Joe Rose: Ricky will be coming back | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Joe Rose: Ricky will be coming back

KB21 said:
Source: Ricky has changed his mind and has decided to put all his effort into the Save the Penguins Foundation in Antarctica.

These people with their "sources close to" crack me up. Especially in this instance. Ricky Williams doesn't know what he wants to do from week to week, much less what he wants to do 6 months from now.

And what makes your crystal ball so clear....."Ricky Williams doesn't know what he wants to do from week to week, much less what he wants to do 6 months from now".............

FinSolari said:
Joe Rose from 790 the Ticket said this morning that sources close to Ricky have told him that Ricky wants and will be coming back to the Dolphins late this year.

Just like i said the other day. Ricky is coming back. He must have got his information from finheaven. :roflmao:

dominizzo said:
i dont thonk u like me u never ,ade my sig its like over a month:confused:

I made his that first day.. Ive been slowing down man, I have 50 PMs and countless requests on the page.. Its difficult to get to all of them.

I'd rather have Jimmy Sweeney -- at least he's probably loyal.

SkapePhin said:
Man, this will be interesting.

The thing about it, he wont come back to get traded.. He will come back to play for the Dolphins, THEN get traded when he has some value.

Although, it would be AWESOME if as a means of pennance Ricky finished his career in Miami while playing for the Vet Minimum, making our cap situation healthy with 2 stud RBs in the backfield.. That is asking too much though.

Love that Sig Pic!

SkapePhin said:
Man, this will be interesting.

The thing about it, he wont come back to get traded.. He will come back to play for the Dolphins, THEN get traded when he has some value.

Although, it would be AWESOME if as a means of pennance Ricky finished his career in Miami while playing for the Vet Minimum, making our cap situation healthy with 2 stud RBs in the backfield.. That is asking too much though.

Dont get your hopes up yet! we will have to wait a few games first to check out ronnie. if he doesnt work out we will always have ricky

thedayafter said:
And what makes your crystal ball so clear....."Ricky Williams doesn't know what he wants to do from week to week, much less what he wants to do 6 months from now".............

It's pretty easy. The guy is psychologically unstable. He's the type that will go with whatever whims him on that particular day.

He needs to either be heavily medicated or placed into a psych hospital, IMO.

I also heard Joe this morning. He said that Ricky is back in town, has met with Saban, and is eager to return to football.

Joe now believes that RW will suit and play for Miami this season.

SkapePhin said:
I made his that first day.. Ive been slowing down man, I have 50 PMs and countless requests on the page.. Its difficult to get to all of them.
I asked for one the first day you announced that you were gonna make them... i guess i'm just not cool enough

I knew for sure that Ricky was coming back when I found out he went to India. I like everyone else know that Ricky travelling to India and not training, yoga instead of training is a sure sign he is coming back. In fact I was meditating the other day and I knew then too that Ricky was coming back. The Harris selection was also a clear sign Ricky was coming back. Its just a matter of time. We should all go wait at the airport.

all they want ricky to do is come back and show that he can still be an above average running back so they can trade him for like a 5th rounder and another pick based on what he does the following year. if he runs for 1500 yards, we get a first rounder as well. but reguardless of what happens we have to try and salvage something from this guy. anything.

KB21 said:
Ricky Williams doesn't know what he wants to do from week to week, much less what he wants to do 6 months from now.

Right, and I don't know what value he would initially bring to us if he decided to come back. If we were to try to trade him, I would expect his trade value to be around a 5th round pick and I think that I'm being optimistic. No one is trying to trade for Alexander or Edge atm even though they can be had for second round picks. So why waste a high pick on someone who makes major decisions on whims, is way out of football shape, has a long suspension ahead of him and may not be able to successfully complete the league's substance abuse program. He also has a high chance of retiring right after he finishes his contract...and this is if he even decides to come back. I don't plan to hold my breath for that even though it makes sense to us...but Ricky is Ricky.

If we kept him, his outlook wouldn't be a whole lot better. He would take a roster spot on our team and there is no telling when he would be ready to play after he finishes his suspension too. IMO, he wouldn't handle the negativity that he would feel in the locker room, the press and especially with the fans unless he is constantly in therapy and taking his meds like he is supposed to. I can smell relapse around the corner if he stays with us which would get him suspended again. In both scenarios we lose. Some business person in Dolphin land is probably looking at this and thinking that it may be more valuable to the franchise to recover all they can from that 8.6 mil rather than accept him back with those scenarios above.

I say we put Ricky on the $1.00 a carry plan.

If he's lucky he can earn up to $30-35 a game. Maybe we could add extra incentives like if he scores a touchdown he gets an extra 50 cents or a bag of Dorito's or something. At that rate it will only take him aboutn 20,000 seasons to pay us back the $8.6 million he owes.

Welcome back Ricky!

Back
Top Bottom