Joe Rose: Ricky will be coming back | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Joe Rose: Ricky will be coming back

If he came back we would definitely have to play him to up his trade value, Saban has said that it's water under the bidge and he talked to the team's vets and they gave the ok. Although ricky is highly unstable and extremely disloyal, we will have THE best backup rb in the league for 1 year, talent like that doesn't decipate.

Ricky + Child support + anxiety meds + chip on shoulder - workhorse load = very good backup

dolfanatik said:
You have to admit, Ricky Williams, when in top form, is one of the best if not the best power running back in the NFL. A rare talent that can still help the Dolphins from obscurity and embarassment into respectability and honor of winning a Super Bowl.

He does have a psychological disorder and a drug problem that was just further increased by Wanny's debacle the last few years. But Ricky Williams's problems can be solved by proper medical, coaching, and personal guidance. It's not as if this person was some sort of criminal or major drug user. There are worse players with drug/steroid problems reinstated or drafted by the NFL.

Maybe this is the chance for Ricky Williams to redeem himself, to the NFL, to the public, to the Dolphins organization, and to the Dolphins fans.

Ricky's problems probably CAN be solved, but he wont allow them to be. Ricky was on medication and it appeared to be working. He made the choice to stop taking his meds and to self medicate with his favorite recreational drug. Then after quitting, he refused to acknowledge that he did anything wrong.
As for redemption.....wasnt that what everyone was saying when he left New Orleans for the Dolphins? Just how many shots at redemption does Ricky Williams get?

MikeO said:
Ricky might "COME BACK".

But he will NEVER play for the Dolphins again. Just trade bait.
Trade bait? Seattle and Indy couldn't even get a 2nd rounder for thier RB's. We would be lucky to get a 4th or 5th for ricky. Is that value? We gave up 2 first round picks for this guy. You might be that stupid but luckily our head coach is not!

JJT said:
Trade bait? Seattle and Indy couldn't even get a 2nd rounder for thier RB's. We would be lucky to get a 4th or 5th for ricky. Is that value? We gave up 2 first round picks for this guy. You might be that stupid but luckily our head coach is not!

a 4th or 5th is better than nothing but I see what you are saying. If Ricky were to come back he would see playing time this year, no doubt. If Ricky rides the bench all year he value will not go up, that's why you will see Williams spelling Brown for the Phins next year. (if Ricky were to come back, which is not probable , IMO)

KB21 said:
Source: Ricky has changed his mind and has decided to put all his effort into the Save the Penguins Foundation in Antarctica.

These people with their "sources close to" crack me up. Especially in this instance. Ricky Williams doesn't know what he wants to do from week to week, much less what he wants to do 6 months from now.

Amen.

Buffalo Sucks said:
Keep that jerk away from our football team.

Things are finally starting to improve from the mess HE created - do NOT bring this guy back.

Excuse me????? Wanny and Spielman created this mess, Ricky wasn't the coach, OC, or head of player personnel!!

Also, for those of you who think RW is going to be a backup if he shows the skills he previous had....you need to find another hobby to follow besides football.

Schleprock said:
Also, for those of you who think RW is going to be a backup if he shows the skills he previous had....you need to find another hobby to follow besides football.

Whats going to make him a backup is what he did off the field. I'll take a rookie (Brown) who has alot of character, has never had off-field problems, and doesnt have the mileage other RBs have over RW at this point.

Disgustipate said:
If Ricky comes back, I would be shocked if we traded him. Why would we? Edgerin James cant go for a 2. Shaun Alexander cant go for a 2. Travis Henry cant go for a 3.

The draft was a fantastic one for runningbacks. Nearly every team who wanted one was able to get one. Good ones, like Kay Jay Harris even because Undrafted Free Agents.

We wont get a damned thing for Ricky.

If he comes back, he wont have the ability to flake out again. No team will sign him to a contract that isnt completely incentives based, and full of weight, playing time, drug testing, etc. clauses.

He knows that if he comes back, he is going to have to play at full speed. When he first talked about his retirement, he said that if he went on and didnt play full out he would get hurt.

His weight isnt a huge issue. He is about 200 pounds now reportedly, down from his usual mid 220's. If he is in good physical shape condition, which all pictures and acticles seem to suggest, then I dont see any problem with him coming back before he is at his full weight.

As far as I know, he has done nothing to hurt his playing ability. Reputation, paycheck, fame, respect, etc? Sure. But if he can get back on the field, he is still a very talented runner, and a year off after the most carries in two seasons could be a good thing.

Who says we have to trade him for a draft pick. No one ever mentions that we would be able to get a player for him. I'm not sure who we'd be able to get for him, but we'd probably have a better chance swapping players than getting a high draft choice.

SkapePhin said:
Man, this will be interesting.

The thing about it, he wont come back to get traded.. He will come back to play for the Dolphins, THEN get traded when he has some value.

Although, it would be AWESOME if as a means of pennance Ricky finished his career in Miami while playing for the Vet Minimum, making our cap situation healthy with 2 stud RBs in the backfield.. That is asking too much though.

Hey Skape, can you make me a sig out of the pic of Matt Roth in my sig now? I tried to IM you but your full. Let me know if you can hook it up. Thanks, FTP.

infiltrateib said:
Hey Ricky, remember how to carry a football? Now can you do that like 25 times a game?

Ok, good. There's a fresh bin of footballs in that cart over there. Make sure you bring out a new one every fresh set of downs.

Hey, don't worry Ricky, Fitzgerald started out as a ball boy too. :)

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

watch when ricky is back and scoring touchdowns, all you trade bait people will say: KEEP HIM KEEP HIM KEEP HIM!!!

mfja9977 said:
I totally agree with you. Think of how useful he will be when he does not have to carry the ball 40 times a game. Also we will be able to protect the run with some sort of passing game unlike when Wanny was here calling run after run after run.

Also he would then become trade bait for the Raiders or some other sucker.

Ricky will not be a good runner on only 10 carries a game. He's the type of runner that gets better the more he runs. I think you lose the effectiveness of Ricky Williams when his carries dip under 20 a game.

Some of these Ricky threads drive me crazy. The thing that drives me most nuts is the fact that there are folks that think Ricky Williams has trade value. What do people actually think we can get for him???? A six pack of Schlitz and a Celeste Pizza???? What team in their right miond would give up anything for Williams when they could have possibly traded for Edge, Alexander or still trade for Henry. I absolutely hate what Ricky did to the Dolphins but would hate more to get a 7th round draft pick, or the type of player he would command, to watch him possibly get his head on straight and be better than anybody we have for the next 2 or 3 seasons. That would kill me more than watching him play for the Fins again. If he comes back, shows flashes of what he once was and appears to be mantally stable his trade value would be much better.

F150&Dolfan said:
Some of these Ricky threads drive me crazy. The thing that drives me most nuts is the fact that there are folks that think Ricky Williams has trade value. What do people actually think we can get for him???? A six pack of Schlitz and a Celeste Pizza???? What team in their right miond would give up anything for Williams when they could have possibly traded for Edge, Alexander or still trade for Henry. I absolutely hate what Ricky did to the Dolphins but would hate more to get a 7th round draft pick, or the type of player he would command, to watch him possibly get his head on straight and be better than anybody we have for the next 2 or 3 seasons. That would kill me more than watching him play for the Fins again. If he comes back, shows flashes of what he once was and appears to be mantally stable his trade value would be much better.

If you had legal ownership of Ricky's contract I would in fact trade to you a six pack of Schlitz and a Celeste Pizza for rights to Ricky Williams. Looks like I'd have a new flag football player for intermurals and a yoga instructor! We're gonna kick some butt! I know I'm excited!

Back
Top Bottom