Jets Williams on Tua: "he’ll be an amazing quarterback" | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jets Williams on Tua: "he’ll be an amazing quarterback"

We don't know if his opinion was biased or not. It could have been.

Find me were his statements about TUA were false and then we have something to talk about! Otherwise I have to assume if his statements weren't false and he has a good general background in football, the only reasonable assumption left is that his statement are true, i.e. accurate.

His being a friend of Tua no more defines his statements about Tua as being biased then most "talking heads" statements are, at the very least, untrustworthy.
Bias does not automatically mean a statement is false.

William's bias can be against the people that would suggest Tua is not or will not be a good NFL QB or his bias could be for his friend that he is sticking up for. I am not making a judgement on which is the case, time will make that determination.

That's why I said this: "The fact Williams knows Tua personally compromises his opinions" This is a statement of fact and it has absolutely nothing to do with what Williams actually said.

I hope that makes sense...

Tua is going to be a fine qb. I don't need to read Chris Simms or Quinnen Williams' opinion on the subject.

He had a solid rookie campaign and made plays with subpar offensive weapons and beat the "unbeatable" team for a rookie qb because he scores twice on the ground. The same team the media's new love got beat 45-0.

When everything falls back to the mean of what a player is capable of Tua will outshine more than most, hes been elite since peewee.
Funny i responded to another post about chargers beatdown vs the pats, imagine somehow herbert was pulled from that game. He wouldnt be high on a pedestal. Things just worked out for him as everyone forgot how bad shut out of a game he had... Oh but everyone remembers Tua getting benched. And hes a bust

9 freakin games you too are better than this
11 TD's in 9 games. That's slightly better than 1 per game. If you want to call it 8 games and give him a freebee for the bit part appearance, that's fair, so 11 in 8? Want to then round it up to 1.5? The bottom line is clear, Tua had a poor rookie season and spinning it any other way isn't really fair. He was a rookie. Those are often bad seasons. But have 2 more and you're Josh Rosen. And for Josh Rosen, it only took 2 not 3. The NFL is a harsh judge. Tua needs to come back out of this offseason significantly better ... and I think he will.

Had Tua produced like Justin Herbert we wouldn't have all these reports about the Dolphins brass recruiting Deshaun Watson. The NFL is a cruel mistress, and it doesn't reward second-best. Tua must improve.

11 TD's in 9 games. That's slightly better than 1 per game. If you want to call it 8 games and give him a freebee for the bit part appearance, that's fair, so 11 in 8? Want to then round it up to 1.5? The bottom line is clear, Tua had a poor rookie season and spinning it any other way isn't really fair. He was a rookie. Those are often bad seasons. But have 2 more and you're Josh Rosen. And for Josh Rosen, it only took 2 not 3. The NFL is a harsh judge. Tua needs to come back out of this offseason significantly better ... and I think he will.

Had Tua produced like Justin Herbert we wouldn't have all these reports about the Dolphins brass recruiting Deshaun Watson. The NFL is a cruel mistress, and it doesn't reward second-best. Tua must improve.
9 games and a former player came to his defence - big whoopee

Herbert had some very bad games should we break it all down?

The Dolphins beat reporters were also in on Tom Brady - I mean you eat up this bait click stuff now too??

9 games and a former player came to his defence - big whoopee

Herbert had some very bad games should we break it all down?

The Dolphins beat reporters were also in on Tom Brady - I mean you eat up this bait click stuff now too??
Hey, we both want the same thing. Tua to become great. I may be mistaken, but I believe we both share the same opinion ... he's nowhere near great yet. Who knows, maybe you think his rookie season was better than Dan Marino's ... I've actually heard that one, strange as it may sound. But if I'm right, we both think Tua's rookie season only offered a glimpse of who he can become.

Cheers mate.

It’s funny that you bring up Rosen as a comparison but then call Tua’s rookie season “poor.” Do you actually think the two rookie seasons are comparable??? Here take an objective look:

Rosen:
55.2%
2278 yards
12/14 TD/INT
5.8 ypa
66.7 rating

Tua
64.1%
1841 yards
11/5 TD/INT
6.3 ypa
87.1 rating

So you honestly think those to season should be uttered in the same breath???

The reality of it is that if you compare Tua’s rookie season to a veteran qb then yes you might be able to label it as pedestrian or perhaps even poor. However if you compare apples to apples and line it up against other rookie QBs then it looks a lot more encouraging.

Tua came in with a lot of fanfare so naturally he’s going to be held to a different standard by some. They’ll beat their chests and pull a deltoid patting themselves on the back for being “right” while the rest of us see the rookie season more accurately. We also know the work ethic, dedication, and sheer desire Tua has presented his whole life and are excited to see the highly probable big step he takes in year 2.

It’s funny that you bring up Rosen as a comparison but then call Tua’s rookie season “poor.” Do you actually think the two rookie seasons are comparable??? Here take an objective look:

Rosen:
55.2%
2278 yards
12/14 TD/INT
5.8 ypa
66.7 rating

Tua
64.1%
1841 yards
11/5 TD/INT
6.3 ypa
87.1 rating

So you honestly think those to season should be uttered in the same breath???

The reality of it is that if you compare Tua’s rookie season to a veteran qb then yes you might be able to label it as pedestrian or perhaps even poor. However if you compare apples to apples and line it up against other rookie QBs then it looks a lot more encouraging.

Tua came in with a lot of fanfare so naturally he’s going to be held to a different standard by some. They’ll beat their chests and pull a deltoid patting themselves on the back for being “right” while the rest of us see the rookie season more accurately. We also know the work ethic, dedication, and sheer desire Tua has presented his whole life and are excited to see the highly probable big step he takes in year 2.
I do think both were poor. I never said they were equal. How about you compare Tua's rookie season to his fellow rookies? How about you compare his defense to those of the other rookies? How about you compare Tua's rookie season to other top 10 QB's from the past 3 or 4 years. No matter how you break it down, our team won because of defense, not offense. Tua's rookie season was not good enough. The QB needs to elevate his teammmates, and Tua did not. The Dolphins OL, long a horrible OL, was average. Our OL was significantly better than that of Cincinnati and Los Angeles, yet both rookie QB's showed the ability to rise above that and score points. Tua consistently played it safe and had to be bailed out on multiple occasions, so he was spared from taking his lumps except for the final Buffalo game, where he was forced to win a game and failed.

No matter how you analyze it, Tua's 2020 performance was not good enough to hold onto the starting QB job for the next decade. When you draft a QB that high, you not only expect a 10+ year starter, you expect a star. For Tua to reach that level, he must improve. Period.

Show us these reports......not Watson camp fantasies but actual reports from Dolphin FO interest in Watson.

Show us these reports......not Watson camp fantasies but actual reports from Dolphin FO interest in Watson.
Here are some quick videos I found on the topic. Not hard to find.

Forward to 5:48

Here's another one

And here's a third more local one

We can't confirm that Grier is calling Casserio and making offers ... but let's not mistake the fact that there is smoke here. Fire ... we'll see, but something is causing the smoke, and at the very least Watson is doing his due diligence on the Dolphins and some Dolphins players want him in Miami at the very least.

Here are some quick videos I found on the topic. Not hard to find.

Forward to 5:48

Here's another one

And here's a third more local one

We can't confirm that Grier is calling Casserio and making offers ... but let's not mistake the fact that there is smoke here. Fire ... we'll see, but something is causing the smoke, and at the very least Watson is doing his due diligence on the Dolphins and some Dolphins players want him in Miami at the very least.

So pure speculation. Nothing from Dolphin brass on recruiting Watson.

I know a lot of you hope it's true but I've seen nothing from the Dolphins FO or brass indicating interest like you stated.

Everyone is interpreting and/or parsing Williams' statement, so let me jump into this clusterfork too.

IMO, Williams could have gone the PC route when pressed by saying something like "I'm confident that Tua will be successful." Predicting he will be "awesome" which is a very polarizing adjective is going saying what's right to what he believes! Also, yes he was a teammate, but as a defensive player who saw him in practice, is someone like Simms sitting in his lazyboy really more qualified than Williams who faced Tua every day to make such a judgment? I respectfully submit: hell no!

Back
Top Bottom