****Joe Burrow Super Thread**** | Page 20 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Joe Burrow Super Thread****

no i would not give a franchise LT and All-Pro FS, plus a Top 5 pick for Burrow.

also, we got a 1st and 2nd in 2021 for Tunsil so it would be giving up 4 firsts and a second for him.
Tunsil wasn't great this year and Minkah disappeared after all the TOs stopped falling right into his lap. Those are not All-Pro caliber players imo.

That said, wouldn't trade them for Burrow though. The one year of production still bothers me.

I don't think many people are expecting burrow to put up video game numbers in the NFL. He wasn't bad his first year at LSU either. Aaron Rodgers had similar numbers his first season at cal. But you have to be impressed with Burrows intangibles, movement in and out of the pocket, his accuracy and decision making. It's not just because of his gaudy numbers. If youre giving credit to more Joe Brady and that system, then EVERY team should adopt that offense and Joe Brady should be a head coach. Burrow is one of the better pocket passer QB prospects that I have seen in awhile and he is also sneaky good athlete who can pick up first downs with his legs.

He wasn't bad his first year, but he wasn't Tua. Although a lot of the traits you described are why I believe he has a chance to be a top 15 or so caliber starting quarterback in the NFL. Not elite.

It's not the offense that changed with Brady - the offense was still Ensminger's offense. He was calling the plays. What changed was the system. The passing concepts and formations. I'd probably at least let Joe Brady call plays first before I hired him as a head coach.

He wasn't bad his first year, but he wasn't Tua. Although a lot of the traits you described are why I believe he has a chance to be a top 15 or so caliber starting quarterback in the NFL. Not elite.

It's not the offense that changed with Brady - the offense was still Ensminger's offense. He was calling the plays. What changed was the system. The passing concepts and formations. I'd probably at least let Joe Brady call plays first before I hired him as a head coach.

I think Burrow can be Elite with the right organization. I know you love your strong armed QBs but over the last several years some of the elite QB's didnt have the strongest arms, Brady, Brees, R. Wilson, Peyton Manning. And Burrow has similar traits to those guys.

you can look at the the Joe Brady system two ways. I see it as system that highlighted Burrows strengths that we didnt get see much his first year at LSU. Hence why no one was talking about Burrow this time last year. We just didnt know because of the old school system on offense. The tools and traits were there, he just didn't get the opportunity to show it off. Its also impressive that Burrow absolutely mastered that system in one off season. Burrow is a special prospect and I think Tua is as well but his durability is my main concern, and if you wanted to nitpick; Burrow has the height advantage.

It's OK if you prefer Tua over Burrow, even preferring Herbert, Love, or Fromm over Burrow is your opinion, and fine...You could be right, but saying Burrow could be more smoke and mirrors, closer to the QB he used to be, rather then who he showed the world to be this year is doubtful.

The light just went on with the right coach, and/or program. Nobody knew much, or expected much from Brady, Warner, Brees, or Wilson to name a few.
You have to make ALL the throws in the NFL otherwise the D loads up and stops what you do well

If you really believe Burrow is going to move so nonchalant in the pocket like he did in college then by all means he is the guy

They say escapability is Joes great virtue along with leadership and completion percentage

Remember he is older than Lamar Jackson - he was in some respects a man playing with younger men this past year

LSU was real good like Bama really good

Next year Joe won’t have that advantage of being physically superior in stature and in the NFL if he can’t process quickly and make ALL the throws he might look a lot like a one read QB when it is all said and done

NFL D coordinators want the QB to tuck and run aborting the plays called - the D looks forward to getting licks on the QB even if the D loses some on broken plays - broken plays and creativity Only get QBs so far

I think Burrow can be Elite with the right organization. I know you love your strong armed QBs but over the last several years some of the elite QB's didnt have the strongest arms, Brady, Brees, R. Wilson, Peyton Manning. And Burrow has similar traits to those guys.

you can look at the the Joe Brady system two ways. I see it as system that highlighted Burrows strengths that we didnt get see much his first year at LSU. Hence why no one was talking about Burrow this time last year. We just didnt know because of the old school system on offense. The tools and traits were there, he just didn't get the opportunity to show it off. Its also impressive that Burrow absolutely mastered that system in one off season. Burrow is a special prospect and I think Tua is as well but his durability is my main concern, and if you wanted to nitpick; Burrow has the height advantage.

No, I've stated at least once that I don't believe Joe Burrow's arm is going to prevent him from experiencing success in the NFL. But the lack of velocity on certain throws does cause me not to see him as an elite prospect.

I see it more as a system that finally highlighted LSU's skill position talent that they've had there for years, but to a lesser degree highlighted Burrow's strengths. It's the same offense Alabama ran under Mike Locksley. The system and concepts are the same.

Great question. If your scouting department and front office thinks he a franchise quarterback then yes.

In some ways it seems like an awfully lot to give up for an unknown, but if he's a top 10 NFL quarterback you've just given your franchise a chance to compete.

But first, I'd offer three number 1's to KC for Mahomes! Lol.

I don't go out of my way to do anything to the Dolphins. They do it to themselves and make it fairly easy for me to get my point across.

Don't hate the playa' hate the game. Ain't that what you kids say nowdays or something. I may have butchered it. Kinda like a Dolphins draft.
We are one of the most winning franchises in NFL history. We have been quite average once again compared to the league over the last 20 years. You absolutely do go out of your way.

Last edited:
Great question. If your scouting department and front office thinks he a franchise quarterback then yes.

In some ways it seems like an awfully lot to give up for an unknown, but if he's a top 10 NFL quarterback you've just given your franchise a chance to compete.

But first, I'd offer three number 1's to KC for Mahomes! Lol.
I'd offer my next 8 1st rounders for Mahomes and KC would still laugh. People underestimate the real value of a great QB.

Wierd to me that folks think burrows pocket presence and feel won’t translate at the pro level.

real wierd. I could see him having more nfl concept issues or offense ones even than actual pocket presence ones.

I realize he’s a little older but the athletes in the sec are very comparable to the ones in the pros in terms of physicality and speed.

don’t see how it doesn’t translate.

most those average arm qbs who turned out Elite processed information pre to post snap at the elite level. I don’t necessarily think that’s joe burrow in the pre snap aspect but I do think hes damn good post snap in that system.

You want to see pocket presence watch the ole miss tape I think it was. Burrow is moved off the preferred spot repeatedly and he carves em up like a turkey with it.

Wierd to me that folks think burrows pocket presence and feel won’t translate at the pro level.

real wierd. I could see him having more nfl concept issues or offense ones even than actual pocket presence ones.

I realize he’s a little older but the athletes in the sec are very comparable to the ones in the pros in terms of physicality and speed.

don’t see how it doesn’t translate.

most those average arm qbs who turned out Elite processed information pre to post snap at the elite level. I don’t necessarily think that’s joe burrow in the pre snap aspect but I do think hes damn good post snap in that system.
But you don't go from undraftable to #1 overall pick in a single year and think that he just all of a sudden learned all those things on his 23rd birthday.

Why didn't his pocket presence and feel translate the year prior when he was a 16 TD 5 INT QB throwing for 20% lower efficiency?

Not saying that Burrow won't turn out to be great. I just think that the bust rate is higher in Burrow than it is in Tua without factoring in the medical stuff.

Tua has been great his whole life.

Back
Top Bottom