Joe Schad: "cut Ryan Tannehill? Hah. Miami Dolphins Are Blessed To Have His Contract." | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Joe Schad: "cut Ryan Tannehill? Hah. Miami Dolphins Are Blessed To Have His Contract."

We'll just have to agree to disagree on the "complete and total objective view........." ... All he does is post and disappear and most of those are just him telling everyone how superior to everyone he really is(with no backing whatsoever) and how that gives him a good laugh... **** h....his posts and his second favorite team.

But that has nothing to do with you, I respect you as a poster and will respond when you quote me... Have a good one Bro!

This gave me a good laugh out loud. It is funny that a good laugh is included in all of his posts lately. In all seriousness I do like the different perspective (gambling) his posts provide and usually do read them but the phrase, "I always laugh...." is always there like there's a posting template he uses.

I'm pretty sure if we beat the vikings this week somebody will start a thread about the 2018 Dolphins been better than the 72 team

We just discussed this in chat, but quite frankly, the 2018 Miami Dolphins are clearly superior to the 1972 Miami Dolphins. If you lined those two teams up right now across from one another, the 2018 team would keep scoring until they decided to call the game.

I don't know how this is anything but entirely self-evident. I mean, jeez, some of those guys are dead. Most of them have artificial hips. Easy, easy call.

I know he bugs you guys, but I don’t understand why. I find it to be a breath of fresh air to get a complete and total objective view of the team from someone who has no horse in the race outside of knowing who to bet on to win money. That’s the most objective opinion on a team that you’re going to get.

He is his own horse in this race. He is so wrapped up in his initial assessment of Tannehill (none of it that was based on Tannehill) that he can't possibly back down now. He honestly believes that studying data on trends makes him correct on what is happening right in front of him.

He is standing in the rain claiming that he doesn't need an umbrella because Vegas' forecast calls for sunny skies. If the barstool types would just agree with him and his Vegas buddies, they'd carry umbrellas a lot less often and watch a lot less tape.

Things I learn on Finheaven: Within 6 posts Ryan Tannehill is described as elite, and a quarterback who could transform another team into the best team in the league.

Meanwhile the best way to forecast the future is to ignore today. Then once tomorrow arrives, ignore today again. It never fails to amaze me that people are so eager to change opinion based on short term recency.

When ESPN runs a weekly segment called, "Overreaction Monday," that might be a bit of a hint that they are mocking themselves, and acknowledging the faulty premise behind altering opinion sharply based on something that just happened.

Serious question: Did you actually read the article, or just assume it was something to the effect of "Tannehill is awesome, and let's never discuss the QB position ever again!"

The 1972 Miami Dolphins vs the 2018 Miami Dolphins - THE TALE OF THE TAPE

Average Age
1972 Miami Dolphins: 66 years old
2018 Miami Dolphins: 27 years old
Edge: 2018 Dolphins

Team Speed
1972 Miami Dolphins: a Rascal powered scooter typically travels about 8mph.
2018 Miami Dolphins: Jakeem Grant runs a 4.3 40 yard dash.

Toughness
1972 Miami Dolphins: Larry Csonka
2018 Miami Dolphins: Ryan Tannehill
Edge: You know I love Ryan Tannehill, but I'm taking Zonk all the way here.

Size and Strength
1972 Miami Dolphins: Probably get some nice sets in the gym for guys their age
2018 Miami Dolphins: I'm pretty sure Laremy Tunsil could deadlift your house into the sun.

Uniforms
1972 Miami Dolphins: Classic
2018 Miami Dolphins: Well it's better than the last revision
Edge: 1972 Dolphins

Coaching
1972 Miami Dolphins: Bill Arnsparger unfortunately passed away in 2015 and the Don is enjoying a well earned retirement
2018 Miami Dolphins: Adam Gase hasn't seen his family in three months
Edge: 2018 Dolphins. Yes, I know. Don't start with me.

And there you have it folks, the Tale of the Tape. If you lined up the 1972 Dolphins vs the 2018 Miami Dolphins right now, I feel very comfortable in saying that the strong edge would go to the 2018 Miami Dolphins.

there is an irony in the facts that Tannehill has been blessed by gadget plays and yet burdened with crappy personnel. crappy thanks to injuries for the most part. now if our reserve OL, reserve WR's and the TE's we have chosen can keep stepping up...

That's why he shouldn't get paid like...Alex Smith? David Carr? Kirk Cousins? Joe Flacco? I'm not entirely sure we're having the same conversation. That's the going rate for a DECENT QB at this point.[/QUOTE} these qb above. u are in same range as winning as thill17. 7 to 9 game a yr. i do like Smith.
we all know dolphins will pay thill17. they don't have anything in place to move on from thill17;
I am not gm but if i was i would have draft young qb last yr 2018.
you have 6 qb on rookie deal that will be in playoff this yr.

Last edited:
We'll just have to agree to disagree on the "complete and total objective view........." ... All he does is post and disappear and most of those are just him telling everyone how superior to everyone he really is(with no backing whatsoever) and how that gives him a good laugh... **** h....his posts and his second favorite team.

But that has nothing to do with you, I respect you as a poster and will respond when you quote me... Have a good one Bro!

Fair enough, brother.

The 1972 Miami Dolphins vs the 2018 Miami Dolphins - THE TALE OF THE TAPE

Average Age
1972 Miami Dolphins: 66 years old
2018 Miami Dolphins: 27 years old

Team Speed
1972 Miami Dolphins: a Rascal powered scooter typically travels about 8mph.
2018 Miami Dolphins: Jakeem Grant runs a 4.3 40 yard dash.

Toughness
1972 Miami Dolphins: Larry Csonka
2018 Miami Dolphins: Ryan Tannehill
Edge: You know I love Ryan Tannehill, but I'm taking Zonk all the way here.

Size and Strength
1972 Miami Dolphins: Probably get some nice sets in the gym for guys their age
2018 Miami Dolphins: I'm pretty sure Laremy Tunsil could deadlift your house into the sun.

Uniforms
1972 Miami Dolphins: Classic
2018 Miami Dolphins: Well it's better than the last revision
Edge: 1972 Dolphins

Coaching
1972 Miami Dolphins: Bill Arnsparger unfortunately passed away in 2015 and the Don is enjoying a well earned retirement
2018 Miami Dolphins: Adam Gase hasn't seen his family in three months
Edge: 2018 Dolphins. Yes, I know. Don't start with me.

And there you have it folks, the Tale of the Tape. If you lined up the 1972 Dolphins vs the 2018 Miami Dolphins right now, I feel very comfortable in saying that the strong edge would go to the 2018 Miami Dolphins.

I can't even get upset about the thread derailment. This is good work.

Hey OP, if you're gonna use statistics, please get them right. Your 57-71-2 stat isn't true and I know you know it.

FWIW I think Joe Schad is trending toward a correct bet.

Miami will take on Tannehill's $18.75 million salary in 2019.

But I think it will be one part of a Kansas City Chiefs scenario, like with Alex Smith and Patrick Mahomes. Mike Tannenbaum has been flying around the country searching for the next big thing and I think he's going to believe that between Kyler Murray, Justin Herbert, and Dwayne Haskins, there's enough talent in the pool to jump in. Both he and Steve Ross will angle for everyone to collectively decide on a trade-up target, and then to go up and get that target.

I think the chalk favorite for everyone to like and agree on is Kyler Murray, personally. But if the NFL agrees, he may be out of reach.

I know he bugs you guys, but I don’t understand why. I find it to be a breath of fresh air to get a complete and total objective view of the team from someone who has no horse in the race outside of knowing who to bet on to win money. That’s the most objective opinion on a team that you’re going to get.

who says he objective? just ‘cause he may nit be a dolphin fan doesnt mean he doesnt have an agenda.

believe me, after all the crap he’s given THill, he pretty much has a vested interest in THill’s failure. Of course, he’s already been proven wrong, but please, dont call him objective.

Back
Top Bottom