Jets Williams on Tua: "he’ll be an amazing quarterback" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets Williams on Tua: "he’ll be an amazing quarterback"

Nublar7

Retired FinHeaven Staff
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Interesting comments on Tua from former Alabama teammate and current division rival Quinnen Williams.

“I think he’ll be an amazing quarterback, man,” Williams said during an appearance on CBS Sports Radio’s “The Zach Gelb Show” on Wednesday. “He’s an amazing leader. Great arm, great player, great leader, just a great teammate in general, man, and I just think, just like me, some guys need more time than other guys to become that player that everybody know they can be in the NFL, man, so he probably struggled a little bit his first year, man, but I’m pretty sure he’s not going to struggle his second year just due to the learning and experience that he had getting a chance to be on the field his first year, and the things he did wrong his first year he won’t let hisself do wrong again his second year. It’s just how we built at Alabama.”

People who say he has a weak arm didn’t see (or understand) what he did in college.

The comparisons to Herbert are inapposite too. They are two different types of quarterbacks. The superficial fan looks at arm strength and yards like it’s a video game. Tua is extremely accurate. If you watched carefully, even some of his missed throws last year were just a touch off. His accuracy is remarkable. Tua is a savvy kid who’s game is to make the right play almost all of the time and WIN THE GAME. We are here to win not put up video game numbers.

I liked Herbert going back to college and back then admonished the anti-Herbert group-think on Finheaven that he’d be a franchise QB when there were so many detractors on here. However, the way Armando casually says Miami got the wrong guy—absurdly, like it’s a fact—is another of his typical mistakes. Go read his article exhorting the franchise to sign Mike Wallace. He’s the guy who’s impressed by the slick guy. Armando may be a nice guy, good at getting info, but he has no bleeping idea what he’s looking at on the field. He’s just wrong all the time. He’s like Costanza. Do the opposite of what he thinks.

I like Fitzpatrick. He started 3-3 and was decidedly average. He came off the bench when the offense wasn’t crisp under Tua. I had no problem with that. The first time, the pace improved right away. Miami had a chance. But then he threw an idiotic interception and blew it. That’s him, and not what Tua is about. The second time, he pulled out a great miraculous victory. Lady luck was smiling.

Guys like Armando and Barry are leading the charge against Tua and misleading the more superficial fans and National media types who don’t really understand what’s happening. It’s truly the blind leading the blind. The dumbest thing Miami could do is bail on Tua. There were a couple of games where the offense was stale, and that coincided with his skill talent being out and the OC handcuffing him. The clear takeaway was he showed a ton of promise. A ton.

Last edited:
Great arm? pffft...clearly he hasn't read certain finheaven opinion in regards to Tua's weak arm.
I watched a lot of Alabama games when Tua was their QB because there was so much interest in the Dolphins drafting him. From what I saw, Tua had a strong and very accurate arm. He seemed capable of making any throw required from a QB in the NFL.

I have never understood those individuals who claim Tua has a weak arm but they are certainly entitled to their opinion.

People who say he has a weak arm didn’t see (or understand) what he did in college.

The comparisons to Herbert are inapposite too. They are two different types of quarterbacks. The superficial fan looks at arm strength and yards like it’s a video game. Tua is extremely accurate. If you watched carefully, even some of his missed throws last year were just a touch off. His accuracy is remarkable. Tua is a savvy kid who’s game is to make the right play almost all of the time and WIN THE GAME. We are here to win not put up video game numbers.

I liked Herbert going back to college and back then admonished the anti-Herbert group-think on Finheaven that he’d be a franchise QB when there were so many detractors on here. However, the way Armando casually says Miami got the wrong guy—absurdly, like it’s a fact—is another of his typical mistakes. Go read his article exhorting the franchise to sign Mike Wallace. He’s the guy who’s impressed by the slick guy. Armando may be a nice guy, good at getting info, but he has no bleeping idea what he’s looking at on the field. He’s just wrong all the time. He’s like Costanza. Do the opposite of what he thinks.

I like Fitzpatrick. He started 3-3 and was decidedly average. He came off the bench when the offense wasn’t crisp under Tua. I had no problem with that. The first time, the pace improved right away. Miami had a chance. But then he threw an idiotic interception and blew it. That’s him, and not what Tua is about. The second time, he pulled out a great miraculous victory. Lady luck was smiling.

Guys like Armando and Barry are leading the charge against Tua and misleading the more superficial fans and National media types who don’t really understand what’s happening. It’s truly the blind leading the blind. The dumbest thing Miami could do is bail on Tua. There were a couple of games where the offense was stale, and that coincided with his skill talent being out and the OC handcuffing him. The clear takeaway was he showed a ton of promise. A ton.
mando doesn't have his inside guy anymore so not he just makes stuff up all the time and acts as if that's all fact. He's just trying to get clicks but won't get any from me.

mando doesn't have his inside guy anymore so not he just makes stuff up all the time and acts as if that's all fact. He's just trying to get clicks but won't get any from me.
All the media members who write about the Dolphins had to hate the hiring of Flores simply because he came from the Patriots. Not because they thought he would be a bad head coach but because they knew Flores wasn’t going to stand for all the leaks that previous regimes had allowed.

Belichick and the Patriots are an organization that doesn‘t share their inter workings with the media. Flores is exactly like that in his relationship with the media and Grier is rarely ever seen, much less heard.

So Armando and the rest of media that report on the Dolphins spend a lot more time guessing what the Dolphins might do than actually reporting what is happening in the organization. I imagine Flores and Grier must look at one another when they read the comments from Armando and others in the media
regarding the Dolphins and ask each other, “what the heck is this guy smoking”?

Tua had a stronger arm than Chris Simms had at the NFL level. Dont mess with TUA. He can always tell his agent he does not want to play for Texans or Seahawks. No trade clauses dont matter once you let it be known where you want to play. Went did not have a no trade clause and he ended up with Colts, one of two places he would play.

Guys like Armando and Barry are leading the charge against Tua and misleading the more superficial fans and National media types who don’t really understand what’s happening.
Maybe they are working for Grier to help with the smoke (jokingly, but maybe an once of misdirection).

Personally, I believe Tua doesn't need outside negative press to motivate him. He has put his head down and gotten to work. If our FO has communicated with him then all the rest is conjecture and smoke. Smoke to give our FO the upper hand come draft time.

Back
Top Bottom