Josh Rosen Trade Rumors: Dolphins in 'No Hurry' to Deal QB Despite Getting Calls | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Josh Rosen Trade Rumors: Dolphins in 'No Hurry' to Deal QB Despite Getting Calls

No reason to trade him when his value is probably super low. Any pick we would get for him is likely negligible and if that's the case his value can only go up. He's still more worthwhile having on the roster than the draft pick he would net right now.

I've no doubt that other teams would like to have Rosen, but I'm sure nobody is willing to pay that much after the Dolphins handling of him was a train wreck last year.

Agree. If he plays poorly, his value can't drop to much. If he plays well, his value will certainly rise.

Excuses are excuses. Arizona had absolutely zero interest in building around him and Fitzpatrick, who is a very limited QB did a hell of a lot more with that same roster.

Maybe I'm not a word maven. explain the difference between 'excuse' and 'reason.' I suspect Marino not winning a SB because of surrounding talent is an excuse?

I think they will trade him if the compensation was right. Not worth trading with the current offers and TUA needing to work his way into the first year. I. think if someone would offer a third round pick in 2021 the deal would be. done. Better to wait this out till trade deadline or till season start is defined.

play him a bunch in pre season, hopefully someones QB goes down, deal him for as high a pick as possible.

If like to keep Rosen for the duration of his contract. A cheap option that doesn not eat a chunk of our cap is worth the spot.

The idea we will get more years out of fitzpatrick needs to end. These guys have been granted a longer shelf life than usual due to the scarcity of the position. The last thing you want is fitzpatrick having to play and he has nothing left. These guys all decline sometime

Excuses are facts, Miami and Arizona had the worst olines in the NFL, and I’m not a Rosen fan.
The inconsistencies come from bad olines, whether you wanna believe it or not.
I agree. Tannehill had several OCs and HCs that I always thought was a handicap for him

Unless they can get the 2nd round pick back, or maybe even a 3rd round pick, I honestly see no reason to trade him. Unless he is going to go to a team with a legitimate chance to start, he will be a backup wherever he goes. If that is the case, why not just keep him here as a backup? We only owe him like $5 million over the next two seasons.

Why can't we keep developing Rosen and hope he can be Tua's version of Matt Moore in 2021? A very good backup that you can feel comfortable with having to start some games if there is an injury at some point to Tua? If Rosen is a "career backup", I want that to be here, not another city.

Unless they can get the 2nd round pick back, or maybe even a 3rd round pick, I honestly see no reason to trade him. Unless he is going to go to a team with a legitimate chance to start, he will be a backup wherever he goes. If that is the case, why not just keep him here as a backup? We only owe him like $5 million over the next two seasons.

Why can't we keep developing Rosen and hope he can be Tua's version of Matt Moore in 2021? A very good backup that you can feel comfortable with having to start some games if there is an injury at some point to Tua? If Rosen is a "career backup", I want that to be here, not another city.

This makes sense although it would mean carrying 3 QB's until Fitz hangs it up.
No rush to move on from him IMO unless a too good to pass up offer is on the table.

What would be the point of trading him now ... the team hasn’t even hit the field in 2020 ...

Never throw cards away, unless you are sure you don’t need them ... and that can’t be said right now - today.

You can say TUA all you want, but until he gets on the field and shows that he IS TUA ... then it’s a chance you don’t need to take ...

Especially in light of the now accepted situation that O’Shea was running too complicated of an offense for a young QB to quickly master?

Especially in light of the now accepted situation that O’Shea was running too complicated of an offense for a young QB to quickly master?
Maybe Rosen is an idiot. Fitz seemed to do fine with it. I would imagine Saban's O was fairly complex as he and BB are from the same coaching tree...

Back
Top Bottom