Jim Brown on Ricky Williams | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jim Brown on Ricky Williams

ATL-DOLFAN said:
If he does, hopefull its to get traded. Good or not, he quit on his team, fans, everyone and can't be trusted. He would be a great Raider. Him and Moss would solidify the disfunctional Raider family.
Oh be quiet!! Get a set, people, and move on and accept someone made a mistake...hurt your feelings...and life goes on forgiving. I swear, if you people treat a football player on a team you cheer for like this, I pray your wives/girlfriends don't break up with you because I'd fear their lives for them!

HelloMotto said:
i am really sick of you people suggesting that he would return to be traded. For you really dense people. Ricky is not going to return to be traded. Ricky will be playing for the Miami dophins this year. Ricky is not going to return to be traded. Ricky will be playing for the Miami dophins this year. Ricky is not going to return to be traded. Ricky will be playing for the Miami dophins this year. Ricky is not going to return to be traded. Ricky will be playing for the Miami dophins this year. Can you hear me............................:yell:

Dude, chill out. Its an opinion message board. I simply told you my opinion. That HOPEFULLY get it HOPEFULLY he will be traded. Will he probably not because nobody else will trust him. HOPEFULLY, HOPEFULLY, HOPEFULLY,HOPEFULLY. I can write things over and over again as well, I guess you don't have to be overly dense to retype the same crap over and over again.

Schleprock said:
Oh be quiet!! Get a set, people, and move on and accept someone made a mistake...hurt your feelings...and life goes on forgiving. I swear, if you people treat a football player on a team you cheer for like this, I pray your wives/girlfriends don't break up with you because I'd fear their lives for them!

My wife is a little different than Ricky Williams, great comparison? and to fear for there lives?? That may be just a little stretch?? He did not hurt my feelings, personally I could care less about him. I am just saying that he let a lot of people down when they counted on him, and that may or may not deserve a second chance, thats up for each person to decide. So you be quiet, and move on, how about grow up as well?

HelloMotto said:
i am really sick of you people suggesting that he would return to be traded. For you really dense people. Ricky is not going to return to be traded. Ricky will be playing for the Miami dophins this year. Ricky is not going to return to be traded. Ricky will be playing for the Miami dophins this year. Ricky is not going to return to be traded. Ricky will be playing for the Miami dophins this year. Ricky is not going to return to be traded. Ricky will be playing for the Miami dophins this year. Can you hear me............................:yell:

And we are sick of your banter too. Let's see what was it, oh yeah, the dolphins will without a doubt draft Maurice Clarett. How long did you argue that one? WHat possible iota of information makes you believe that Saban wouldn't try to trade Ricky? Maybe no one will take the bum, and he'll play for us, but Saban runs the organization like a busienss. Ricky has much more value being traded for a 2nd/3rd round pick than playing one more year and dropping out again. wake up motto.:shakeno:

Pre draft: I wanted Ricky to come back (although i know it could not be made public because of a pending 1 yr suspension) if he and Saban had a secret agreement about a come back that would have been cool. Post draft: we now have Ronnie "The Truth" Brown..(Message to AFCE opponents :"you can't handle the truth!!!") and if RW comes back I will feel like we wasted a draft pick on a Running Back because no way we need both of them and KJ...but I trust Nick to do what is best for the team.

Ohio Fanatic said:
And we are sick of your banter too. Let's see what was it, oh yeah, the dolphins will without a doubt draft Maurice Clarett. How long did you argue that one? WHat possible iota of information makes you believe that Saban wouldn't try to trade Ricky? Maybe no one will take the bum, and he'll play for us, but Saban runs the organization like a busienss. Ricky has much more value being traded for a 2nd/3rd round pick than playing one more year and dropping out again. wake up motto.:shakeno:

Well professor :cool: if denver would not have picked him in the third round i could see us picking him up late. (we had scouts at this workout along with denver). Why would you trade the best 1 - 2 punch in the nfl with ricky and ronnie. For you disolutioned fans of ronnie. He is not going to be a power back for us. He will be doing a little of everything. He is perfect for screens, draws, wideout, sweeps and some power running. Between ronnie and ricky you will see some excellent offense. It would be foolish to trade him now. If you think he would be coming back to be traded by saban than you are foolish also. Wait, watch and learn. :tongue:

abNORMal said:
Pre draft: I wanted Ricky to come back (although i know it could not be made public because of a pending 1 yr suspension) if he and Saban had a secret agreement about a come back that would have been cool. Post draft: we now have Ronnie "The Truth" Brown..(Message to AFCE opponents :"you can't handle the truth!!!") and if RW comes back I will feel like we wasted a draft pick on a Running Back because no way we need both of them and KJ...but I trust Nick to do what is best for the team.

ronnie will not be a wasted pick with ricky coming back. With the new O coordinator we will use both of there talents. You are going to see some real offense this year. I'm really excited this year. :wink:

ATL-DOLFAN said:
Dude, chill out. Its an opinion message board. I simply told you my opinion. That HOPEFULLY get it HOPEFULLY he will be traded. Will he probably not because nobody else will trust him. HOPEFULLY, HOPEFULLY, HOPEFULLY,HOPEFULLY. I can write things over and over again as well, I guess you don't have to be overly dense to retype the same crap over and over again.

he offers no value to the team by being traded right now. It would be a very foolish move by saban. Saban is no fool so he will utilize the 1-2 punch of ronnie and ricky this year. Salary wise ricky will not cost us an arm and a leg. I'm sure there will be an incentive ladin contract re-worked that will be cap friendly for us. I think ricky will play hard for saban. Ricky has taken alot of heat for his childish act. I think his selfish butt will grow up after this and he will walk the straight and narrow for saban. Prepare for some good O people..... :eek:

rainmaker1313 said:

"His teammates will have to deal with him. There are teammates who deal with [Terrell Owens] and Randy Moss," Brown said.

"This is a day and age of individuals. If Ricky dedicates himself to the team, his teammates have to dedicate themselves to Ricky. We can all make choices but sometimes we have to pay the price."

This is a very profound statement. I would love to see Ricky back as well... If he does... He will have to pay the price. Teams win championships not individuals that is what Ricky must adhere to.

jguig said:
:confused: Since we're not going to trade Ricky, who will we get to play all of the other positions on the team. In your scenario we're clearly going to invest the lion's share of our salary cap money in our backfield. Who will we cut loose? Zack? JT? Chambers? We'll have to afford it somehow.

He will be easily affordable. He never cost us much on the cap anyway.

Besides when you owe 8.6 million I am sure a deal will be made out of Ricky not having to pay any of the 8.6 million if he abides and fulfills his new 3 year contract at a reduced rate.

I am also sure that there will be a trade clause. If he is traded and he retires within this 3 year span then he still owes the 8.6 million, if he fufills it, after that he can do what he wants.

Beggers can't be choosers. Right now he owes alot of money and there is atleast 1 team, the MIami Dolphins who are willing to emply him.

The way I see things is that RW's can only bring good things to this franchise at this point. No one is relying on him any longer. In fact most are prob thinking he'll fail another drug test so all of this will be moot any way. But if he can come back and give the Dolphins some positives as far as his running talent that will be GREAT. If he screws up, we all expected it so no harm no foul.

The only thing I would be concerned about with RW's return would be that he would take snaps away from Kay Jay. That guy just looks like a for real HB.

GRYPHONK said:
He will be easily affordable. He never cost us much on the cap anyway.

Besides when you owe 8.6 million I am sure a deal will be made out of Ricky not having to pay any of the 8.6 million if he abides and fulfills his new 3 year contract at a reduced rate.

I am also sure that there will be a trade clause. If he is traded and he retires within this 3 year span then he still owes the 8.6 million, if he fufills it, after that he can do what he wants.

Beggers can't be choosers. Right now he owes alot of money and there is atleast 1 team, the MIami Dolphins who are willing to emply him.

If Ricky comes back he is going to have a 100% incentive based contract. That's just the way it will be. The positive for him would be that he would no longer owe the Dolphins the millions of dollars any longer.

HelloMotto said:
he offers no value to the team by being traded right now. It would be a very foolish move by saban. Saban is no fool so he will utilize the 1-2 punch of ronnie and ricky this year. Salary wise ricky will not cost us an arm and a leg. I'm sure there will be an incentive ladin contract re-worked that will be cap friendly for us. I think ricky will play hard for saban. Ricky has taken alot of heat for his childish act. I think his selfish butt will grow up after this and he will walk the straight and narrow for saban. Prepare for some good O people..... :eek:

thank god your not our GM, maybe you should apply to be the Bills GM to help us out. Yes, the 1-2 punch would be quite formidable, but would it be enough to get us over the top, NO. If the talent around the RB corps is good enough to get us to the next level with Ricky and Ronnie, it will be eventually good enough with Ronnie + someone like KayJay.

People don't change. Ricky might come back and play for a year because he needs the money. But eventually he will relapse and screw up again. When he does, NO ONE will trade for him, and we will be out Ricky + no compensation. IF he comes back now and we can trade for him when he seems sincere, get a 2nd/3rd rounder for him, then Ideally Saban can get someone like this year's picks Roth/Crowder that can add significant contribution to the long term health of this franchise. If I was convinced Ricky would stay for the long term, you're "1-2 punch" would be attractive, but as a businessman: 1) it's too risky for this franchise and 2) it's too much money wrapped up in 2 people for the same position.:shakeno:

1, 2 punch?

Just food for thought, but if Ricky did come back it may turn our backfield into a better version of Pittsburg's. Out of a pro-form set, you could see motion from Brown to a slot receiver spot ("best hands in the draft"), screens to either player, bang it up the middle with either, or multiple counter (cutback) scenarios for Ricky (def. his specialty). Only thing to work on would be the blocking skills of both players, and McMichael, who would be utilized as a blocker more (which would help on the play action for him anyway). It would make them very "west coast" on offense, which is better when you don't have a star QB (and we definitely don't).
Ricky will be cheap this year, so that's not an issue. He needs to dig himself out of debt so MIA holds all the cards. Also, for those saying 'no way' to a tandem star backfield - the majority of RB's don't make it through the season anymore without some type of game-missing injury. Teams like Denver and Minnesota are stacked at RB for this reason.
Just my 2 cents.

Back
Top Bottom