Josh Rosen Trade Rumors: Dolphins in 'No Hurry' to Deal QB Despite Getting Calls | Page 22 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Josh Rosen Trade Rumors: Dolphins in 'No Hurry' to Deal QB Despite Getting Calls

Correct and I already said that but it failed. The trade ended up being a bust because they basically traded a 2nd round pick for a backup QB in the end regardless of what their intentions were for Rosen when they made the trade.
Nothing has failed yet, that’s just your opinion.
So far the coaching staff doesn’t agree with your opinion either or they would have cut/traded him already.

Nothing has failed yet, that’s just your opinion.
So far the coaching staff doesn’t agree with your opinion either or they would have cut/traded him already.

Yes it has already failed because he will never be the starter now that they have Tua. Like you said, they traded for him hoping he could become a starter and that won't happen now. What part of that do you not understand?

Failure or no failure (your personal preference) the only thing that matters (to me personally) is the compensation we receive if and when we move him. Seems like Miami is perfectly content with him being on the roster. He's young, he's cheap, he provides competition for the other QB's on the roster, still has a time to develop(he's far from a finished product). What's not to like outside of second round draft choice the ultimately got moved from 2019 to 2020?

Yes it has already failed because he will never be the starter now that they have Tua. Like you said, they traded for him hoping he could become a starter and that won't happen now. What part of that do you not understand?
Again that’s your opinion not fact, the coaching staff disagrees with your assessment of him otherwise they would’ve traded him already.
Tua may be a bust also, I hope not but the possibility exist. I hope Tua or Rosen steps up to the plate so we don’t have this carousel of quarterbacks anymore.

Again that’s your opinion not fact, the coaching staff disagrees with your assessment of him otherwise they would’ve traded him already.
Tua may be a bust also, I hope not but the possibility exist. I hope Tua or Rosen steps up to the plate so we don’t have this carousel of quarterbacks anymore.

And if you think Rosen will be on the team long term, I got a bridge to sell you. The fact that Fitzpatrick played over Rosen for most of last season and the fact that they drafted Tua at #5 tells me all I need to know how they feel about Rosen. They don't think he is the answer at QB.

No, we don't. If you can't see that, that's on you.
And if you think Rosen will be on the team long term, I got a bridge to sell you. The fact that Fitzpatrick played over Rosen for most of last season and the fact that they drafted Tua at #5 tells me all I need to know how they feel about Rosen. They don't think he is the answer at QB.
I agree but as a team, we can still develop assets and sell, we can buy low sell high, or in Rosens case, continue to develop him until his contract is up then hope we did a good job, hope that he performs well when given the chance, and sell high.

heh. the writing is on the wall. you don't invest a 5th in Tua if you think Josh Rosen really is the chosen one. at this point his only value is that he's a live arm that will probably have some type of trade value when another QB is injured during preseason.

heh. the writing is on the wall. you don't invest a 5th in Tua if you think Josh Rosen really is the chosen one. at this point his only value is that he's a live arm that will probably have some type of trade value when another QB is injured during preseason.

I think this is the most likely scenario. Give him some preseason games and let try to up his value either as a back up for Tua down the road or as trade bait to recover our picks we invested in him.

Usually R1 QB's end up starting, get traded to another team, or are out of the league in a few years. It's very rare when a first round QB is a career backup. I can't remember the last QB that ended up a career backup after being drafted in round 1. And even though Rosen is here at the moment, he will never be more than a backup QB as long as Tua stays healthy. The ship has sailed as far as him being a starter here. That ended the minute Tua was drafted at #5 overall.

Never stated he'd be a starter. And you never mentioned "career" backup - just " that doesn't mean your backup QB has to be a 2nd round pick."

That said, it is still my belief, if Flo had 'given up' on him, he wouldn't be a Dolphin now. He's not on the roster because Flo doesn't want him homeless. Beyond that, how he's evaluated by the staff, I have no idea.

Never stated he'd be a starter. And you never mentioned "career" backup - just " that doesn't mean your backup QB has to be a 2nd round pick."

That said, it is still my belief, if Flo had 'given up' on him, he wouldn't be a Dolphin now. He's not on the roster because Flo doesn't want him homeless. Beyond that, how he's evaluated by the staff, I have no idea.

I think the person that pushed the hardest to trade for Josh Rosen is no longer here and that is Chad O'Shea. I read an article last year where when he was coaching with the Patriots they seemed to be very high on him coming out of the draft.

To be honest I don’t think you can find anybody to buy a bridge from you.

To be honest I don’t think you can find anybody to buy a bridge from you.

You know I am right. The writing is on the wall when it comes to Rosen's future with this team. He either will be happy being a backup QB or he will be gone.

Back
Top Bottom