Jets vs Bills.... who ya got? Game thread | Page 88 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets vs Bills.... who ya got? Game thread

Who wins?

• Bills

Votes: 86 69.9%
  • Jets

Votes: 37 30.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bills are imploding before our eyes and the Jets fell for the fool's gold.

While I hate the Jets, I feel for their fans. Without Rodgers this team goes nowhere. They're scrappy but not a playoff team with Zach Wilson. Just an absolutely brutal development.
**** them Jets fans are the worst

If this really ends Rodgers career (I don't think it will, he'll come back regardless), this may be the biggest disaster for a team in draft picks, money, and potential plans, in the history of the NFL

Danny boy looked like a shell of himself after the Achilles injury and he was only like 32 when it happened. Rodgers will be 40, granted Achilles injuried recoveries have improved but 40 years old is tough. I’d say he’s done.

They seem to do almost everything right except finding a quarterback. Great looking running back, dline, lber. Cb all young dudes. Any remote we saw in quarterback, their playoff bound. I don’t love their offensive line though
Yep, that's why the shot makes sense.

Bills are imploding before our eyes and the Jets fell for the fool's gold.

While I hate the Jets, I feel for their fans. Without Rodgers this team goes nowhere. They're scrappy but not a playoff team with Zach Wilson. Just an absolutely brutal development.

**** em. I don't recall the assholes shedding any tears for Tua.

The way Rodgers contract was written, it was always going to be a cap bomb when he retired. ...the sooner he retires, the worse it'll hurt.
The fact that his salary next year is 100% guaranteed means they can't even release him with a post June 1st designation and help their situation much.
If Rodgers is done... and it really looks like that is the most likely end to this... this will hurt the Jesters' cap for 3 straight years.

The way Rodgers contract was written, it was always going to be a cap bomb when he retired. ...the sooner he retires, the worse it'll hurt.
The fact that his salary next year is 100% guaranteed means they can't even release him with a post June 1st designation and help their situation much.
If Rodgers is done... and it really looks like that is the most likely end to this... this will hurt the Jesters' cap for 3 straight years.
He could restructure with an out year to help them.

He could restructure with an out year to help them.
All that would do is push the pain down the road a single year.
Too much of this contract was written as a bonus. 70M... That is going to land on some year's cap.

All that would do is push the pain down the road a single year.
Too much of this contract was written as a bonus. 70M... That is going to land on some year's cap.
Agreed. But they have such a talented roster, if I were them it would be easy to justify pushing it out to try and win now… somehow.

Well I would feel bad for Aaron if that's it.

I would not shed one tear for every media / talking head that wouldn't shut up about him since his signing. At least they still have Daniel Jones.
If that Achilles is fully ruptured, I can't see him ever trying to play again. He'd be a sitting duck back there... even if he thought he could play. Teams would light him up.

That said... if it's less than a complete tear... maybe.

Agreed. But they have such a talented roster, if I were them it would be easy to justify pushing it out to try and win now… somehow.
They are going to have to play Giants football. Lots of running the ball and tons of defense.

Honestly, their best move would be to tank for a QB at the top of the 2024 draft who can step in and start. They can’t afford a quality veteran even if they spread the Rodgers cap pain into the future, and they’re not winning anything with Wilson. It was a huge mistake for them to go all in on a 40 year old QB with such a talented young core for this exact reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom