Jim Brown on Ricky Williams | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Jim Brown on Ricky Williams

:) so because Jim Brown makes a statement, that prepares us for the fact that Ricky is coming back? The statement might as well of come from PFT. Give me a break. Just because saban says he can come back don't mean anything. Ricky is 30lbs lighter, out of football condition. Besides that, you want us to accept that the same fella who burned us once, is now in a position to burn us again? Along the lines of your analogy, if my girlfriend leaves me, I wouldn't harm her, but I certainly wouldn't put her back in position to leave me again. Forgiveness does not require us to be stupid. Have some backbone, boldness, and gumption. We are the Dolphins, the winningest team in the NFL. We don't need Ricky, and I'd rather lose without him, then win with him. Cause we will get back on our feet, and we'll do it in spite of him. And his 8.6 million will help.

plc001 said:
:) so because Jim Brown makes a statement, that prepares us for the fact that Ricky is coming back? The statement might as well of come from PFT. Give me a break. Just because saban says he can come back don't mean anything. Ricky is 30lbs lighter, out of football condition. Besides that, you want us to accept that the same fella who burned us once, is now in a position to burn us again? Along the lines of your analogy, if my girlfriend leaves me, I wouldn't harm her, but I certainly wouldn't put her back in position to leave me again. Forgiveness does not require us to be stupid. Have some backbone, boldness, and gumption. We are the Dolphins, the winningest team in the NFL. We don't need Ricky, and I'd rather lose without him, then win with him. Cause we will get back on our feet, and we'll do it in spite of him. And his 8.6 million will help.

dude your in a state of denial. Ricky is coming back. say it with me. R-I-C-K-Y I-S C-O-M-I-N-G B-A-C-K............R-I-C-K-Y I-S C-O-M-I-N-G B-A-C-K............R-I-C-K-Y I-S C-O-M-I-N-G B-A-C-K............ :tongue:

any chance in converting ricky williams into a strong saftey? he played defense in high school. hed be one of the hardest hitting strong safteys in the NFL not to mention 1 of the fastest. plus right now he only weighs 195(good weight for a saftey).... it wont happen but we need secondary help think hed be up to the challenge.. if he comes back

Scrap said:
I've never really liked Brown, but I have to give him props on one thing. His Amer-I-Can foundation sounds like a good idea.

As for Ricky:

I hate what he did to the team, but running over a few Jets, Bills, or Patriots defenders will somewhat shorten memory. I'd never trust him to stay for long though.

Wow...how can you not like the greatest runner in the NFL of all times ?? Have you ever seen film of him ?? He was the greatest period...that includes Emmitt, Barry, Walter, any of them...

ATL-DOLFAN said:
My wife is a little different than Ricky Williams, great comparison? and to fear for there lives?? That may be just a little stretch?? He did not hurt my feelings, personally I could care less about him. I am just saying that he let a lot of people down when they counted on him, and that may or may not deserve a second chance, thats up for each person to decide. So you be quiet, and move on, how about grow up as well?
Me grow up? I'm not the one crying about Ricky hurting my feelings, hoping for him to get sent to the Raiders so he can join another "dysfunctional family". I hate to say it, but the Raiders have accomplished more than we have in the last 25 years.

And my comparison was fantastic. If you and others are so hurt/burned/angry/depressed/betrayed about Ricky Williams quiting a football team you have zero ties to and affects your life in zero ways...I'd hate to see what your feelings would be like if someone in your actual life did something even remotely close to that!

HelloMotto said:
..... Why would you trade the best 1 - 2 punch in the nfl with ricky and ronnie....

Money

Ricky will count around 3mill against the cap if he returns. While that isnt a lot in NFL terms, it is a lot when we already have a featured RB in Ronnie Brown. Any draft pick we could get for Ricky would be far more valuable than whatever production he could provide over and above what Ronnie could give us. Especially considering that there is a good chance that Ricky wouldnt finish the year anyway, be it by his own choice or by a failed drug test.
But, chances are that nobody would trade for Ricky due to his unreliability so we may be stuck with him anyway, at least until next year when he might have some trade value...perhaps a mid round pick.

No way Ricky comes back to the NFL and is the back he was. A year off from football and laying around smoking weed everyday will see to that. (After his second year maybe, but that is a huge maybe.) IMO Ricky Williams value will never be greater than it will be this August.

Saban will have problems trusting him seeing as the only reason he might play football again is because Miami is forcing him to do so with the 5 Mil Judgement. And as an Employer you don't force an employee back to work and then give him the keys to the safe.

I can see Ricky back in a Uni in August, but the only way he's still a dolphin at the start of the season is because no one in the NFL is willing to trust him either and so saban can't work out a deal of any value.

ATL-DOLFAN said:
If he does, hopefull its to get traded. Good or not, he quit on his team, fans, everyone and can't be trusted. He would be a great Raider. Him and Moss would solidify the disfunctional Raider family.

:shakeno: :shakeno:

BRING BACK RICKY!!!!!!!! AND STOP ALL THIS CRYING:cry: ABOUT HE QUIT. RICKY AND RONNIE :D

death7star said:
ricky is a great player. him and ronnie in the backfield would be amazing and no team woudl be able to stop them. and plus we would win a lot of games WHICH IS MOST IMPORTANT.

as much as i hate to agree with ricky coming back, if he comes back and we win alot of games because of contribution then thats all that matters to me. i mean the guys is human

I predict Ricky as soon as he is re-instated shall be traded to GUESS Who?

The Cleveland Browns for next years second round draft choice and SABAN is brilliant and know the Browns via Jim Brown is taking part in this bring Ricky back campaign because the Browns would love to have Ricky start for them next year (Droughns is holding out).

Everybody will be happy and Ricky will look good in a Browns uniform.

Back
Top Bottom