Jay Cutler - seems to be fins top choice | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jay Cutler - seems to be fins top choice

Miami bringing in Jay Cutler would just would relieve me of the duty of watching the games this year. I couldn't even watch them just in the hopes that he would get injured. He already ruined my interest in a team that's been my second favorite for my entire life since it's my dad's team. I simply can't stomach watching a single snap of that moron who singlehandedly sinks teams, staffs, than seasons. To watch Jay Cutler is to learn how a player with supposed talent and capability can all by himself prevent teams from winning repeatedly that could have made the playoffs with a guy with a fraction of the talent.

Osweiler is terrible.
A year or so ago, the guy who knew him best and not coincidentally knows a thing or 2 about good quarterbacking named Elway obviously disagreed by extending him a respectable new starter's contract.

I would sign Osweiler to back up Matt Moore in the event that RT is hobbled or out for a significant amount of time.
Doughty or the other back will never start in the NFL. Just cut them.
Both Moore and Osweiler have game experience.
Bringing in Kap makes sense to. If RT is out, Gase can design packages for Kap while Moore is the starter.
There really isnt any other alternatives.

Literally any body would be better as a back up qb than the two we have now. I'm not a Kap fan at all but he's better than Cutler at this point in his career.

A year or so ago, the guy who knew him best and not coincidentally knows a thing or 2 about good quarterbacking named Elway obviously disagreed by extending him a respectable new starter's contract.

Good point, but Osweiler may have been fine in Denver's system and with a staff who knew how to use him. The only thing O'Brien knows about QB's is how to play musical chairs with them. Osweiler lost his confidence and once that happens most QB's without overwhelming talent are done.

I'm warming to Osweiller.. he and Gase sing each others' praises, he was successful during Adam's tenure, and barely more than a year ago, on the basis of his Denver work was in demand by Houston, and more significantly, a guy named Elway who knew him best and knows a thing or two about QB'ing. Probably would be a cheap acquisition we would not have to guarantee a starting job to.

Define success? Like in the preseason? Osweiler is definitely trash.

For a bench role behind Moore i'd prefer RG3 or Kaep but they are going to be going to the bench. If Tannehill is out Moore is our starter.

Dmac

Cutler threw 21 TD's and 11 picks under Gase in 2015 in 15 games. Tannehill had 19 TD's and 12 picks when he went down after 13 games. Tannehill is better than Cutler (just to be clear) but lets not act like Cutler threw 30 picks under Gase in 2015. I also don't think he had Parker, Stills, Landry, Thomas, Ajayi like skill players but maybe someone could refresh my memory. While not a great choice Jay Cutler just may be our best one Kap is just in the news right now. If he's bringing the old niners defenses and O-lines by all means but I don't think they'll be part of the deal.

Actually if you line up Tanny in 2016 vs Cutler in 2015 statistically Tanny is slightly better, albeit with 1 more INT in 2 less games, but you'd be splitting hairs in choosing one over the other.

b0HKkTT.gif

You weren't saying that last year when he played us. He balled out against us. Almost 300 in the air with 3 tds and 100+ on the ground.

You mean Kaep had a good statistical game? Sign me up! How many 3 or 4 TD games has Matt Moore had in his Dolphin tenure?

Cutler threw 21 TD's and 11 picks under Gase in 2015 in 15 games. Tannehill had 19 TD's and 12 picks when he went down after 13 games. Tannehill is better than Cutler (just to be clear) but lets not act like Cutler threw 30 picks under Gase in 2015. I also don't think he had Parker, Stills, Landry, Thomas, Ajayi like skill players but maybe someone could refresh my memory. While not a great choice Jay Cutler just may be our best one Kap is just in the news right now. If he's bringing the old niners defenses and O-lines by all means but I don't think they'll be part of the deal.

Actually if you line up Tanny in 2016 vs Cutler in 2015 statistically Tanny is slightly better, albeit with 1 more INT in 2 less games, but you'd be splitting hairs in choosing one over the other.

If you look at the stats with Cutler, you're doing it wrong. Anyone who has ever watched the guy for a couple games knows the sheer dumassery exceeds what even shows up on the stat sheet (which to be fair, was usually terrible too). You can't imagine the ability to create fumbles, the penchant for interceptions that kill his team's chances of winning, the poor situational football that could make 300 yards be wholly ineffective.......it's actually pretty funny to be saying those things because there were some similarities that Tannehill had to Cutler before last year in that you had a guy who simply defined mediocre because he was just bad at winning football games. But the difference is that Tannehill improved in the ability to play situational football under Gase, which Cutler simply never did regardless of his TD/INT ratio. And the big thing is that Tannehill actually gave the impression of caring when he sucked and wanting to get better, as well as being tough.

I hate the available options but they could be worse. There are silver linings here. It's not often at this point of the year that there is any QB even worth talking to. It's usually go dumpster diving and hope for the best. Fact is there is too much talent to tank so gotta give the team the best chance to win football games. Cutler might get the edge because of his familiarity with Gase and the current offense. It also sounds like we'd be the only team he'd come out of retirement for so we can hold the situation hostage until a decision is made on Tannehill's knee. Obviously not ideal but at least we're not in a situation where we'd have to do something insane like give up picks for Sam Bradford, just to think of one example.

How old is Favre now? :happy

Back
Top Bottom