Joe Rose: Ricky will be coming back | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Joe Rose: Ricky will be coming back

Ricky has more value to the team then he has to Draft Picks....

Bring back Ricky!!!!!!

Guess who's back, back again, Guess who's back, back again, guess who's back, guess who's back, guess who's back.....

clear.gif

KB21 said:
Source: Ricky has changed his mind and has decided to put all his effort into the Save the Penguins Foundation in Antarctica.

These people with their "sources close to" crack me up. Especially in this instance. Ricky Williams doesn't know what he wants to do from week to week, much less what he wants to do 6 months from now.

Isn't he out healing Holsteins? Oh wait... my bad, that was holistic medicine wasn't it?

This makes sense though...if Ricky comes back and plays, we will have TWO solid backs in Ricky and Ronnie, not to mention Sammy Morris, Brock Forsey, Travis Minor and Lamar Gordon.

I dont care about having a so called two solid back system. Quitters dont have any place on the roster. Unless your the Raiders.

Here is the dichotomy.Ricky is worth nothing until he plays and proves he can still play football.When he does that is when he proves he is of value to the Dolphins and he can be traded for something.

cnc66 said:
Ozzy, these last couple of posts on Ricky by you have been well said. They articulate better than I can, by far, the subject of Ricky and his behavior as seen by me. I can't get much past traitor before I get frustrated. I'll just treat him the same way I treated Thurmon Thomas. I'll stand at the fence at practice and yell things like "KNOCK HIM OUT" and talk to the "D' players close enough to the fence. Offer the fat guys candy bars to knock em out.

I hear ya.

There is one thing that Ricky can do that I would enjoy seeing, and that's get into a rehab program for himself, not in hopes of making a comeback to the NFL. He needs to deal with himself better, instead of running from every problem.

I don't care what anyone thinks about my harsh feelings for Ricky the football player though. To me, I'm pissed at him for helping make the Miami Dolphins a laughing stock of the league last year. I won't change my feelings either, not unless there is a public appology to his teamates and at the very least some kind of recognition that he let us the fans down............

060693 said:
People just do not get it. IF you can have two franchise backs why would you say no to that, because of some BS bitterness. I blame ricky leaving on Dave and purely on dave, HE WAS GOING TO DESTROY HIS CAREER AND HIS HEALTH, anybody who has ever played football knows that you can not give the ball to a running back 370+ times/16 games, that is insane escpecially when the O-Line is horrible. To have two franchise backs so that each can get rests or too see those two in the backfield that would be sick. How nasty would our offense be if we have the following: Ricky, Ronnie, Chris, Randy, and Booker the defense will never now what to do. Nick will rejuvenate Rick and bring out the best in him, because Nick is a leader that Dave never was.

Well apparently you missed all the times when Ricky Williams stated that HE NEEDS THE BALL AT LEAST 25 TIMES A GAME WHICH ADDS UP TO 400 A YEAR?

Maybe Ricky wanted to destoy his own career? :shakeno:

Ozzy said:
I hear ya.

There is one thing that Ricky can do that I would enjoy seeing, and that's get into a rehab program for himself, not in hopes of making a comeback to the NFL. He needs to deal with himself better, instead of running from every problem.

I don't care what anyone thinks about my harsh feelings for Ricky the football player though. To me, I'm pissed at him for helping make the Miami Dolphins a laughing stock of the league last year. I won't change my feelings either, not unless there is a public appology to his teamates and at the very least some kind of recognition that he let us the fans down............

by your own statement you can see how valuable ricky is to a team. That shows his immense talent. Ricky is the man. Ricky will be back and all you cry babies can wipe your noses and get back on the runrickyrun express. :tongue:

Ozzy said:
I hear ya.

You Ricky haters surely are holier than thou types. The guy has made some bad decisions, we all know that. Yeah, he's confused. So you are against him coming back to a place where he belongs, and possibly being accepted by his teammates and accepted by a coach who could lead him not only on the field, but off it as well. Thereby starting a process where RW can be a productive person again.

You don't care about what may be best for RW or your team, you just can't get over your hurt feelings. Lighten up.

060693 said:
People just do not get it. IF you can have two franchise backs why would you say no to that, because of some BS bitterness. I blame ricky leaving on Dave and purely on dave, HE WAS GOING TO DESTROY HIS CAREER AND HIS HEALTH, anybody who has ever played football knows that you can not give the ball to a running back 370+ times/16 games, that is insane escpecially when the O-Line is horrible. To have two franchise backs so that each can get rests or too see those two in the backfield that would be sick. How nasty would our offense be if we have the following: Ricky, Ronnie, Chris, Randy, and Booker the defense will never now what to do. Nick will rejuvenate Rick and bring out the best in him, because Nick is a leader that Dave never was.

I think that maybe you dont get it. Ricky had the option to come out of the game for a breather anytime he wanted. All he had to do was say the word. Ricky actually ASKED for more carries and ASKED to be left in on 3rd downs. Then, when he needed an excuse to avoid taking any responsibility, he made up this "workload" BS.
Now, if Ricky wants to return the Phins really dont have a choice unless they want to cut him outright. So, if and when he shows up clean (after July of course) and after he serves his suspension, he probably will suit up. But if Saban is smart he will have at least one viable backup for Brown other than Ricky because I sincerely doubt Ricky will finish the season before quitting or getting suspended.

You are slightly mistaken.

We all know that if you give the ball to a guy 25 times a game you better be pushing the defensive line back first and foremost. Furthermore, every ball player wants the ball on every down if they are a superstar that is what they do. The coach has to have enough common sense that you can not give the ball to a back 400 times in a year. You look at all the other backs in a 16 game season and I garuntee you that they did not carry the ball 400 times in a year first of all, and second of all they did not do it behind the POS line that we had.

HelloMotto said:
by your own statement you can see how valuable ricky is to a team. That shows his immense talent. Ricky is the man. Ricky will be back and all you cry babies can wipe your noses and get back on the runrickyrun express. :tongue:

How valuable was he? As I recall in his two seasons with Miami, the team failed to make the playoffs in both those valuable seasons!!

You will never see me on any players express. I'm a fan of the team, and I will never hold any player on a pedestal above it. Go ahead and ride his jock all you like. For me, I'll take team players like the Ronnie Browns, and the Caddy's any day.

phinman1 said:
You Ricky haters surely are holier than thou types. The guy has made some bad decisions, we all know that. Yeah, he's confused. So you are against him coming back to a place where he belongs, and possibly being accepted by his teammates and accepted by a coach who could lead him not only on the field, but off it as well. Thereby starting a process where RW can be a productive person again.

You don't care about what may be best for RW or your team, you just can't get over your hurt feelings. Lighten up.

Man, Ricky Williams don't even know where he belongs, so how could you?

My feelings are just fine, and you can save the holy crap comment. I clearly stated I want Ricky to get help with his illness, and his bad habits.

Until he proves he has straightened his LIFE UP, he does not deserve the riches of the NFL. Not by the way he made excuses, and lies to make himself look innocent of anything.

God, I wish Ricky would stop his attention-whoring of the media. He should just leave and never come back.

Am I bitter? You betcha.

He never deserves to wear the Dolphins uniform again. Trade him for a 3rd rounder in 2009 for all I care.

060693 said:
We all know that if you give the ball to a guy 25 times a game you better be pushing the defensive line back first and foremost. Furthermore, every ball player wants the ball on every down if they are a superstar that is what they do. The coach has to have enough common sense that you can not give the ball to a back 400 times in a year. You look at all the other backs in a 16 game season and I garuntee you that they did not carry the ball 400 times in a year first of all, and second of all they did not do it behind the POS line that we had.

You don't get it. Ricky said he does not GET GOING until around his 20th carry. So the coaches knew that the 3 yard runs early in a game would be much more in the 4th quarter. So yeah the coaches could have rested him more, but then you might not be holding Ricky to be so high and mighty.

Furthermore...

Did you know that it was Ricky's choice to stay in the game, or call for his backup for some rest?

Back
Top Bottom