Joe Schad: "cut Ryan Tannehill? Hah. Miami Dolphins Are Blessed To Have His Contract." | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Joe Schad: "cut Ryan Tannehill? Hah. Miami Dolphins Are Blessed To Have His Contract."

who says he objective? just ‘cause he may nit be a dolphin fan doesnt mean he doesnt have an agenda.

believe me, after all the crap he’s given THill, he pretty much has a vested interest in THill’s failure. Of course, he’s already been proven wrong, but please, dont call him objective.

I don’t agree that he has a vested interest in Tannehill failing. I have read posts where he praises him and says that he has games where he looks like a good QB. I think all of us agree that Tannehill’s issue is consistency and he follows the good games with poor games far too frequently. From a gambling perspective, I would have a hard time trusting a hot/cold QB like that with my money. I mean, would you put 500 bucks down on Miami winning in Minnesota this weekend? I sure as hell wouldn’t. And gun to my head, it’s because I don’t trust Tannehill to play as well as he did against NE a second time in a row.

Hey OP, if you're gonna use statistics, please get them right. Your 57-71-2 stat isn't true and I know you know it.

Hey, doubter.

You have absolutely, positively no idea what I know.

Please feel free to correct me, and show your work. If you're going to come at me, have the common courtesy to come correct.

Now, to be fully forthcoming, that stat was quoted from ESPN Radio. But I find it unlikely that they would just spew out stats without fact-checking.

From a gambling perspective
From a gambling perspective, you evaluate the odds, compare them to price and act accordingly knowing full well winning % doesnt mean ****... And this is my main gripe here. A notorious gambler banking on a specific case is odd... It just doesnt make sense... Pro gamblers know there's no such thing as a lock, they actually benefit from variance and expect to lose almost half the time... it doesnt matter as long as you turn a profit... I've never never seen a winner act like this when discussing specific cases, like I know whats up and there's no way Im wrong...

As for the I wouldnt put money on Tannehill thing, there are cases where that would make sense financially... For one thing, Im pretty sure if you're going to play a big ass DFS tourney, exposing some of your rosters to Tannehill and Stills wouldnt be such a bad idea... Both of them would cost next to nothing and you can bet your ass nobody else owns them... Dont take this as advice, Im just giving you an example of how there are so many ways to look at the market, and how I find it extremely odd when someone wont shut up about how he's always right and everyone else is always wrong...

The 1972 Miami Dolphins vs the 2018 Miami Dolphins - THE TALE OF THE TAPE

Average Age
1972 Miami Dolphins: 66 years old
2018 Miami Dolphins: 27 years old
Edge: 2018 Dolphins

Team Speed
1972 Miami Dolphins: a Rascal powered scooter typically travels about 8mph.
2018 Miami Dolphins: Jakeem Grant runs a 4.3 40 yard dash.

Toughness
1972 Miami Dolphins: Larry Csonka
2018 Miami Dolphins: Ryan Tannehill
Edge: You know I love Ryan Tannehill, but I'm taking Zonk all the way here.

Size and Strength
1972 Miami Dolphins: Probably get some nice sets in the gym for guys their age
2018 Miami Dolphins: I'm pretty sure Laremy Tunsil could deadlift your house into the sun.

Uniforms
1972 Miami Dolphins: Classic
2018 Miami Dolphins: Well it's better than the last revision
Edge: 1972 Dolphins

Coaching
1972 Miami Dolphins: Bill Arnsparger unfortunately passed away in 2015 and the Don is enjoying a well earned retirement
2018 Miami Dolphins: Adam Gase hasn't seen his family in three months
Edge: 2018 Dolphins. Yes, I know. Don't start with me.

And there you have it folks, the Tale of the Tape. If you lined up the 1972 Dolphins vs the 2018 Miami Dolphins right now, I feel very comfortable in saying that the strong edge would go to the 2018 Miami Dolphins.
When you're a Dolphins fan you need to have a good sense of humor....lol

From a gambling perspective, you evaluate the odds, compare them to price and act accordingly knowing full well winning % doesnt mean ****... And this is my main gripe here. A notorious gambler banking on a specific case is odd... It just doesnt make sense... Pro gamblers know there's no such thing as a lock, they actually benefit from variance and expect to lose almost half the time... it doesnt matter as long as you turn a profit... I've never never seen a winner act like this when discussing specific cases, like I know whats up and there's no way Im wrong...

As for the I wouldnt put money on Tannehill thing, there are cases where that would make sense financially... For one thing, Im pretty sure if you're going to play a big *** DFS tourney, exposing some of your rosters to Tannehill and Stills wouldnt be such a bad idea... Both of them would cost next to nothing and you can bet your *** nobody else owns them... Dont take this as advice, Im just giving you an example of how there are so many ways to look at the market, and how I find it extremely odd when someone wont shut up about how he's always right and everyone else is always wrong...

Honestly man, I’m in the semi-finals in my money league and both Tannehill and Stills are going nowhere near my starting lineup. Winner gets 1,500 bucks and, simply put, I don’t trust good Tannehill to show up over bad Tannehill. And that’s the crux of the matter and his overall point, I think.

When Tannehill is good, like he was last week, he is as good as any QB in the NFL. But when he’s bad he puts up some of the worst stinkers I’ve ever seen. Now the ‘why’ to this phenomenon is up for debate, whether that be his supporting cast, playcalling, Tannehill himself, etc. But we can all acknowledge that is happens and it leads to a rollercoaster type season.

Hey, doubter.

You have absolutely, positively no idea what I know.

Please feel free to correct me, and show your work. If you're going to come at me, have the common courtesy to come correct.

Now, to be fully forthcoming, that stat was quoted from ESPN Radio. But I find it unlikely that they would just spew out stats without fact-checking.

Okay, because someone basically called me a liar, I went back and did the stats myself. I come up with 52-60-2. Don't know if the original reported numbers reflected team totals with the QB listed as such because they were the started for the year (which would make sense and be valid, because people are now adding "injury prone" to the conversation), or what the deal was with that.

However, 52-60-2 = .4642 winning percentage.
and the original figure is a 4.453 winning percentage.

Now, Delsolar, did you want to suggest my point is invalid because of said discrepancy, or did you want to move on and lecture us on the finer points of stem cell research?

Honestly man, I’m in the semi-finals in my money league and both Tannehill and Stills are going nowhere near my starting lineup. Winner gets 1,500 bucks and, simply put, I don’t trust good Tannehill to show up over bad Tannehill. And that’s the crux of the matter and his overall point, I think.

When Tannehill is good, like he was last week, he is as good as any QB in the NFL. But when he’s bad he puts up some of the worst stinkers I’ve ever seen. Now the ‘why’ to this phenomenon is up for debate, whether that be his supporting cast, playcalling, Tannehill himself, etc. But we can all acknowledge that is happens and it leads to a rollercoaster type season.
DFS = Daily fantasy football... Whatever man, my point wasnt about Tannehill or Stills...

DFS = Daily fantasy football... Whatever man, my point wasnt about Tannehill or Stills...

No, I got your point and I understand your frustrations with him. He does definitely come off sounding holier-than-thou sometimes and it’s grating if you’re an optimistic person.

Okay, because someone basically called me a liar, I went back and did the stats myself. I come up with 52-60-2. Don't know if the original reported numbers reflected team totals with the QB listed as such because they were the started for the year (which would make sense and be valid, because people are now adding "injury prone" to the conversation), or what the deal was with that.

However, 52-60-2 = .4642 winning percentage.
and the original figure is a 4.453 winning percentage.

Now, Delsolar, did you want to suggest my point is invalid because of said discrepancy, or did you want to move on and lecture us on the finer points of stem cell research?

You don't have to get defensive with this. You spouted incorrect statistics, got called out on it, and you then corrected it without it affecting the overall point. There's been a tendency on here for people to intentionally alter statistics to fit their agenda. In your case, you just trusted ESPN, which is reasonable.

I don’t agree that he has a vested interest in Tannehill failing. I have read posts where he praises him and says that he has games where he looks like a good QB. I think all of us agree that Tannehill’s issue is consistency and he follows the good games with poor games far too frequently. From a gambling perspective, I would have a hard time trusting a hot/cold QB like that with my money. I mean, would you put 500 bucks down on Miami winning in Minnesota this weekend? I sure as hell wouldn’t. And gun to my head, it’s because I don’t trust Tannehill to play as well as he did against NE a second time in a row.

Tannehill is no more inconsistent than the vast majority of other QBs, including some of the greats. That is the lack of objectivity.

Can we stop hacking on each other - just once? Every thread turns into a garbage pile.

Good ol' Schady sounds like a cheerleader. Plus he needs to do some research. The Dolphins would never ever cut Tannehill. Nobody ever seriously suggested cutting him. Because as Schady suggested other teams would be willing to pay for him. Financially there is no savings for the Dolphins by cutting him over trading him. What Schady-man just did is promoting a trade. Because if there are teams who would feel blessed to have Ryan they are willing to throw draft picks by the dozens at us. Now who would not like that?

But let's step back from Schady's fantasy world and little rant. I do believe that we all agreed that Ryan will be here next year - no matter what. He missed 6 games this year combined with the fact that in case of a trade we blow some 13 Mill down the drain and no team would line up to throw picks at us for a QB who has not had a complete season played since 2015. There might be some takers but trade-wise highly unattractive for us.
Therefore Ryan will be with us next year. My bigger question is what do we do behind him.

And I am not feeling blessed. I am in agony because besides a tease we have not gotten out of Ryan yet what we paid for: a top 10 pick. Next year it will be year 7 since we drafted him. We had teases and injuries and a divided fan base. That is a big price to pay.
I feel blessed if he continuously produces on a high level (and no, a selective record over a three season span is not continously) and in case of playoffs produces at a high level in the playoffs.
Ryan is making his case right now. He got better and better since he came back but we have seen that movie before. He is questioned, he comes back with a series of good games and everybody is: oh yes we have our franchise QB. And then...I don't have to elaborate any further.

I hope he continous to improve because that would mean playoffs. But I only feel blessed if he can produce a 12-4 record over 16 games in the same season and we unseat the stinking Patriots on top of our division.

It is impossible to be a consistent QB behind a terrible line.

When Tannehill is good, like he was last week, he is as good as any QB in the NFL. But when he’s bad he puts up some of the worst stinkers I’ve ever seen.

Exaggeration.

Now the ‘why’ to this phenomenon is up for debate, whether that be his supporting cast, playcalling, Tannehill himself, etc. But we can all acknowledge that is happens and it leads to a rollercoaster type season.

Sorry to tell you, but that is just football. Roethlisberger has 3 games this season with a passer rating below 75. He had a 37.8 game last season. All QBs are inconsistent.

If you are saying that Tannehill is more inconsistent, you'll have to back that up with some facts.

Big Ben is someone I consider to be an elite quarterback, without question, but if the subject is consistency, he's a great example of how even future Hall of Fame quarterbacks can have some real stinker games. One week to the next, Steelers fans have a love hate relationship with him because he is prone to having meltdown type of games a few times per season.

I do agree that some level of consistency is important. It's one thing to have a bad game -- especially when facing a superior defense or just because of a bad confluence of events -- and it's another thing to just straight up have a terrible game as an individual. I don't expect Miami to light up the scoreboard this Sunday in Minnesota against a fearsome defense, or the week after against Jacksonville, but I do expect Ryan Tannehill to lead some scoring drives and seize the few opportunities that the game is going to give him against those defenses.

Back
Top Bottom