Jay Fiedler Or Ryan Tannelhill? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jay Fiedler Or Ryan Tannelhill?

my memories of jay fiedler are getting up off the ground looking out his ear hole

I've always loved Fiedler. He can lead my team any day.

He didn't have much skill but he was a born leader. Some of my greatest Dolphin memories were with Fiedler at the helm.

The dive at the goal line was about a winner wanting to win. And while he wasn't the most accurate or best at the deep ball, he seem to always have a collection of WRs that would risk life and limb to make a play for him. You can't coach that. You can't pay for that.

The Denver game at Mile High was probably the most epic game I've ever watched. Grown men hitting each other as hard they could to punish the opponent. That game was pure heart and emotion. Chambers on full display then gets his bell rung. Fiedler telling Ward in the huddle to be ready because it's coming... Ward climbing the ladder to make the catch.... and a clutch kick to win the game.

Man.... I miss the days when our team played like champions.

---------- Post added at 01:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

Give me 53 guys with heart over 53 guys with skill any day. It's different when you know guys are playing balls out every play. These players we have now are too worried about who to blame for failing.
I totally disagree. He was a guy that tried to play like he had a rocket for an arm, but had an arm like Chad Pennington's and did not know how to use it. The perfect example, and I will never forget this, was a play where he threw a deep ball to Chambers when Gadsen was running wide open on a crossing route. The ball he threw looked like a wounded duck flying through the air and it got picked. I also do not think he was a guy that inspired much confidence in his teammates.

1999 Miami w/ a 2 time SB winning coach and possibly the greatest QB of all time was a WC team and lost 62-7 in the playoffs. After that season the coach quit, the QB retired and everyone expected Miami to absolutely suck. Fiedler helped you win a div title and this was 2 years before Ricky Williams had that all time great year. In the season Ricky had that all time great year the biggest reason you missed the playoffs was b/c Fiedler got hurt.
while you are correct, let's not leave out that in 1999 we won a PO game at Seattle before the jags game. In '00 we won versus Peyton manning in spite of Fiedler who was horrific w 2 or 3 picks in the first half. We took the ball out of his hands and a back named Lamar Smith carried the ball like 45 times and over 200 yards including a TD to win in OT. Next game we got killed by Oakland and Fiedler was equally terrible. So while people expected us to stink, we did exactly the same as year prior. Not terrible at all but it was more in spite of Jay Fiedler and his Boston Pops.

while you are correct, let's not leave out that in 1999 we won a PO game at Seattle before the jags game. In '00 we won versus Peyton manning in spite of Fiedler who was horrific w 2 or 3 picks in the first half. We took the ball out of his hands and a back named Lamar Smith carried the ball like 45 times and over 200 yards including a TD to win in OT. Next game we got killed by Oakland and Fiedler was equally terrible. So while people expected us to stink, we did exactly the same as year prior. Not terrible at all but it was more in spite of Jay Fiedler and his Boston Pops.

you didn't do the same as you won the division in 2000 and you didn't do that in 1999. you ended in the same spot where you lost by 27 instead of 55 like the year earlier.

Jay made plays, he wasn't pretty but the man made plays. You weren't winning a SB w/ him(or that D) but he helped you get to postseason his first 2 years and would likely have year 3 if he didn't get hurt. the playoffs are better than what you have had recently.

With the rules in todays NFL Fiedler would be a star, and I couldn't stand the guy.

And that elite defense he had, collapsed in just about every big moment they faced.

Compared to recent years, Jay Fiedler and Wannstedt were the glory years.

Funny how the last two qb's to lead this team to the playoffs had noodle arms.

With the rules in todays NFL Fiedler would be a star, and I couldn't stand the guy.

And that elite defense he had, collapsed in just about every big moment they faced.

Compared to recent years, Jay Fiedler and Wannstedt were the glory years.

What a sad state we find the team in when you can make that statement.:puke:

you didn't do the same as you won the division in 2000 and you didn't do that in 1999. you ended in the same spot where you lost by 27 instead of 55 like the year earlier.

Jay made plays, he wasn't pretty but the man made plays. You weren't winning a SB w/ him(or that D) but he helped you get to postseason his first 2 years and would likely have year 3 if he didn't get hurt. the playoffs are better than what you have had recently.

I thought you didn't post here the day after a Dolphins loss?

I actually think Tannehill is a lot like Jay. Give him a solid running game and play good defense and he can win games at QB however he's not the guy to take the team on his shoulders like say a Marino did. Not many are.

I thought you didn't post here the day after a Dolphins loss?

I give 24 hrs after KO when you lose to post in any dolphins threads or if it is an especially painful loss I may give even more time.

---------- Post added at 03:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 PM ----------

"fiedler would be a star in todays game"

:lol: :sidelol:

wow

I agree w/ you here. That was pretty funny.

I actually think Tannehill is a lot like Jay. Give him a solid running game and play good defense and he can win games at QB however he's not the guy to take the team on his shoulders like say a Marino did. Not many are.

It certainly isn't a bad comparison. Tannehill has more god given athletic ability than Jay, but Jay played the position better than Ryan IMO. You give Jay Fiedler Ryan's talent or you give Ryan Jay's intelligence/knowhow at the position . . . you virtually have a bright future at the position.

Jay Fiedler's best season... 14 TDs 9 INTs 85 rating... Second best season... 20TDs 19 INTs 80 rating... Career...69 TDs 66 INTs for a whopping 77 rating...
If Tannehill was on those teams, Ricky probably never retires because they dont have to run him at a record breaking rate...

Jay Fiedler's best season... 14 TDs 9 INTs 85 rating... Second best season... 20TDs 19 INTs 80 rating... Career...69 TDs 66 INTs for a whopping 77 rating...
If Tannehill was on those teams, Ricky probably never retires because they dont have to run him at a record breaking rate...

Excellent post.

Back
Top Bottom