Jay Cutler - seems to be fins top choice | Page 50 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jay Cutler - seems to be fins top choice

They have to play for this year. Next year never comes. If Gase is convinced he can win more games with Cutler - I will roll with his evaluation.

Btw - they can structure the deal so the cap hit is spread over multiple season. 2-3 year deal with a big signing bonus and low salary for year 1. Then a huge roster bonus on the first day of the league year. Designate him as a post June 1 cut.
but those start to add up and then we're in trouble. Even with Tannehill it was not going to be easy to make the playoffs with our schedule. We have lots of ? along the o-line and the defense. Cutler is not as good as Tannehill, not even close. Why should we think he'll lead our team(he's not a leader)into the playoffs?

Ozzy rules!!

That's the problem with someone who is retired. You can't do this half-hearted

Exactly.......and I'm sure he thought when he retired he was "done with all that camp BS, injuries, pains, criticism," etc and now would kick up his heels and have a cushy job minus all that but still be around NFL football and get paid. Plus.....it's gonna be even harder now to pull the switch and get back into it......if this came up in April or so, maybe but now he's been in the studio, enjoy the easy life doing practice gigs and is scheduled to do a preaseason game in like 2 weeks.....I could forgive him for saying "why would I go back into this not prepared, not in shape and expose myself to more ridicule" (obviously the money but I'm talking the intangibles).

And let's not forget.....who's to say that his kids weren't told by him/his wife "Daddy is going to be home a lot more now.....he won't miss your school plays, recitals, etc. and he'll be home for every holiday" Tough to walk back on that....and...though I'm no Cutler supporter, I think his family means a lot to him and I saw posted somewhere that is also a major concern of his coming back.

I think we can agree that, if we sign Cutler it is because Gase wants him.

Now let's do a thought experiment. Let's say the defense improves so we are middle of the pack. And we win 10+ games with Cutler.

Does that buy Gase more credibility for everyone that is upset with the idea of Cutler? Does it buy him some political capital?

I think we can agree that, if we sign Cutler it is because Gase wants him.

Now let's do a thought experiment. Let's say the defense improves so we are middle of the pack. And we win 10+ games with Cutler.

Does that buy Gase more credibility for everyone that is upset with the idea of Cutler? Does it buy him some political capital?
It would bro. I think if he decided that we would be supportive of his decision. We may not agree with it but will be supportive. If he is signed and is successful I will be the first one to say congratulations.

I personally view it like Pennington. It's a one year rental of a player that has flaws.

I would absolutely hate it if Gase didn't have direct coaching experience with Cutler.

I mean, isn't his year with Cutler the reason we hired him??

Yeah, I understand that. But Cutler's performance under Gase was much better than people are characterizing. Cutler did this in today's era NFL, so I do think there is some basis for the comparison. Cutler has been injured, yes, and today is more physical, but Cutler had also taken his share of big hits without Injury.

It's all good. I think there is room to disagree here.

Cutler's performance under Gase really wasn't that impressive. In other years Cutler made a lot of really big plays and made a lot of really big mistakes. Under Gase Cutler seemed to make a lot less really nice plays but still made enough mistakes to prevent them from winning because
but those start to add up and then we're in trouble. Even with Tannehill it was not going to be easy to make the playoffs with our schedule. We have lots of ? along the o-line and the defense. Cutler is not as good as Tannehill, not even close. Why should we think he'll lead our team(he's not a leader)into the playoffs?

Ozzy rules!!

Cutler only had oneplayoff appearance his entire career, and that was with a perennial winner in Denver and a team in Chicago that had a defense better than anything we've fielded in 30 years and he still could only make the playoffs once.

I personally view it like Pennington. It's a one year rental of a player that has flaws.

I would absolutely hate it if Gase didn't have direct coaching experience with Cutler.

I mean, isn't his year with Cutler the reason we hired him??

The problem with Cutler is that his flaws are about the same as Matt Moore who we already have.

Just heard we're close now just small money difference and family wants him to stay retired

First off, I'm as sick as anyone having our promising QB go down over something that should have been taken care of by whoever. (don't care if it was tannehill or staff. Should have been taken care of)

At the same time, I really don't think Cutler is a BAD QB. He has all the tools except an attitude that limits him badly.

I actually prefer Kaep but apparently that's not going to happen and is okay because I'll take the chance the pros know more than me.

Cutler may be what this squad needs in terms of a guy that's going to give our WRs and TEs a chance to catch the ball on every play. Parker needs that IMO. Stills won't drop off much. Landry may drop off reception wise but I still think with our deep and talented running game, strong receiving corp including TEs and Rbs, and a D that sounds like they're ready to play and are playing good together. (talented group)

Cutler's career QB rating is 85.1 and Tannehill has an 86.5. I honestly don't believe it's an enormous drop off and not just because of stats, that would be a dumb biased way to measure success.

Once again, I'm disgusted to the point I want to puke, but having Jay Cutler doesn't mean we're doomed.

We're simply too talented at other positions to be looked past.

I've been going to the Bucs camp this year (just went today actually) and their line is brutal. I don't think we lose week 1 regardless if Moore, Tannehill, Bridgewater, Kaep, or Cutler start (obviously one of them is going to start lol )

I firmly believe we have enough tools/weapons to make Cutler a good QB again. This is a perfect situation for him for many reasons.

The Tannehill haters are probably realizing what losing him will mean to our team.

Regardless, as Dolphin fans, let's keep our heads up and hope for progression from the youngsters while hopefully winning football games with Jay Cutler.

PHINS UP!!! Always

We should go with Jay Cutler and see if there's any magic there. If not, then I hope we just tank the season and get great draft picks next year. We will not win the SB anyway.

I'm fine with CUtler for the right price. And from what I hear his version of the right price and my version are not the same.

Back
Top Bottom