Jay Cutler - seems to be fins top choice | Page 49 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jay Cutler - seems to be fins top choice

they should start mat moore if we do bad. we will do what cowboys did 2yr ago and get stud in top 5 next yr...it not like we are going win superbowl....or mat moore may do good ????

I don't understand the desire to throw a season away. Every year there are new holes in the roster.

Why not hope Gase can be a magician and win without his starter like belichick did without Brady.

For that matter, sports are the ultimate meritocracy. You really think the front office, Gase, and his assistants want to throw away a season? People get fired for that.

Hell I coach HS lacrosse. I've seen guys get fired after losing the championship game. You don't work your butt off, have one key injury, and throw in the towel.

I got your points esp. about Morral......my point was Morral played in a different era and if he had been facing athletes of today's caliber back then..... he wouldn't have been successful as an old QB not in the peak of shape being hammered by and chased around by physical freaks.....that is what Cutler is facing and the chance of him "pulling a Morral" is much less greater today because of how the game has changed.

Yeah, I understand that. But Cutler's performance under Gase was much better than people are characterizing. Cutler did this in today's era NFL, so I do think there is some basis for the comparison. Cutler has been injured, yes, and today is more physical, but Cutler had also taken his share of big hits without Injury.

It's all good. I think there is room to disagree here.

http://www.rotoworld.com/sports/nfl/football?ls=roto:nfl:gnav
this is just freaking crazy. He was never that good to begin with and you're going to give him 15mill? we over paid for several guys this off season and gave away a lot of guaranteed money like it was water. Have never liked t-baum and he'd be a part of paying Cutler that kind of money. How does the FO explains to Laundry that he can't get a deal after all he's done but you're going to give Cutler that much cash? Our FO just never seems to learn anything

Ozzy rules!!

I don't understand the desire to throw a season away. Every year there are new holes in the roster.

Why not hope Gase can be a magician and win without his starter like belichick did without Brady.

For that matter, sports are the ultimate meritocracy. You really think the front office, Gase, and his assistants want to throw away a season? People get fired for that.

Hell I coach HS lacrosse. I've seen guys get fired after losing the championship game. You don't work your butt off, have one key injury, and throw in the towel.

agreed, this is not the year to fold, could't do it right in the suck for luck year no way we lose 12-14 with the talent we have now.

Not many here want to "throw the season away"......what we're saying is we don't want to throw away future seasons and mortgage the future by paying a fortune to an old out of shape QB who may not have a desire to play any longer (but wants the $$$) and who may or may not wind up being any better than what we can field anyway.......so....play the hand dealt and don't handicap the team next year and beyond with money/cap,etc. issues by panicking now and shoveling out a boatload of money for Cutler.

Hope he stays retired.
Roll with Moore. Seasons over anyway. Save the money to keep our core guys.

They have to play for this year. Next year never comes. If Gase is convinced he can win more games with Cutler - I will roll with his evaluation.

Btw - they can structure the deal so the cap hit is spread over multiple season. 2-3 year deal with a big signing bonus and low salary for year 1. Then a huge roster bonus on the first day of the league year. Designate him as a post June 1 cut.

Back
Top Bottom