****Joe Burrow Super Thread**** | Page 22 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Joe Burrow Super Thread****

Perhaps you need to look up his stats in 2018 and you would see how foolish it is to state that he only had one year of production in college. He was a very good QB in 2018 who just happened to develop in a great college QB in 2019 when LSU decided to open up the offense under his leadership.
Ok, dudeski. He was definitely the same both years.

Burrow did not play badly in 2018. He merely was in a different offense and he played well in that offense and improved as the year went along.

While Brady certainly bought a more innovative offense to LSU in 2019, he wasn’t the person throwing the passes or making the plays which led to the team being undefeated. That was Burrow who was making those plays along with the rest of the players on offense and defense.

The truth is that Burrow was a very good starter in 2018 who developed into a great starter in 2019.I was always under the impression that the better players continue to improve each year as their skills develop. That is exactly what happened to Burrow. I tend to think that the Burrow haters are merely Tua lover who just don’t want to accept that Burrow is a better pro prospect than Tua.

Pretty sure you got that backwards.

Burrow was at LSU for less than 2 years and yet he earned his Masters degree in the time he was there. You don’t earn a Masters by taking only 1 course and by spending all your time studying football film.

You obviously have no idea want it takes to earn a Masters degree from a major university, because if you did you wouldn’t be spreading lies concerning Burrow nay taking 1 class at LSU.

The reality is that NFL quarterbacks have a lot more time to prepare for games each week because they are playing football for a living and they no longer have to attend classes during the week to remain eligible to play.

Joe Burrow didn’t attend classes at LSU. He took online classes where all his assignments were due in the same day.

He spent the majority of his time studying film and preparing with Joe Brady while other students were attending class and limited to practicing 20 hours per week.

He spent the majority of his time studying film and preparing with Joe Brady while other students were attending class and limited to practicing 20 hours per week.
Im still trying to wrap my mind around if thats a negative or a positive. I mean I get the part about how it might have been an advantage over his competition, but it also showcases how the guy can take film study and directly apply it in games, not all film rats can do this imo.

Either way, I would be much more comfortable attributing that kind of production spike on play calling alone than just a guy becoming 30% better at playing QB over a 1 year span...

"The question for the Dolphins remains whether they feel it's better to keep #18 and #26 while taking Tua at #5."

So, Tua at 5 IS a possibility? Where do I sign? What deity do I pray to? Who's bleep do I have to bleep?

There really couldn't be a better scenario. We draft a #1 QB which will have to sit for a year to further heal while further learning giving us more time to build a, at the very least, solid oline and we keep all of our picks. Oh, and we satisfy all of you Jonestown loonies out there in Tu Tu Land.

Trading 3 first rounders for an unknow commodity makes me sick to my stomach. But the price should go down, right? Do any of those other teams have another first round pick this year to bargain with?

"The question for the Dolphins remains whether they feel it's better to keep #18 and #26 while taking Tua at #5."

So, Tua at 5 IS a possibility? Where do I sign? What deity do I pray to? Who's bleep do I have to bleep?

There really couldn't be a better scenario. We draft a #1 QB which will have to sit for a year to further heal while further learning giving us more time to build a, at the very least, solid oline and we keep all of our picks. Oh, and we satisfy all of you Jonestown loonies out there in Tu Tu Land.

Trading 3 first rounders for an unknow commodity makes me sick to my stomach. But the price should go down, right? Do any of those other teams have another first round pick this year to bargain with?
I agree with you trading multiple pics. Is insane For unknown quarterback that had one good season. I say we stay still and draft tua at 5

I tend to think that the Burrow haters are merely Tua lover who just don’t want to accept that Burrow is a better pro prospect than Tua.

That's confirmation bias for you. Grasping at reasons why some folks don't share your opinion.

I also wonder why you have expectations of someone 'accepting' an opinion that in no way is factual? It's a subjective opinion. Nothing more.

And, again, while nothing about the two players potential or future success is factual at this point, most every reputable draft pundit had Tua as the #1 QB prospect prior to his injury.

There are some, unlike you, that aren't overwhelmed or fooled by a one-year wonder that didn't accomplish much the other 4 years he was a collegiate athlete. Excuses and reasons can be cited why he didn't succeed the other 4 years, but the truth is inescapable. He didn't succeed.

Perhaps none of that will matter and he'll become a great pro QB. But when placing odds on things, a QB that was above average or elite for 2 seasons plus a National title game his freshman year is usually a safer bet than a QB that only flashed it for 1 season.

Pretty sure you got that backwards.

I surely believe that to be true.

Makes me sick too. Hope they just have patience and sit tight at 5.

I agree with you trading multiple pics. Is insane For unknown quarterback that had one good season. I say we stay still and draft tua at 5

Or just take an elite level non-QB prospect at 5. Then look for a QB at #18. Or by trading much less to trade up a little higher. Or by using #26 or even a 2nd round pick.

Or just wait until 2021 when Justin Fields should be available behind Lawrence and trade up for him.

Or just draft an elite level non-QB prospect if Tua isn't available or if they don't like his medical report. Then use #18 for a QB or to trade up a few spots for a cheaper price. Or use #26 or even a 2nd rounder on a QB.

Or just wait until 2021 when Justin Fields should be available behind Lawrence.

There are many, many options.

First of all he was not a one year wonder. He was a very good QB in 2018

He most certainly was. And is. Talk about spin job.

Do you not see the difference between his performance this season, with arguably the best WR's and offensive talent around, and his performance in 2018?

You call it "very good" which is very debatable, but even assuming for one moment that you aren't being hyperbolic -- his 2018 season was in no way stellar or magical.
He was passable. Nothing special. And he did nothing for 3 years before that.

Wasn't good enough to warrant a roster spot as a true freshman like some others in this same class were. Couldn't win the job as a RS Frosh or RS Soph. Pedestrian as a RS Junior.

He's the classic example and poster child of a one-year wonder. Doesn't mean he won't or can't succeed in the NFL. But the track record speaks for itself.

He didn't have John Elway or Andrew Luck's collegiate career.

If I am spending a first OA on a player I want big production maybe not year one but by year 2 certainly

While Burrow can run for first downs against College teams getting space to run will be super difficult he may be a comparable athlete to Aaron Rodgers but without the arm it really levels the playing field

Even at 6’4 220 lbs D coordinators will want him running for first downs - he did not show us the quick twitch who can avoid hits

I think you are dead wrong. Apparently Tua is the one who cant avoid the big hits.

Back
Top Bottom