Joe Rose: Ricky will be coming back | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Joe Rose: Ricky will be coming back

phillyphinphan said:
Yeah, Ricky at 85% of his former self is still better than any backup we could get our hands on. to be honest when he left, I understood his first set of "reasons" (close to 800 carries in two years is suicide) but hated the timing, when I found out his true motives I resented ricky the "person" for his immaturity. so part of it might be a wanny issue. but that is no excuse ricky's supposed to be a man, and if he did'nt like the way he was being used, he should have walked his a$$ into wanny's office and demanded that other players touch the ball more- he had that clout....

Ricky William's own words. I need the ball at least 25 times a game to get into my groove and wear my opponents down.

Add them carries up and you get 400 a year, but he said at least 25....

He quit because he was embarrassed that his third failed drug test was going to become public, and he would face suspension, and salary loss. He finally admitted it!

perezferia said:
The only reason I can think of as to why Saban wants Ricky back so badly is his intentention of playing him as a DE, thereby giving us 19 DE's on the 53 man roster.

:roflmao:

:nate: You mean the DE's that we picked up that can play DT and OLB

Oh, yeah.. those ones

All you ignorant Ricky haters are in for a huge surprise this summer, can't wait for the inevitable.

If Ricky comes back, its to play for the DOLPHINS. Trading him for a 7th rounder isnt value. Noone else wants to trade for Alexander or Edge, they wont trade for Ricky.

He will split carries with Brown until he DOES have value and ship him off for a 3rd rounder next year..

Ozzy said:
Ricky William's own words. I need the ball at least 25 times a game to get into my groove and wear my opponents down.

Add them carries up and you get 400 a year, but he said at least 25....

He quit because he was embarrassed that his third failed drug test was going to become public, and he would face suspension, and salary loss. He finally admitted it!

He also cited the number of carries and the oline as a reason as well, not my contradiction, but his. He has given Numerous reasons why he quit, And quite frankly, I don't care why, I care that he let HIS TEAMATES down.

phillyphinphan said:
He also cited the number of carries and the oline as a reason as well, not my contradiction, but his. He has given Numerous reasons why he quit, And quite frankly, I don't care why, I care that he let HIS TEAMATES down.

I never said that was your contradiction. I mearly pointed out that those were not reasons but lies, and excuses. Ricky is tricky, and he lied and excused himself to send the blame to anyone but himself.

I hate that he let down his teamates more than anything else. IMO the fans were let down too.......

signed

Fan

He has a nack for doing stupid things at the completely wrong time. He retired after the draft and right before training camp. Now as soon as he decides to come back its when we already picked up a RB with the number to pik in the draft.:shakeno:

MarksBrothers85 said:
When he says late this year, I wonder if he means that the Dolphins would hold a press conference on the first day of training camp announcing Ricky's return? If so, will he be forced sit out the first four games of the season?

Also, I don't think he would be traded, we'd probably draw up a two-year deal that is worth much less than his previous contract. Saban is trying make this team competitive and by adding Ricky to the fray, there will be an instant winner in South Florida.

I pray that he comes back!!

Great Signature!
:cool:

People had a hard time trusting Ricky before.
There is no way people, Dolphins especially, will trust him now.
Ricky is a plague.

Buffalo Sucks said:
Keep that jerk away from our football team.

Things are finally starting to improve from the mess HE created - do NOT bring this guy back.

:shakeno:

I for one will thank him upon his return... He did run Wanny and his cast of under achievers out of town.

Ozzy said:
Don't act so surprised. Ricky does not know who he is half the time.

The Rb ran so well, he ran himself out of town, and forgot that in less than a month the season was supposed to start.

Did you forget that part? I know I forgot all about his history setting season the second he left, because that great season the team still missed the playoffs.

I pray he comes back and they let the team beat the crap out of him

Ozzy, these last couple of posts on Ricky by you have been well said. They articulate better than I can, by far, the subject of Ricky and his behavior as seen by me. I can't get much past traitor before I get frustrated. I'll just treat him the same way I treated Thurmon Thomas. I'll stand at the fence at practice and yell things like "KNOCK HIM OUT" and talk to the "D' players close enough to the fence. Offer the fat guys candy bars to knock em out.

Oboy said:
From who? Buffalo could not get anything for Henry. Indy could not get anything for Edge. Seattle could not get anything for Alexander.

How can we get anything for a back that has been out of football for a year and is a big risk to jump ship again?
I dont really care who we trade him to. As long as we get picks and hes out of our hair.

Cobra said:
People had a hard time trusting Ricky before.
There is no way people, Dolphins especially, will trust him now.
Ricky is a plague.

We gotta take him back cause we could get a 1st rounder for him (maybe a LT in next years draft) now is not the time to hold a grudge, but do what's best for the Dolphins

Back
Top Bottom