JRS/Hard Rock Stadium Renovations, Phase II.... | Page 51 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

JRS/Hard Rock Stadium Renovations, Phase II....

No reason that football should ever be played on an artificial surface if you can grow the real stuff.

:lol: at all the TGI Friday's defenders. I knew I should have picked Applebees instead.

The point wasn't that TGI Friday's is trash, only that you'd be none too pleased to pay $16 or more for a bacon cheeseburger at Hard Rock when TGI Friday's charges like $12.

Friday's also has some money Jack Daniels meals. Chicken, shrimp, ribs. Lawd.

---------- Post added at 12:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 PM ----------

:lol: at all the TGI Friday's defenders. I knew I should have picked Applebees instead.

The point wasn't that TGI Friday's is trash, only that you'd be none too pleased to pay $16 or more for a bacon cheeseburger at Hard Rock when TGI Friday's charges like $12.

I like Applebee's too god damnit :d-day:

Friday's also has some money Jack Daniels meals. Chicken, shrimp, ribs. Lawd.

---------- Post added at 12:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 PM ----------

I like Applebee's too god damnit :d-day:

:lol:

So what you're saying is that you're a garbage person and proud of it.

:lol:

So what you're saying is that you're a garbage person and proud of it.

Not at all. I can't even tell you the last time I ate at Applebee's. I know I had TGI Friday's 2 years ago b/c I went there with my family when they were visiting for my daughter's 1st birthday. All I'm saying is each of those places have at least some redeemable food.

Ruth's Chris they ain't!

I agree and I appreciate Miami's work researching the best of the best grass to use.
I used to special order my blend of Kentucky Blue Grass and they would mix it based on the percentages of each I had chosen.
It took 1 - 1 1/2 inches of water per week and a bit more care, but it looked incredible.

Of course, that was when we were on public water.
Since then, we have moved and have a much larger yard and we are on well water, so my grass basically has to fend for itself now. :lol:

We got marker lines on the field! You can also see the shadows of the finishing touches to the inner canopy being installed on the right.
ebbe6f21f4641fb78396ae6734886d50.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We got marker lines on the field! You can also see the shadows of the finishing touches to the inner canopy being installed on the right.
ebbe6f21f4641fb78396ae6734886d50.png

Field looks so tiny. Nice to see a lot of progress with the translucent panels on our sideline

This is about what it will look like at kickoff on 9-25 vs the Browns in terms of shade vs no shade. This is a good look with some of the panels installed on the home side. It is really dark on that side. Might take some getting used to playing with shadows like that on the field.

Stadium_Renovation_Construction_Cam_August_22_2016_03_00pm_zpsramfyffb.jpg

It does look dark on the edge of the field.
Also, I'd imagine as we get closer to winter, and the sun stays lower on the horizon, that shade area will get a bit bigger, too.
I wonder how dark that EFT area really is?

Hopefully it isn't that dark in real life.

I assume they will have the stadium lights on for that side to help lighten it up but this view is as real as it gets.

Keep in mind that these digital images don't have the dynamic range of the human eye. In person, the eyes can adapt to that type of range between light and dark much better than a digital image can show. It'll take some getting used to for the players but it's certainly not the first stadium with shadows cast on the field and it won't be the last.
4f3447e959629c30a02de6255255059d.jpg
2100d80a6fcbc52e5ea71ebec916ebe0.jpg

It does look dark on the edge of the field.
Also, I'd imagine as we get closer to winter, and the sun stays lower on the horizon, that shade area will get a bit bigger, too.
I wonder how dark that EFT area really is?

Hopefully it isn't that dark in real life.

In South Florida the sun does not get much lower in winter than it does in summer. We have pretty much 12 hours (give or take and hour) of daylight throughout the year. Our sun rises in the east and the Zenit is always above us (give or take a few degrees) and sets straight into the west. We don't have that earth curvature (in relation to the sun movement) like you guys have up north.

The only thing what affects us is the time change.

Back
Top Bottom