Josh Rosen Trade Rumors: Dolphins in 'No Hurry' to Deal QB Despite Getting Calls | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Josh Rosen Trade Rumors: Dolphins in 'No Hurry' to Deal QB Despite Getting Calls

What are the rules about practice squad players and the waiver wire? If rosen can be poached off the practice squad, we should just trade him now for a 5th rounder.

What are the rules about practice squad players and the waiver wire? If rosen can be poached off the practice squad, we should just trade him now for a 5th rounder.

I don't see how holding on to Rosen through the summer changes his trade value very much. I expect Flo to keep him until the summer so Gailey can see what he does. If the plan is to IR TT a few games, he likely stays til IR is over, minimum. Or, he could be moved tomorrow. Some of that will depend on if they dress 3 QBs on game day.

Basically I look at it this way. You got Rosen and a cheap contract plus Raekwon Davis for that trade from the Saints.

Tell me how any of that was a bad deal for Miami regardless of how Rosen plays?

It was a bad trade because the Dolphins could have drafted Erik McCoy in the 2nd round in 2019 instead of using it to trade for Josh Rosen. They already would have their long term center on the roster.

if ryan fitzpatrick sees the field in 2020, i'll be like, yeah, ok, whatever...

It was a bad trade because the Dolphins could have drafted Erik McCoy in the 2nd round in 2019 instead of using it to trade for Josh Rosen. They already would have their long term center on the roster.

And if Maimi had not traded for rosen, how do you know Miami would have picked McCoy? And, for the record, I'm not in the Rosen 'cult.'

I would still like to get an lb, not quite sold on my currently on the roster as a force to be reckoned with.

Last year the trade of Rosen for a 2nd and 5th was a no-brainer and I honestly still think I would be in favor of them making the trade if I had to go back in time and do it all over again. Also, as NY8123 perfectly put it, they basically traded the 48th pick of the second round in 2019, the 153rd pick of the fifth round in 2020 for Josh Rosen, and Raekwon Davis. Plus because the Cardinals guaranteed so much up front, they got Rosen for three years for a total just over $6 million. For a top 10 pick just a year prior, how do you pass that up?

I am maybe old school in that I love teams carrying three quarterbacks and not just two, so I like having Rosen cheap behind Fitz and Tua. I am not sure if Rosen will ever pan out as a starter in the NFL or ever even live up to half of what was expected of him entering the draft. But I truly do believe there is talent there and with my time, coaching and stability he can be somewhat successful. I personally would love to see him as the #3 this season and the #2 next season behind Tua. Who knows, maybe Rosen will feel more comfortable being a backup in Miami than pursuing competition jobs elsewhere and we could have a good long term back up for Tua.

Last year the trade of Rosen for a 2nd and 5th was a no-brainer and I honestly still think I would be in favor of them making the trade if I had to go back in time and do it all over again. Also, as NY8123 perfectly put it, they basically traded the 48th pick of the second round in 2019, the 153rd pick of the fifth round in 2020 for Josh Rosen, and Raekwon Davis. Plus because the Cardinals guaranteed so much up front, they got Rosen for three years for a total just over $6 million. For a top 10 pick just a year prior, how do you pass that up?

I am maybe old school in that I love teams carrying three quarterbacks and not just two, so I like having Rosen cheap behind Fitz and Tua. I am not sure if Rosen will ever pan out as a starter in the NFL or ever even live up to half of what was expected of him entering the draft. But I truly do believe there is talent there and with my time, coaching and stability he can be somewhat successful. I personally would love to see him as the #3 this season and the #2 next season behind Tua. Who knows, maybe Rosen will feel more comfortable being a backup in Miami than pursuing competition jobs elsewhere and we could have a good long term back up for Tua.

Don't disagree, but *IF* Flo only dresses 2, Rosen won't last on PS for 24 hours. He IS that good.

And if Maimi had not traded for rosen, how do you know Miami would have picked McCoy? And, for the record, I'm not in the Rosen 'cult.'

I don't know that they would have picked McCoy. But I do know that trading the pick for Rosen gave them no chance to draft McCoy.

Maybe they rated Rosen higher, plus we had no one in the QB stable. It wasn’t a bad gamble.

I think it's safe to say they preferred rosen over available R2 options or the deal wouldn't have been made. Sadly, this thread will go on til Rosen is traded/cut or he starts or becomes a serviceable backup. OK< even if he becomes a serviceable backup, some will still complain

Back
Top Bottom