Josh Rosen Trade Rumors: Dolphins in 'No Hurry' to Deal QB Despite Getting Calls | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Josh Rosen Trade Rumors: Dolphins in 'No Hurry' to Deal QB Despite Getting Calls

Get it done . Trade him to the highest bidder this preseason. By the way, for all of those saying Miami should keep him because his contract is such a bargain. His contract is not a bargain for a QB who is third on the depth chart, and that's exactly where he will be.

The variable is what is a "decent offer?" No one knows that other than Flo/Grier. No one knows their level of risk or their evaluation of Rosen. Maybe they'll decide he has the talent to impress during PS. Maybe they'll decide getting a get well card is good enough. I suspect Grier will get the best possible offer.

I completely agree. But my main point is this sort of information doesn't get floated by a team unless they don't truly need or want the player.

And it is no coincidence this is a post draft leak. They kept Rosen to protect against unforeseen draft scenarios. But now that Tua is here, Rosen can only muddy a situation in which this organization needs clarity and absolute direction.

Win or Lose, Flores has chosen "his" QB. Rosen doesn't have a place now. His opportunity to impress has passed.

Rosen was only a flier from the start.

I would say calm down...patience grasshopper

It's been a million years since Miami had a real QB.

We have two young promising arms that have done nothing in the NFL. Let it play out.

If we've learned anything, it's hard to find a franchise QB.

Everyone afraid of a little competition for Rosen?

Dealing Rosen is the most obvious outcome
Anyone who wants to QB doesn’t want second or third fiddle in their prime

He's going to be in his prime for the next 8 years, minimum.

Where to you think he'll go that he has a better chance to start than Miami this year?

What I don't understand is the insistence by some that "The Dolphins need to get value back for what they gave up for Rosen."

No.

No they don't . They have, at worst, a decent backup for next to nothing, salary-wise. You're never going to go back in time to undo the trade. And trading him for a crap return now makes no sense.

Trading Rosen right now is shortsighted. For numerous reasons.

First, they need to see all these guys in Chan Gailey’s system to know what they’ve got.

Second, Rosen’s value isn’t much right now. They could potentially net more in return for him by waiting things out. Let the guy show a little bit over the next season or more. Whether that be in preseason or spot duty here or there. Worst case, he’s no more valuable than now. Best case, he’s much more valuable than now.

Third, what if the team decides to sit Tua for this season? What if they decide he’s not ready and they want to protect their investment to fullest? Then Rosen is certainly needed.

Until some of these things are sorted out, there should be no rush to send Rosen packing.

Maybe Rosen is an idiot. Fitz seemed to do fine with it. I would imagine Saban's O was fairly complex as he and BB are from the same coaching tree...

That’s an interesting take...comparing a 36 year old veteran whose played with more teams and systems than any QB In NFL history to a 22 year old who hasn’t learned the NFL game yet?

Seems like reasonable take.......

I would say calm down...patience grasshopper

It's been a million years since Miami had a real QB.

We have two young promising arms that have done nothing in the NFL. Let it play out.

If we've learned anything, it's hard to find a franchise QB.

"If you have two quarterbacks, you don't have one."

Rosen had 1 year of living, breathing, playing and being around these coaches. If he was the guy, Tua wouldn't have been drafted.

Rosen will be good if that happens because we will be in the running for the first pick in the draft again. Glad you reminded me because I rather just trade him.

Would be totally dumb to trade him at this “moment”. When I say this it’s just not the Tua hip concern, but how many times have a QBs been drafted as can’t miss products only to fail miserably. With saying that, I believe Tua does have the goods but I’d rather see this process play out before I trade ANY QB. Unless someone is offering a number 2 pick

If like to keep Rosen for the duration of his contract. A cheap option that doesn not eat a chunk of our cap is worth the spot.

The idea we will get more years out of fitzpatrick needs to end. These guys have been granted a longer shelf life than usual due to the scarcity of the position. The last thing you want is fitzpatrick having to play and he has nothing left. These guys all decline sometime
I would like that too if Rosen is a worthy backup, at minimum. Soon, we'll be getting to a point where we need to be able to trust him to run our offense effectively, in case he's somehow thrust into the role of starter. If faith in him remains low, then we need to make arrangements to get a better backup QB. The luxury of using roster spots for unproven prospects is closing after this year, methinks.

He's going to be in his prime for the next 8 years, minimum.

Where to you think he'll go that he has a better chance to start than Miami this year?

It isn't about starting this year, frankly he isn't that good. Or we wouldnt have taken Tua. But he needs to believe in himself no? His agent should believe in him as a starter no?

So I think you are missing the point his Agent should be raising a fuss getting him to SD or NE anywhere where he is the clear cut no 2 and able to be next in line should an injury present. As far as opportunities to be the clear cut no 2 there are other spots where he should be able to compete. 49ers, Seattle, Jets, Buffalo... Tampa Bay? The list is long

In his prime?? For eight years holding down a 3rd string back up spot -> this is what he signed up for going top 10??? I am worried if he issn't raising a stink because the FO moved on from him when they signed Tua

AFC Championship. Pro bowl. Comeback of the year award. Best QB ratio in the NFL. Secured a new 130 million contract.

Yeah.......keep rationalizing it anyway you need to. We gave away a great Player because we couldn't put together a good Oline.
It's that simple. If TUA can be as good I'd be happy. With a good ine and running game, revamped defense we have a shot.

That Pro Bowl nod was as a alternate. Further showing the whole award has been watered down over the years.

The rest is meh. He played on a team that was built before he got there. He didnt make anyone around him better, he just produced at the QB position at a higher level than Mariota....which wasnt hard.

Go back and watch their Playoff games and when Tannehill was forced into 3rd and long or playing from behind. Same **** different day.

Where did they rank over all. We’ll wait for a brilliant response.
Also the players you mentioned were injured.
The Cardinals' offensive line was in shambles when fully healthy, so it didn’t help that only rookie center Mason Cole was able to stay healthy for more than 600 snaps this season. 11 different offensive linemen played at least 100 snaps for the Cardinals this season, and not a single one played well. Quarterback Josh Rosen didn’t have a chance.
You can use that for your tissue.

My tissue? I'm not the one forced to defend a tragic story in over hype of a player. If Rosen was in Buffalo or NY, not a soul here would defend his lack of production, late throws and lack of command in any NFL offense to date.

Back
Top Bottom