Joe Schad: "cut Ryan Tannehill? Hah. Miami Dolphins Are Blessed To Have His Contract." | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Joe Schad: "cut Ryan Tannehill? Hah. Miami Dolphins Are Blessed To Have His Contract."

It is impossible to be a consistent QB behind a terrible line.

Exaggeration.

Sorry to tell you, but that is just football. Roethlisberger has 3 games this season with a passer rating below 75. He had a 37.8 game last season. All QBs are inconsistent.

If you are saying that Tannehill is more inconsistent, you'll have to back that up with some facts.

Damn man, I know your spidey senses go off the second anyone says Tannehill, but all that was said is he is inconsistent.

[Moderate note: edited for content]

Last edited by a moderator:
You don't have to get defensive with this. You spouted incorrect statistics, got called out on it, and you then corrected it without it affecting the overall point. There's been a tendency on here for people to intentionally alter statistics to fit their agenda. In your case, you just trusted ESPN, which is reasonable.

If you don’t want people to get defensive, try not leading with accusing someone of knowingly posting false information. There’s a huge difference between saying someone is wrong and calling them a liar.

Kay?

Damn man, I know your spidey senses go off the second anyone says Tannehill, but all that was said is he is inconsistent.

[Moderator note: Edited for content]

So you can’t back it up..... it is a **** lazy assessment.

Fun fact:

On a nfl.com video talking about how "This going be the last chance Big Ben can beat Brady" they talk about how Ben is 2-8 against him, and hasn't won since 2011.

They name off a bunch of quarterbacks that have beaten Brady since Ben last did, and you know who was #1?? Thats right - Ryan Tannehill (FOUR TIMES) - only ONE other QB in the league has beaten him more than once in that time frame and it was 2.

Yeahhhh baby.

Take a look at this...and tell me that is NOT ****ING IMPRESSIVE!!!! They averaged 3-4 losses per season since 2011. And we beat them 5 TIMES since then - 4 with Tannehill.

Gotta love it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_New_England_Patriots_seasons

Last edited:
FWIW I think Joe Schad is trending toward a correct bet.

Miami will take on Tannehill's $18.75 million salary in 2019.

But I think it will be one part of a Kansas City Chiefs scenario, like with Alex Smith and Patrick Mahomes. Mike Tannenbaum has been flying around the country searching for the next big thing and I think he's going to believe that between Kyler Murray, Justin Herbert, and Dwayne Haskins, there's enough talent in the pool to jump in. Both he and Steve Ross will angle for everyone to collectively decide on a trade-up target, and then to go up and get that target.

I think the chalk favorite for everyone to like and agree on is Kyler Murray, personally. But if the NFL agrees, he may be out of reach.

Wow I like it

Great, then we should get a high pick if we make him available

So you can’t back it up..... it is a **** lazy assessment.

What assessment? That Tannehill is inconsistent? We were talking about gambling. Do you want me to post all his fantasy football scores from the season?

[Moderator note: Edited for content]

I think all of us agree that Tannehill’s issue is consistency and he follows the good games with poor games far too frequently.

No we don’t. Speak for yourself and, ideally, back it up with some evidence. Far too much unsubstantiated BS around here.

Big Ben is someone I consider to be an elite quarterback, without question, but if the subject is consistency, he's a great example of how even future Hall of Fame quarterbacks can have some real stinker games. One week to the next, Steelers fans have a love hate relationship with him because he is prone to having meltdown type of games a few times per season.

I do agree that some level of consistency is important. It's one thing to have a bad game -- especially when facing a superior defense or just because of a bad confluence of events -- and it's another thing to just straight up have a terrible game as an individual. I don't expect Miami to light up the scoreboard this Sunday in Minnesota against a fearsome defense, or the week after against Jacksonville, but I do expect Ryan Tannehill to lead some scoring drives and seize the few opportunities that the game is going to give him against those defenses.

Marino once said the one thing he really prided himself in (besides trying to line up almost every week) was playing at a high level for a long amount of time.

I think that is so hard to actually accomplish and what truly separates the elite QB’s for me.

FWIW I think Joe Schad is trending toward a correct bet.

Miami will take on Tannehill's $18.75 million salary in 2019.

But I think it will be one part of a Kansas City Chiefs scenario, like with Alex Smith and Patrick Mahomes. Mike Tannenbaum has been flying around the country searching for the next big thing and I think he's going to believe that between Kyler Murray, Justin Herbert, and Dwayne Haskins, there's enough talent in the pool to jump in. Both he and Steve Ross will angle for everyone to collectively decide on a trade-up target, and then to go up and get that target.

I think the chalk favorite for everyone to like and agree on is Kyler Murray, personally. But if the NFL agrees, he may be out of reach.

I just dont see they will have the draft capital to get up high enough, you know they will all be go off the board quickly, it’s always the case.

I just dont see they will have the draft capital to get up high enough, you know they will all be go off the board quickly, it’s always the case.

Well maybe if they drop the bar to 5 foot 10 1 year starter from a conference where defense is optional who its 50/50 at best may choose baseball they won’t have to go that far.

When someone points out being inconsistent as his ‘issue’, they are drawing a distinction between Tannehill and other QBs. Otherwise, what’s the point?

Tannehill’s issue is that he only has two arms.....

That is incorrect. Saying that a QB is too inconsistent has nothing to do with any other QB nor is that first QB compared to any other QB. You are making an argument for the argument sake because someone dared to criticize Ryan.

Back
Top Bottom