****Joe Burrow Super Thread**** | Page 23 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Joe Burrow Super Thread****

Would you have traded Tunsil , Fitzpatrick the safety and our 5 OAP for Burrows ?
That would be the equivalent to all 3 first round picks we currently have.
Good way of looking at it. I think we can slide in X Howard in replacement of one of those picks IF we wanted to. I know that's another hole to fill but he's pricey.

Burrow was at LSU for less than 2 years and yet he earned his Masters degree in the time he was there. You don’t earn a Masters by taking only 1 course and by spending all your time studying football film.

You obviously have no idea want it takes to earn a Masters degree from a major university, because if you did you wouldn’t be spreading lies concerning Burrow nay taking 1 class at LSU.

The reality is that NFL quarterbacks have a lot more time to prepare for games each week because they are playing football for a living and they no longer have to attend classes during the week to remain eligible to play.

Well while I may have misspoken about the number of courses he took it is documented he had a much lighter workload than most every other student athlete giving him more prep time when compared to the other players. And ease up on personal attacks hoss, might make you feel good but it is ridiculous and makes you look petty. BTW I do have a Masters degree from a major university I will give you 2 guesses from where HAHA.

Yes he will have more prep time in the NFL but coaching staffs have a half of dozen coaches who spend 100+ hours a week to get ready to play you. That's is a deficit for any QB and very few are able to overcome it with any sort of consistency. Hell I even wished him luck and hope he overcomes the Bengals, I dont have an axe to grind against the kid. I do not see him as an elite level NFL guy at his ceiling where I see others as such, he has the highest floor but you dont win multiple super bowls with high floor guys. Need a guy who blows the ceiling off. And it is my OPINION that the guy who has the best chance of that even with the injury risk is Tua.

And if Miami by some happenstance ends up with Burrow I will root him on just as hard as any other player. Having been a scout, albeit in a different sport, I have no issue admitting my evaluations are wrong once the player has developed.

First of all he was not a one year wonder. He was a very good QB in 2018 who improved as the year went along and led his team to a winning season. He just happened to have the best season in college history as a QB in 2019 and somehow that makes him a One year wonder I guess.

As far as his arm is concerned. I watched him play several times this year and I didn’t see any pass he couldn’t make. I remember before they came into the league, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, and Tom Brady were suppose to have questionable arm strength and many questioned if they would make it in the NFL. Also none of those future HOF QB’s ever had a college season as great as Burrow just had.

While I liked Tua prior to his numerous injuries, I just don’t see him holding up physically in the NFL. I also think Burrow is the best QB in the draft and if the goal of the Dolphins going into the 2019 season was to lose so they could get their QB of the future. They should do whatever they need to do to try and move up to draft Burrow, IMO.
No one was talking about Joe Burrow in the first round after 2018 bud. Also, I said he had a weakish NFL arm, meaning he has an NFL arm but barely. Annnnnnd, I said I'd draft him number one overall, I just wouldnt trade all three picks for him. What more do you want?? lol

No. This team needs more than a QB to be successful for more than a small spurt.

They have no offensive line, need a handful of edge/interior DL pieces, linebackers can be improved upon along with secondary.

I feel confident if Tua fell to 5 he would be just as good. Hell, I'm still somewhat high on Herbert, granted they don't throw him into the fire early with a terrible offensive line.

The part that is being left out is that, assuming we trade up for a QB, we will still have Houston's 2021, first and second round picks.

You all think Mahomes is elite? 2 interceptions, mostly short passes, crumbled a bit under pressure. Hes good, not elite.

No one was talking about Joe Burrow in the first round after 2018 bud. Also, I said he had a weakish NFL arm, meaning he has an NFL arm but barely. Annnnnnd, I said I'd draft him number one overall, I just wouldnt trade all three picks for him. What more do you want?? lol
He wants you to say Burrow has the legs of Lamar Jackson and the arm of Mahomes but he is white so he should be the de facto leader of the Offence

P.S. Slim, if you care to answer I'm curious what you think of Flores. Or to put it another way, if you owned the team and decided to part ways with Grier, would you tell potential GM prospects "Flores stays as head coach".

I already knew Flores could coach. I tried to get that point across when he accepted the job. Entirely different level of detail from a fraud like Adam Gase and his staff of GA's.

However, that's a complicated question that doesn't really have an answer. I wouldn't tell potential GM prospects that Flores stays and that's the end of the discussion. First, I want to hear what their vision and philosophy is. What type of coaches he would hire if Flores wasn't retained.

In other words, we're going to have to talk about who the other potential head coaching candidates are. My end goal isn't to replace my coach - it's to replace my GM. But nothing is an automatic disqualifier from having a conversation.

But this is not how Ross operates. Him and I are different. I have very little patience for bull****.

Heck Yes. I would trade our 3 first rounders and a 2nd rounder for Joe Burrow. Once in a lifetime time Quarterbacks only come around once in a lifetime.

How does Burrow go from a no one to a once in a lifetime QB in one year? Tua is without a doubt the better prospect.

How does Burrow go from a no one to a once in a lifetime QB in one year? Tua is without a doubt the better prospect.
A number of variables but put them all aside put all the numbers behind and put the player behind Cinci Wash or Miami?

Take the player and put him in a fresh start with an NFL Offence and against D coordinators - how does he project?? That is what matters lots of college QBs have Gaudy stats until the game gets Reved right up and believe it - he doesn’t have quick twitch just nimble feet at 220 - so did Thill

A number of variables but put them all aside put all the numbers behind and put the player behind Cinci Wash or Miami?

Take the player and put him in a fresh start with an NFL Offence and against D coordinators - how does he project?? That is what matters lots of college QBs have Gaudy stats until the game gets Reved right up and believe it - he doesn’t have quick twitch just nimble feet at 220 - so did Thill

Tua has a better arm, accuracy, footwork, and athleticism. Only knock is the medical, without that Tua is easily the #1 pick.

Back
Top Bottom