Josh Rosen Trade Rumors: Dolphins in 'No Hurry' to Deal QB Despite Getting Calls | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Josh Rosen Trade Rumors: Dolphins in 'No Hurry' to Deal QB Despite Getting Calls

There's no trade value for Rosen right now. His stock is at an all time low. We need to keep him, use him any way we like and try to either build trade value or develop him into a pretty darn good backup. It is essential to have a quality option behind Tua long run due to his injury concerns. Rosen's cheap, if he can play, why not him. NE traded Jimmy G for a nice return because they built some value in the guy and got a #2. Unless some team wants to over pay why not just keep the chip and see what develops.

That's laughable.
Perhaps. You can't deny that there seems to be an irrational desire to remove Rosen from the team instead of just maximizing his value and taking advantage of his team friendly contract. It seems to come the loudest from the cult. What is the explanation for this if not the "laughable"?

I wouldn't be surprised if Rosen wins the job in camp depending on what the plan with Tua is for the season.

It was a close competition last training camp and the offense was allegedly so complicated only Fitzpatrick grasped it on the team.

Every Gm in nfl know dolphins going trade Rosen.. these Gm act like they so smart.every Gm know Rosen didn't get fair chance..

Really?........... Name 1 QB ON Miami Dolphins that threw for 4000 yds besides Dan Marino? I mean anyone can do it right?
But we had sort of a dry spell didnt we?

Lol. Last words are all mine? I'll make the word DENIAL.:hi:

Tannehill....twice... 2014 & 2015.

Perhaps. You can't deny that there seems to be an irrational desire to remove Rosen from the team instead of just maximizing his value and taking advantage of his team friendly contract. It seems to come the loudest from the cult. What is the explanation for this if not the "laughable"?
Rosen is no threat to Tua at all. I want Rosen off the team as soon as possible because I don't believe he can play and every rep Rosen takes is one less rep Tua gets on the path of his learning curve. I think Rosen is a big waste of time, but the organization looks like they are taking your suggested approach of trying to build up his value during the preseason before trying to trade him so obviously they aren't concerned about Rosen "upstaging" Tua. The "team friendly" contract as you call isn't really all that team friendly when you take in to account that Rosen is the third string QB. I'll bet you there aren't many third string QBs in the league that make more per season than Josh Rosen.

The whole Rosen situation was mishandled from the start. If you are trading a 2nd round pick on a NFL player you play him. It seems like they gave up on him before he even played his first snap here when they traded LT. How ever you put it’s a waist of a 2nd round pick

I wouldn't be surprised if Rosen wins the job in camp depending on what the plan with Tua is for the season.

It was a close competition last training camp and the offense was allegedly so complicated only Fitzpatrick grasped it on the team.
I really don't understand where all this Rosen delusion comes from. All Rosen has shown so far is that he can't cut it as a starting caliber QB. What is magically going to happen to all of a sudden change that?

I really don't understand where all this Rosen delusion comes from. All Rosen has shown so far is that he can't cut it as a starting caliber QB. What is magically going to happen to all of a sudden change that?

Saying a 23 year old QB might beat out a 37 year old journeyman qb is delusional? It nearly happened last season.

Rosen has been apart of 2 atrocious teams in his first 2 seasons in the league, the final verdict with him is far from over.

Kind of tired of reading through this dumpster fire of a thread but let me just say this; regardless of your opinion of how good Tannehill is/was- Josh Rosen has shown absolutely nothing to lead us to believe he could follow a similar trajectory.

Look at each of their rookie years and 2nd years. Laughable to even compare. And the excuse of terrible teams for Rosen is poor- our teams back then when RT was the qb weren’t all that hot either

I’m changing my mind, I have lots of hope in Rosen. I think if he finally gets a chance to play in a good situation and good team then he could be really good. I hope the guy goes and starts and does well somewhere else.

Rosen is no threat to Tua at all. I want Rosen off the team as soon as possible because I don't believe he can play and every rep Rosen takes is one less rep Tua gets on the path of his learning curve. I think Rosen is a big waste of time, but the organization looks like they are taking your suggested approach of trying to build up his value during the preseason before trying to trade him so obviously they aren't concerned about Rosen "upstaging" Tua. The "team friendly" contract as you call isn't really all that team friendly when you take in to account that Rosen is the third string QB. I'll bet you there aren't many third string QBs in the league that make more per season than Josh Rosen.
So you are concerned that Rosen may take snaps/reps away from Tua, thus delaying his development or starting. Sounds like you agree with my original post after all.

Rosen has a John Beck-esque following by some, and very well may be like him minus the senior citizen status Beck had. You’ve got the same old delusions like “He could be Brees 2.0” being floated around like you did with JohnBeckHOF too.

That says, he’s cheap, and unless you can get anything worthwhile, I’d just keep him.

I’ve seen too many written off by The knee jerkers...have the light bulb suddenly go on...to say the kid has no chance.

So you are concerned that Rosen may take snaps/reps away from Tua, thus delaying his development or starting. Sounds like you agree with my original post after all.
Not at all. If you actually read what I said, you would know that I said I believe Rosen is a waste of time.

Back
Top Bottom