Jay Fiedler Or Ryan Tannelhill? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jay Fiedler Or Ryan Tannelhill?

That defense fizzled because they were on the field all the time because that offense couldn't put up enough points. Fielder did pull a lot of games out only because his offenses kept games way to close.

---------- Post added at 07:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 PM ----------

It was a challenge for those offenses to score 25pts a game. You can't win games like that in modern day football.

No, when they played good offenses they fell behind quickly and they could never beat the Pennington led Jets . Also if Tannehill had the weapons Fiedler or Pennington had this place would be crying like babies about how we need better weapons. Yet those QB's just weren't good enough, Ted ginn and James McKnight were fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fiedler won games. Remember what that felt like?

Being discouraged by the quarterback shouldn't be confused with a lack loyalty. As a 30 year Dolphins fan who has stuck with this team no matter what, and who will always stick with this team no matter what, I think our starting quarterback is pedestrian or average at best, and does not make winning plays. I am so tired of hearing it's not his fault, it's the offensive line. The offensive line was also the issue with the last dozen plus quarterbacks we've gone through. 14 points and a pick six against a 2-7 team at home simply isn't good enough. Held under 20 multiple games this season simply isn't good enough. The inability to recognize coverages and to convert on third downs isn't good enough. We need stability at the position, no question, but we don't deserve to have to settle for mediocrity.

Not asking for a qb change, and understand the financial aspect binds us to him. Just not sure this guy is going to get us anywhere in the next couple years.

Sort of. Miami may have won 9-11 games those seasons but once the playoffs arrived it was blowout city. I'd take that over this dreck but in the end it's still deciding on which piece of **** to eat for dinner.

how can you say that when tanny has 4 first round oline.

Fiedler wasted several talented Dolphin teams. We won games in spite of jay not because of him

I'd take Fielder pre shoulder injury all day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fiedler handicap a championship team by himself. Tanny with that team would have won a championship. We only needed back then to pose any type of real threat and no one was scared of noodle armed Fiedler.

You were probably one of those fools jumping up for joy when Fiedler got injured and Ray Lucas was "upgraded" to QB.

Fiedler was a winner and contributed to the team, as evident as to what happened when Fiedler was injured. Same thing happened when Griese started over Fiedler, JRS went nuts when Fiedler was put back in the game and led the team to victory. You also seem to forget his gutsy performance against the Raiders after 9/11.

Don't get me wrong, Fiedler was not a franchise QB, but he certainly was no slouch and compared to Tannehill.

This is question is unfair. They are/were both horrid. Fiedler played above his ability at times. Tannehill plays beneath his. In the end they kind of wash out.

Fiedler was horrid? are you serious or na? not even close the best qb we had since dan (pennington era wasn't long enough)

Fielder all day everyday. I'll never forget that game winning drive against Oakland in 2001.
or his awesome playoff outings against the Raiders either.

---------- Post added at 11:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 AM ----------

Fiedler was horrid? are you serious or na? not even close the best qb we had since dan (pennington era wasn't long enough)
he had a noodle for an arm and was severely limited in the talent department. He was gritty and played above his abilities at times.

Ryan Tannehill. Fielder had a team around him that had a top shelf defense and had a top runningback.
fielder on this team would be Case Keenan

1999 Miami w/ a 2 time SB winning coach and possibly the greatest QB of all time was a WC team and lost 62-7 in the playoffs. After that season the coach quit, the QB retired and everyone expected Miami to absolutely suck. Fiedler helped you win a div title and this was 2 years before Ricky Williams had that all time great year. In the season Ricky had that all time great year the biggest reason you missed the playoffs was b/c Fiedler got hurt.

I've always loved Fiedler. He can lead my team any day.

He didn't have much skill but he was a born leader. Some of my greatest Dolphin memories were with Fiedler at the helm.

The dive at the goal line was about a winner wanting to win. And while he wasn't the most accurate or best at the deep ball, he seem to always have a collection of WRs that would risk life and limb to make a play for him. You can't coach that. You can't pay for that.

The Denver game at Mile High was probably the most epic game I've ever watched. Grown men hitting each other as hard they could to punish the opponent. That game was pure heart and emotion. Chambers on full display then gets his bell rung. Fiedler telling Ward in the huddle to be ready because it's coming... Ward climbing the ladder to make the catch.... and a clutch kick to win the game.

Man.... I miss the days when our team played like champions.

---------- Post added at 01:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

Give me 53 guys with heart over 53 guys with skill any day. It's different when you know guys are playing balls out every play. These players we have now are too worried about who to blame for failing.

Back
Top Bottom