Jay Cutler - seems to be fins top choice | Page 47 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jay Cutler - seems to be fins top choice

I don't blame him. 22 other quarterbacks average 15 million a year or more in 2017. 13 million is too low for Jay Cutler to be brought in as a starter, especially when he already set up his after football life.

You ok with paying him like that? Im really not if it hurts us going forward. I get this year is going to be painful- but it still very well might be even with Cutler and this OL etc

I don't blame him. 22 other quarterbacks average 15 million a year or more in 2017. 13 million is too low for Jay Cutler to be brought in as a starter, especially when he already set up his after football life.

Theres probably more than 22 qbs better than jay cutler tho.

Looking at some clips of Matt Moore from last year and the dude just doesn't have enough of an arm and is pretty inaccurate. Every now and then he'll hit a big play downfield though but half the time his passes are late and behind.

Theres probably more than 22 qbs better than jay cutler tho.
and I count at least 23 better than Kappernick.. Tannehill before even Gase turned him nto top 10 level the his last 8 games, was better than that and look where it got us. Maybe we should just ride with Moore and try to finesse McCarren away from Bengals or more likely, if the guy who knows him very well, Gase, wants to make Osweiler a reclamation project, Cleveland would probably be thrilled to underwrite much of the cost... and we resign Juice to boot.

You ok with paying him like that? Im really not if it hurts us going forward. I get this year is going to be painful- but it still very well might be even with Cutler and this OL etc

Nope.

Personally I would pass and just sign a veteran backup like Shaun Hill (or insert whatever name that is not Cutler/Kaepernick) and take my lumps this year with Matt Moore.

But Jay Cutler is not some $6 million journeyman backup like Josh McCown or Brian Hoyer. He would be brought here to start and that should command lower level veteran starter money . . . Which starts at $15 million per season.

If Miami is willing to bring him in for $13 million and feel he can indeed help us save the season . . . Then $2 million should not be a deterrent in making him a Miami Dolphin.

All hypothetical, but that is my thoughts on it.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/...oward-staying-retired?ls=roto:FA:topheadlines

I'll be glad if he stay retired. I don't believe spending all that money on a one year rental is the way to go. Go with Moore to start the season which is really the softest part of our schedule. In the meantime look around for a young guy that we can groom. If it looks like we're not making the playoffs then give the young guy a chance to play and on to the draft where we can draft a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round in case Tanny can't get healthy. Use the cash to get Laundry back. Cutler would be gone after this one year so you'd still need a QB who then most likely would not have Laundry

Ozzy rules!!

and I count at least 23 better than Kappernick.. Tannehill before even Gase turned him nto top 10 level the his last 8 games, was better than that and look where it got us. Maybe we should just ride with Moore and try to finesse McCarren away from Bengals or more likely, if the guy who knows him very well, Gase, wants to make Osweiler a reclamation project, Cleveland would probably be thrilled to underwrite much of the cost... and we resign Juice to boot.
I don't think Moore can successfully make it through the season with a winning record. I like him, but I understand his limitations.

So not only will signing Cutler confirm that Tannehill is out for the year, but it also means Jay ****ing Cutler will be our QB.

giveup.gif

Back
Top Bottom