Joe Rose: Ricky will be coming back | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Joe Rose: Ricky will be coming back

Now that we have Ronnie, I would welcome Ricky back. Why? Because it doesnt matter if he leaves again, we have another option in Brown and Gordon. Saban also wont force the players to play in a system, he will fit the system to the players. The bonus is if Ricky comes back motivated we have 2 great backs.

Whitedolphin54 said:
We gotta take him back cause we could get a 1st rounder for him (maybe a LT in next years draft) now is not the time to hold a grudge, but do what's best for the Dolphins

If you think any team would give a 1st round pick for Ricky with his history, you are going to be massively dissappointed.

anyone who does not want ricky back obviously has not given thought to what him and Brown could mean to us......Ricky was one of the best backs in the league.....if he can get back to football shape I will roll out the red carpet for him. Brown/Williams......that is a wet dream of a RB tandem....

Ricky is coming back for one reason and one reason only..that is to satisfy the arbitrator's ruling and not having to pay back the $8.6 mil. Simple as that...

I am not sure about his contract, whether the original contract will still be in effect or if he will renegotiate a new one. Hopefully it'll be a restructured one because I doubt Saban will pay him at the rate he was at prior to leaving.

He also has to strike a deal with the league to let him back. I am assuming, based on things we're reading, that the year out of football will count as his 1 year suspension and then he'll have to sit out the first four games. We'll know about that soon enough.

One other thing that he'll have to do is deal with his teammates. The pro teams are quite a fraternity. He broke a cardinal sin and left his teammates hanging a week prior to camp starting and the Fins FO out of most options. The rest of the year we all know about.

That being said, his real problem is going to be building back the muscle mass that he has lost and getting back into "playing shape". If he comes back in TC, he'll struggle with getting the rust off and back into hitting shape. It could work out good that he serves the 4 game suspension to continue to work his body into shape and heal from TC.

If all goes well....and he returns and is back in playing shape for the second half of the year, that would be the best case scenario for the Fins. It'll allow us to let Brown get his legs back in the second half of the year. Then, if RW is really back and has a decent end of the season, then possibly we'll get some kind of trade value for him. Either way, it would be unlikely to see him in a Fins uniform after this coming year.

yankeehillbilly said:
If you think any team would give a 1st round pick for Ricky with his history, you are going to be massively dissappointed.

If he comes back he will prove his worth and then we trade him---maybe

Whitedolphin54 said:

We may very well trade him, but not for a 1st round pick. Way too much baggage. No team is gonna sell the farm to get an RB that may quit on them or get suspended for drugs at any given time.
I suppose that risk is there with any player, but since Ricky HAS quit, and WILL be suspended, and has refused to accept any responsibility for either, the likelyhood that he will not be available to play is much, much greater than with any other player.

I'd rather see the Dolphins go 0-16 rather then take him back into the fold.
Stay retired Ricky. Jackass.

People just do not get it. IF you can have two franchise backs why would you say no to that, because of some BS bitterness. I blame ricky leaving on Dave and purely on dave, HE WAS GOING TO DESTROY HIS CAREER AND HIS HEALTH, anybody who has ever played football knows that you can not give the ball to a running back 370+ times/16 games, that is insane escpecially when the O-Line is horrible. To have two franchise backs so that each can get rests or too see those two in the backfield that would be sick. How nasty would our offense be if we have the following: Ricky, Ronnie, Chris, Randy, and Booker the defense will never now what to do. Nick will rejuvenate Rick and bring out the best in him, because Nick is a leader that Dave never was.

060693 said:
People just do not get it. IF you can have two franchise backs why would you say no to that, because of some BS bitterness. I blame ricky leaving on Dave and purely on dave, HE WAS GOING TO DESTROY HIS CAREER AND HIS HEALTH, anybody who has ever played football knows that you can not give the ball to a running back 370+ times/16 games, that is insane escpecially when the O-Line is horrible. To have two franchise backs so that each can get rests or too see those two in the backfield that would be sick. How nasty would our offense be if we have the following: Ricky, Ronnie, Chris, Randy, and Booker the defense will never now what to do. Nick will rejuvenate Rick and bring out the best in him, because Nick is a leader that Dave never was.

Ohhh well said!!!! I see Options for both Ricky and Ronnie in the backfeild at the same time. Isn't Brown the best hands coming outta the draft? Think about it. OFFENSIVE Respect! right there..

060693 said:
I blame ricky leaving on Dave and purely on dave

The only person to blame RW for his leaving is RW. Period. How many GD different excuses do you have to hear before you realize they were contradictory and he's a) a liar; b) crazy; c) some combination of a & b????

He wants to "find truth", he's being used too much, two weeks before camp, "this is MY team", he wants to go to Oakland and play for Norv (who "used him too much"). Jesus.
:yell:

Whitedolphin54 said:

A 4th is very optomistic after he proves himself.

Agua said:
The only person to blame RW for his leaving is RW. Period. How many GD different excuses do you have to hear before you realize they were contradictory and he's a) a liar; b) crazy; c) some combination of a & b????

He wants to "find truth", he's being used too much, two weeks before camp, "this is MY team", he wants to go to Oakland and play for Norv (who "used him too much"). Jesus.
:yell:

Huh.. Well let me tell you ma lil freind and i say that loosly because you are a brother Dolphin, but your pushin even that! I take offense at your statement!

My twenty yr old daughter suffer's from the same disiease (sp?).. And she is a better person then you and i put together!

Grow the **** up!
life isnt always a choice between a, b, or c, if it was i would make donald trump look like a moron.

Ricky is gonna have to work hard to get in shape & add that 20-25 pounds back on. We can platoon him for a year (well 12 games) with H2 & then ship him out next offseason for a 3rd or 4th.

Oboy said:
From who? Buffalo could not get anything for Henry. Indy could not get anything for Edge. Seattle could not get anything for Alexander.

How can we get anything for a back that has been out of football for a year and is a big risk to jump ship again?

I don't see how!!..If he comes back he's playing for us. He will back up Ronnie..Can you Imagine if we get Ricky and Boston back ? I would say Super Bowl or bust..

060693 said:

If.

A very small word to expect so much from. It isn't bitterness its obviously skepticism and its warranted. We all have no reason what so ever to trust that Ricky will be back. Neither does Saban that is why we have Harris.

Back
Top Bottom