Josh Rosen Trade Rumors: Dolphins in 'No Hurry' to Deal QB Despite Getting Calls | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Josh Rosen Trade Rumors: Dolphins in 'No Hurry' to Deal QB Despite Getting Calls

My tissue? I'm not the one forced to defend a tragic story in over hype of a player. If Rosen was in Buffalo or NY, not a soul here would defend his lack of production, late throws and lack of command in any NFL offense to date.
I’ve already expressed that I’m not a Rosen fan.
So let’s leave that at door. I knew you wouldn’t answer the question and then you come in with the “ifs”.

That Pro Bowl nod was as a alternate. Further showing the whole award has been watered down over the years.

The rest is meh. He played on a team that was built before he got there. He didnt make anyone around him better, he just produced at the QB position at a higher level than Mariota....which wasnt hard.

Go back and watch their Playoff games and when Tannehill was forced into 3rd and long or playing from behind. Same **** different day.
Sounds like you just dont like him. Dont want to give credit where it's due.

Tannehill left here and everyone thought his days of starting where over. He grabbed that opportunity and turned it into a great season . Tennessee fans were 11 points from the superbowl......

I was at the Probowl. HE PLAYED. The whole second half. Havnt seen a Dolphins QB in the Probowl in quite a while.
I'd give my left nut to see a Miami Dolphin have a season like Tannehill had.

"If you have two quarterbacks, you don't have one."

This is one of the lamest, overused, untrue sayings around.

SF had Montana and Young together for 6 years.
NE had Brady and Garoppolo together for 3 years.

There are plenty more examples to be found.

It amuses me when people throw around tired old sayings as if they’re actually saying something of consequence.

The Eagles disagree...#Foles

I know it's fun to quote TV people

There are so many examples to cite to show how ridiculous that saying is.

But, hey, they’ve heard it so many times it must undoubtedly be true!

This is one of the lamest, overused, untrue sayings around.

SF had Montana and Young together for 6 years.
NE had Brady and Garoppolo together for 3 years.

There are plenty more examples to be found.

It amuses me when people throw around tired old sayings as if they’re actually saying something of consequence.

Did San Diego have two QB’s or none when they drafted Phillip Rivers?

Did San Francisco have two QB’s or none when they traded for Steve Young?

Did Green Bay have two QB’s or none when they drafted Aaron Rodgers?

It’s a silly idea....

Why is QB different than any other position of “competition” and “development” and having depth?

Did San Diego have two QB’s or none when they drafted Phillip Rivers?

Did San Francisco have two QB’s or none when they traded for Steve Young?

Did Green Bay have two QB’s or none when they drafted Aaron Rodgers?

It’s a silly idea....

Why is QB different than any other position of “competition” and “development” and having depth?

Another couple great examples.

Sorry, I don't mean to pick on the individual that brought up the quote, but it's just a pet peeve of mine when folks regurgitate somebody else's words as if they actually mean anything.

That saying was as untrue back when it was first stated as it is today.

Sounds like you just dont like him. Dont want to give credit where it's due.

Comments like this are why it’s a steep uphill battle for @DolfanDuBbZ~ or anyone else with an opposing view on this to debate with you.

Because you feel the need to resort to inventing reasons or agendas why the person doesn’t agree with you. Poor form.

It very well may be that he (and others) feel it's been proven over the past 7 years that the guy just isn't anything more than a journeyman QB, not some fake personal agenda.
In fact, folks that feel exactly that way have a lot more evidence in support of them than you and others have on the flip side. But I digress.

If you feel insistent on essentially labeling someone as a 'hater' to explain away their POV, then the reverse can be applied to you.
Perhaps a major reason you believe Tannehill to be anything more than the average NFL QB he's proven to be over the past 7 seasons is because you're a homer? A fan boy, so-to-speak. Which creates a pro-bias. (See, two can play that game!)

As exhibit A of the the above being true, I'll offer up the fact that you're once again hijacking (and devolving) another Josh Rosen thread with talk of RT.
How many threads is it now? Will the madness ever stop?

If we wanna keep him then it means we’re keeping three qbs on the gameday roster..

Proven? His rookie year he set rookie records he had many 4000 yds seasons here. The Dolphins lost consistantly, no oline , running game or defense.

He leaves the Phins , plays on a decent TEAM......and kills it. Takes them to the AFC championship game.

But your right. Hes and over achieving journeyman. Even though hes only played on 1 team . So.....great point.

As far as the Rosen/ Tannehill comparisons go......its extremely legitimate. We traded a great QB and here we are not 1 yr later talking about trading possibly another.

Imagine for a second all the hype around TUA amounts to nothing. Its possible. He has a serious injury history.

And Rosen joins another team and takes off. We need to let him play behind a decent Oline and see what he has.

A little competition for TUA cant hurt.

Tired of hearing it? Stop reading my posts. My only interest is the Miami Dolphins. Not your widdle feelings.

Well let's be real about this. Teams know we will be releasing him, so they're offering us things like a conditional 7th rounder. Obviously, we're going to hold out for more than that, hoping to get a 4th or 5th rounder for him. So, the rhetoric is that we are in no hurry to get rid of him, and we probably leaked that there are multiple teams interested. It's all a ruse to drive up the price we can fetch for him.

The only way Rosen makes this team in 2020 is if one of Tua or Fitzpatrick is put on IR. It's that simple. If that happens, we'll change our tune about Rosen very fast. Otherwise ... he has played his last snap as a Dolphin, and it's all about how much we can get for him. We'll definitely not get anything close to the 2nd rounder we spend to get him initially ... that ship has sailed.

Proven? His rookie year he set rookie records he had many 4000 yds seasons here. The Dolphins lost consistantly, no oline , running game or defense.

Passing for 4K yards is your undeniable proof of greatness? In an era where pretty much ALL competent QB's are doing that?

IDK if you are aware, but many rules have been altered over the past 15+ years designed to increase offensive output and scoring.
Sorry that you are naive to the point of believing passing yardage equates to being anywhere near the vicinity of great.

Not only that, anybody that objectively followed the Dolphins from 2012 -2018 knows he was the King of garbage time yardage when the outcome was already decided.

How many 30+ TD seasons has he posted? What was his W/L record? I know, I know, it was everyone else's fault but his, right? SMH.

The actually great Dan Marino was able to consistently post elite numbers and win games despite the lack of a running game or defense or superb talent around him.
If RT was as good as you seem to believe, he'd have been able to do the same -- especially during an era geared toward offensive success. But he didn't. Hence why he is average at best.

He leaves the Phins , plays on a decent TEAM......and kills it. Takes them to the AFC championship game.

As John McEnroe once famously said, "You can't be serious! You CANNOT be serious!"

I'm not even gonna attempt to break down and explain to you how ridiculously poor this take is, since it's clear you are completely delusional about the true strengths of RT and the 2019 Titans team.

But your right. Hes and over achieving journeyman. Even though hes only played on 1 team . So.....great point.

Since you are demonstrating more and more ignorance as this continues to go on, let me help you out a bit. The aptly applied journeyman description doesn't necessarily equate to how many teams the guy has played for. Google search can be your friend, dude.

jour·ney·man
/ˈjərnēmən/
noun: journeyman; plural noun: journeymen

1. a worker or sports player who is reliable but not outstanding.
"a solid journeyman professional"

As far as the Rosen/ Tannehill comparisons go......its extremely legitimate. We traded a great QB and here we are not 1 yr later talking about trading possibly another.

Extremely legitimate?

It's ridiculous enough that you falsely and without merit label Tannehill as a "great QB", but on what basis can you say the same about Josh Rosen?

It's one thing to not know the true meaning of the word "journeyman" but something else entirely to not understand what "great" means. Because it's clear your understanding of the word differs from 99% of the rest of the world. Because you're not going to find many sane people to agree with you that Rosen has been a great NFL QB to this point in his career.

Here's another word for you to google search, since you're completely full of it: hyperbole

Tired of hearing it? Stop reading my posts. My only interest is the Miami Dolphins Ryan Tannehill. Not your widdle feelings.

^^ FIFY, fan boy.

It's clear to me now that you have no ability to be objective, reasonable, or even logical about any of this. And I've enabled your persistent hijacking of non-RT threads enough.

Last words are all yours. I'm sure they'll be just as factual and insightful as the first time around.

As you were.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom