Jay Cutler - seems to be fins top choice | Page 51 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jay Cutler - seems to be fins top choice

I don't understand the desire to throw a season away. Every year there are new holes in the roster.

Why not hope Gase can be a magician and win without his starter like belichick did without Brady.

Easy to answer that - Gase is not a defensive minded coach like Belichick.

Just saw the Darlington hit on Sportcenter, sounds like Cutler is trying to get more money out of us and is playing coy.

Cutler's career QB rating is 85.1 and Tannehill has an 86.5. I honestly don't believe it's an enormous drop off and not just because of stats, that would be a dumb biased way to measure success.

Matt Moore's career rating is 82, a bit of a drop off, but he's also the only one of the three to have a winning record as a starter and that's because Cutler and Tannehill (before last year where he improved) have flat out played some of the worst situational football I've ever seen from a QB to take wins off the board. That's the real problem with looking at QB rating and passing stats alone.

I'm not saying the d is better because of him. But I think it will improve based on personnel.

Also, I think Belichick deserves far more credit for the offense.

I'm not saying the d is better because of him. But I think it will improve based on personnel.

Also, I think Belichick deserves far more credit for the offense.

Absolutely agree. But NE succeed as an all around team because he is not a single minded HC like Gase is.

Matt Moore's career rating is 82, a bit of a drop off, but he's also the only one of the three to have a winning record as a starter and that's because Cutler and Tannehill (before last year where he improved) have flat out played some of the worst situational football I've ever seen from a QB to take wins off the board. That's the real problem with looking at QB rating and passing stats alone.

Your hate for tannehill is unfounded. If anyone took wins off the board for us, it was BY FAR Joe Philbin

Your hate for tannehill is unfounded. If anyone took wins off the board for us, it was BY FAR Joe Philbin

Actually I've supported Tannehill a lot, and that's because he became a different player last year. But yes, I despised Tannehill before last year, and that's about 90 percent due to Jay Cutler. I had already grown really, really tired of seeing one of my favorite teams hitch its wagon and live or die with a guy who was just good enough to not be cast off but wasn't really good at winning games. I've never hated an NFL player more than Jay Cutler and that's because he completely ruined any joy from watching one of my favorite NFL teams, and I couldn't stand seeing a QB on the field who looked good statistically but was really bad at pivotal moments in the games for my real, diehard favorite team. Cutler was the nightmare that never ended and then getting Tannehill...uuhh. But again, i'm not a Tannehill detractor anymore because I saw him get good at the things last year that held him back. I've just never not liked Moore either, and there were many times when I legitimately thought Moore gave us a chance to win games than Tannehill couldn't since he couldn't play without a line or use the whole field (at that time).

We are the Vikings of last year. Bridgewater goes down and they scramble for another starter. In Gase I trust.

The big difference between us and the Vikings is that they knew their championship window was closing and Bridgewater's injury was closer to a Dustin Keller career ender than Tannehill's. Also their defense was legit, while ours may not even be a work in progress this year.

The big difference between us and the Vikings is that they knew their championship window was closing and Bridgewater's injury was closer to a Dustin Keller career ender than Tannehill's. Also their defense was legit, while ours may not even be a work in progress this year.

We definitely need to see better outings from our defense. Any surgery means Ryan won't be back this year. The issue is that we have come this far as a team, offense, defense and we have great talent here this year. Since making the playoffs, we have the taste of blood. We want to be back this year, not next or whenever Ryan heals. Gase and the fans cannot wait on one man to determine their championship aspirations.

We definitely need to see better outings from our defense. Any surgery means Ryan won't be back this year. The issue is that we have come this far as a team, offense, defense and we have great talent here this year. Since making the playoffs, we have the taste of blood. We want to be back this year, not next or whenever Ryan heals. Gase and the fans cannot wait on one man to determine their championship aspirations.

When that one man is the QB, unfortunately that's just the way it is, at least when you're in the state our team is in. Our defense isn't good enough to carry us without an offense that can be high caliber and clutch when needed. Even with Tannehill I thought we might be a year away.

RT will eventually decide to have surgery otherwise he risks missing next year as well--the instability is not going to fix itself. Our running game and D must carry us for us to have a chance this year.

Back
Top Bottom