but no thanks on Tannenbum.

Its amazing how many people forget just what happened in NY. Tannenbaum ran that franchise into the ground as it was both void of talent and in cap hell when he left.

It's also amazing people still give Tannebaum credit for the Suh signing when he and his reps stated he wanted to be the highest paid D player in the league, which money bags Ross deserves credit for...because if he didn't agree to pay him that much he would have just signed elsewhere.

I definitely would be on board with Hue Jackson and I swear to God, quit bringing up Cowher, Gruden or Dungy. They are NOT coming back to coach. They would have already. Please leave their names out of this from now on. Bringing up those names are worthless.

Its amazing how many people forget just what happened in NY. Tannenbaum ran that franchise into the ground as it was both void of talent and in cap hell when he left.

It's also amazing people still give Tannebaum credit for the Suh signing when he and his reps stated he wanted to be the highest paid D player in the league, which money bags Ross deserves credit for...because if he didn't agree to pay him that much he would have just signed elsewhere.

Yea, the Suh signing was not an earth shattering move. Suh wanted out of Detroit so basically Detroit was used as leverage. If I recall correctly there was only one other team involved besides us and I don't believe they were a serious contender. The signing was a no brainer, even Ireland could have pulled this one off.

The criticism of Tannenbaum's time...which is less than a year in Miami is so comical. Did he leave the o-line in a bad state? Yep. I agree. Outside of that people loved the moves he made. From Suh to Cameron to the drafting of Parker, people waxed poetic about the offseason.

The MLB position was in bad shape, but outside of Kendricks at 14 there was nobody of value to be picked up. We all get to see Denzel Perryman this week. I would love to see him matched in coverage vs Cameron.

As for his job in NY, make no mistake about it, that FO thought they were a game away from reaching the Super Bowl...they went for it. I have no issue taking all your resources if you feel you are close and making a run. Winning a Super Bowl makes you an immortal in the sport. They went for it and failed. Big deal.

The criticism of Tannenbaum's time...which is less than a year in Miami is so comical. Did he leave the o-line in a bad state? Yep. I agree. Outside of that people loved the moves he made. From Suh to Cameron to the drafting of Parker, people waxed poetic about the offseason.

The MLB position was in bad shape, but outside of Kendricks at 14 there was nobody of value to be picked up. We all get to see Denzel Perryman this week. I would love to see him matched in coverage vs Cameron.

As for his job in NY, make no mistake about it, that FO thought they were a game away from reaching the Super Bowl...they went for it. I have no issue taking all your resources if you feel you are close and making a run. Winning a Super Bowl makes you an immortal in the sport. They went for it and failed. Big deal.
Brother I think the way he left the Jets and the recent failures we have had here makes a lot of fans not feeling like a positive change is coming anytime soon. My question has he learned from his mistakes?

They mlb wasn't the only position that needed to be addressed this off-season . This team needed a G, MLB, CB & FS last year and those are still major concerns. Tannenbaum has always like the glitzy players and as happy as I am they signed Suh none of the other needs were filled. Which is dumb as **** considering what the options were and how the off-season played out.

And yes I can fault him a ton for the mistake he made. They needed a game managing QB with that defense and Tannenbaum put all of his eggs in the Sanchize basket, pretty ****ing horrible decision making if you ask me.

And let's not even get into how he received the GM job in NY in the first place. If his boss doesn't step down in Feb of 2006 he more than likely doesn't get the chance because all of the other better candidates had already been hired. So in my eyes you can't even give him credit for that draft because their board would have already been set. (On a side note God damn our 2006 draft sucked, Ginn over Revis and Willis still pisses me off).

What has he done to make Miami a desirable place? If anything this team went backwards since his emergence. He was there everyday in the offseason and training camp and didn't recognize that the team was inadequate. No backup plans with the staff or the roster. The team started a nose dive in week 2 and there were no answers. A good football mind would have known beforehand that this team was lacking.

Hickey is a clown and a loser. No idea why this fan base likes that dope so much. Total failure in Tampa Bay and now Miami. He sucks.

Wot?

You mean by drafting stars like Landry, James and Parker and studs like Fede and Ajayi in his first 2 drafts? Yeah, he's a loser...

Unless Al Saunders is running the ball 60-70% of the time like he did a few seasons in Kansas City then I don't want any part of him.

Well I think Hickey is gone, he also only signed a 2 year contract.

Tannenbaum? Doubtful unless Matt Higgins and Dan hate him.

It makes sense in the aspect that if Ross wants a proven winner, he is going to have to hand over complete control of all football personnel.

Nobody will take the job with the structures Ross has used in the past, with this one reporting to that one and that one reporting to this one. And another one reporting directly to him.

No one should be safe. The net result of all of the decision makers in the building, management and coaching, is this.
The fact that someone in the building convinced the owner to shell out $200 million on two players this offseason.. regardless of how you feel about either of them that's bad business.
Scorched earth is fine with me.
15-CBS-L.png

Back
Top Bottom