Josh Rosen Trade Rumors: Dolphins in 'No Hurry' to Deal QB Despite Getting Calls | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Josh Rosen Trade Rumors: Dolphins in 'No Hurry' to Deal QB Despite Getting Calls

I haven’t given up on Rosen developing into a good QB at this level. And I’d love to have him on the roster this year and next as an insurance policy at his current salary. He may get his chances to shine in the next 2 seasons in spot duty. And if we decline the 5th year option on him he’ll have a chance to go somewhere in FA and net is a comp pick.

I haven’t given up on Rosen developing into a good QB at this level. And I’d love to have him on the roster this year and next as an insurance policy at his current salary. He may get his chances to shine in the next 2 seasons in spot duty. And if we decline the 5th year option on him he’ll have a chance to go somewhere in FA and net is a comp pick.

Not certain how Flo will play this out. If TT is IR to start the season, Rosen is likely the backup. If not, a number of questions arise. 2 QBs on game day - RF and TT? Rosen is inactive? If he's inactive, his trade value falls. I doubt he'd last an hour on PS. What of ruddock?

Excuses are facts, Miami and Arizona had the worst olines in the NFL, and I’m not a Rosen fan.
The inconsistencies come from bad olines, whether you wanna believe it or not.

Want a fact? 3 of the starting offensive lineman during Rosen starts in Arizona, started the following year for Murray. Their best linemen LG Iupati left in FA to Seattle, so eventually it's time for him to **** or get off the pot.

giphy (51).gif

Eventually.........BEHIND A DECENT OLINE. Otherwise you could be sending the next Tannehill to another team and TUA could amount to nothing . Could......wait until next season.

The "next Tannehill", sorry but his consistently inconsistent performances in Davie was his issue as it was at TAMU. His inability to move his offense up 10 against KC was another reality in what Tannehill is, and not what you make him out to be.

My posts on Tennessee are in this thread. That team was built to win these past few years with that oline coming in and starting when Murray was leading the rushing attack. That team was built for this past year, now with Conklin gone, they must find something close to his ability to dominate in the run game and hopefully abit better in pass pro.

But even with Tannehill warts, he did play better as a rookie and 2nd year starter in comparison to the new cause at QB in Rosen.

Last edited:
I feel bad for the dude. When he got traded Miami he seemed genuinely excited to be there. If I recall he even posted a uniform swap on his social media.

I've never been a fan of Rosen, personall. However, I feel the same way. I am starting to feel sorry for the guy. I still feel it's too early to judge his career. he's been in the league two season and had absolutely awful O-lines (not to mention the drops from WR's). By the time Miami started to turn the corner, Fitzpatrick was starting. I want to see Rosen play at least one full season behind a decent offensive line before I declare him a bust in the NFL.

The "next Tannehill", sorry but his consistently inconsistent performances in Davie was his issue as it was at TAMU. His inability to move his offense up 24 against KC was another reality in what Tannehill is, and not what you make him out to be.

My posts on Tennessee are in this thread. That team was built to win these past few years with that oline coming in and starting when Murray was leading the rushing attack. That team was built for this past year, now with Conklin gone, they must find something close to his ability to dominate in the run game and hopefully abit better in pass pro.

But even with Tannehill warts, he did play better as a rookie and 2nd year starter in comparison to the new cause at QB in Rosen.

AFC Championship. Pro bowl. Comeback of the year award. Best QB ratio in the NFL. Secured a new 130 million contract.

Yeah.......keep rationalizing it anyway you need to. We gave away a great Player because we couldn't put together a good Oline.
It's that simple. If TUA can be as good I'd be happy. With a good ine and running game, revamped defense we have a shot.

Want a fact? 3 of the starting offensive lineman during Rosen starts in Arizona, started the following year for Murray. Their best linemen LG Iupati left in FA to Seattle, so eventually it's time for him to **** or get off the pot.

View attachment 46083
Where did they rank over all. We’ll wait for a brilliant response.
Also the players you mentioned were injured.
The Cardinals' offensive line was in shambles when fully healthy, so it didn’t help that only rookie center Mason Cole was able to stay healthy for more than 600 snaps this season. 11 different offensive linemen played at least 100 snaps for the Cardinals this season, and not a single one played well. Quarterback Josh Rosen didn’t have a chance.
You can use that for your tissue.

Last edited:
Excuses are excuses. Arizona had absolutely zero interest in building around him and Fitzpatrick, who is a very limited QB did a hell of a lot more with that same roster.

fitzpatrick is one of the brightest QBs in the league. Chad O Shea had an offense that was
Notoriously over difficult. So difficult in fact that several folks complained, Flores noticed a serious problem, and moved on from him.

so we have-

1. an incredibly cerebral QB who succeeds
2. A backup who plays well in stretches, has a few dropped touchdowns, but struggles mightily with the 3rd and .4th reads, signifying he’s not grasping the full tough playbook.

sure sounds like there mightve been quite a few mitigating factors!

Keep him and showcase the hell out of him in the preseason. Before we move him, we also need to be comfortable with Tua as at least the primary backup if not the starter already.

I'd wait it out as long as possible and continue to develop him. Eventually, some team is going to lose their starting QB and get desperate.

Hopefully it all works out. Decent compensation for us, and the kid lands in a spot where he's got a shot going forward.
Problem is he is just as likely to show lack of improvement and lower his value, based on how he did last year. For me, if you can get a 4th rounder right now you do it, I'd even throw in a 6th. It's not like the Drake situation where signs were everywhere that he just needed more touches.

If this much has been leaked to the media, then his ticket is already punched and we are moving on. Teams call about players all the time. We only hear about it if the teams want the press to know. This is just the smoke signal to alert the league we are ready to trade.

Rosen will not be with the team much longer if a decent offer is made.

This is a path clearing move to remove any contraversy during the year. This solidifies the locker room about the path forward. Tua is the heir apparent and Fitz is just keeping the seat warm.

If this much has been leaked to the media, then his ticket is already punched and we are moving on. Teams call about players all the time. We only hear about it if the teams want the press to know. This is just the smoke signal to alert the league we are ready to trade.

Rosen will not be with the team much longer if a decent offer is made.

This is a path clearing move to remove any contraversy during the year. This solidifies the locker room about the path forward. Tua is the heir apparent and Fitz is just keeping the seat warm.

The variable is what is a "decent offer?" No one knows that other than Flo/Grier. No one knows their level of risk or their evaluation of Rosen. Maybe they'll decide he has the talent to impress during PS. Maybe they'll decide getting a get well card is good enough. I suspect Grier will get the best possible offer.

They arent going to trade him for a 5th when they got him last year for a 2nd and a 5th. That would be Chris Grier admitting to being incompetent.
A smart and secure man has no problem admitting his mistakes.

But why trade Rosen when the only times we have seen him play were under the two worst conditions I've ever seen a young QB have to deal with.

Fitzpatrick gets a lot a credit for what we did in the second half of the season, and I don't want to take that away. But let's not forget how bad he played in the first 2 games before he lost his job.

In the two games we were blown out by a combined score of 10 to 102. Fitzpatrick completed 50% of his passes, had 1 TD and 4 INT's, and a QB rating of 48.

Even after he won the job back in week 6 against the Redskins (where he did play great), we still didn't win a game until week 9.

Our whole team was a mess to start the year and the improvement was an entire team effort. Rosen never got a chance to show what he could do with the actual NFL caliber team we developed into.

I'm not saying I think he would have led us to 5 wins like Fitz did. I'm not trying to speculate. But we don't know what he could have done in those final 9 games.

I would really prefer to see what Rosen can do with a functional team before we give him away. This is likely the perfect season to find spots to showcase Rosen if Tua isn't ready (and let's not ignore the fact that with his history, Tua needs a serviceable backup).

If he happens to have a good preseason and a solid stretch of games, his value can be so much higher than it is now. Even though I don't personally have much faith in Rosen, trading him now feels like selling extremely low.

I'm willing to take the chance that he's a complete bust before accepting the offers I'm picturing that we're getting.

Last edited:
I don't see Rosen being on the roster long term. I think the long term backup QB to Tua isn't even on the roster yet. I'm sure finding one will be a priority next offseason. I think both Fitzpatrick and Rosen won't be on the team by the start of the 2021 season.

Yes. Facing backups has its limitations in evaluation. Making his in game reps so vital.

But did he show out when given the chance? Mixed and inconsistent.

It was inconsistent. A guy always has responsibility for his performance no matter what. Still, I think that situation was handled horrible by Flores. He was critical of Rosen after he looked good in the preseason for things like throwing the ball up for receivers to make a play, when that's exactly what his annointed starter thrives on. He decides to start him on short notice on the road against a team that was one of the hottest in the league at the point. He delivers two inconsistent performances which weren't good but were better than what Fitz had provided at that point. Flores publicly states he has earned the right to start the rest of the year. Then after perhaps the worst job of scheming and gameplanning coming out of a bye, where the offense can scarcely run a plan without the QB or running back getting hit almost right after the snap due to telegraphed playcalls, Rosen gets pulled and never gets to play again.

The decision making by Flores in this situation, as well as his curious positional decisions early in the season, have me with major reservations that he'll ever be a winning coach in this league, despite the surprising finish last year.

When Tua goes down with a hip injury and maybe loses his career you’re gonna be glad we didn’t trade Rosen. If he’s actually been developed by the coaching staff last year

Rosen will be good if that happens because we will be in the running for the first pick in the draft again. Glad you reminded me because I rather just trade him.

Back
Top Bottom