JRS/Hard Rock Stadium Renovations, Phase II.... | Page 56 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

JRS/Hard Rock Stadium Renovations, Phase II....

Finishing touches put on the field but the image on the jumbotron at the same time made me laugh. It is like he is looking at at the ETFE section not completed yet and is amused but it.

Stadium_Renovation_Construction_Cam_August_30_2016_12_30pm_zpsr8zusc5m.jpg

New at Hard Rock Stadium: Uber tailgating and 167 metal detectors

Six months and 17,000 tons of steel later, Hard Rock Stadium is finally ready for use.Inspectors on Monday awarded the Dolphins a temporary certificate of occupancy for their renovated stadium. That was the last hurdle the team needed to clear ahead of Thursday’s preseason finale and the University of Miami’s season opener against Florida A&M on Saturday.Now the real work begins:Convincing, as project manager Bill Senn put it, fans to leave behind their 60-inch TV sets on Sundays and come watch the game in person.Here are two new incentives: a cheaper, easier way to get to the games, and a faster, safer way inside the building.The Dolphins have entered into a partnership with Uber that includes a drop-off and pick-up zone in the east parking lots and a new tailgate feature in which the team provides ride-sharers everything they need for a cookout but the food.Meanwhile, the organization is in the process of installing 167 metal detectors at the stadium entrances
It's nice to see our owener try to improve the fan experience. I never went to the "old" Sun Life Stadium, anyone care to shed some light on this?
http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article98731997.html

It's nice to see our owener try to improve the fan experience. I never went to the "old" Sun Life Stadium, anyone care to shed some light on this?

IMO the presence of the roof for shade is huge. The worst thing about Dolphins games, other than the crappy play of the team on the field (haha) was just baking out there for three hours with no recourse but to hide in the concourse for part of the game.

If you ever want to know why the stands appear half empty a lot of the time, even though the game was a sell-out, a huge part of that was that fans were just cycling out of the sun.

So for $250 you get a ride to the game, a place to grill, and grilling utensils. Then you have to buy your meats and beers from the stadium?

and if I wanted to bring some friends or family, they'd all have to pay $250/piece to come along with me?

HOW IS THIS A DEAL? :lol:

If you go to 10:45 am on the app you can see him on the field talking with, who I would assume, if the field chief.

http://dolphinsapp.miamidolphins.com/pages/livestadium.html

Field chef you mean :d-day:

---------- Post added at 03:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 PM ----------

Apparently "Stronger Together" is staying with the new stadium and regime. I was hoping that this would come to an end once Gase was fired and once Hillary started using it as her campaign slogan. http://www.finheaven.com/showthread.php?376718-StrongerTogether&highlight=Hillary

Still, it is up in the endzone.

Screen%20Shot%202016-08-30%20at%202.09.36%20PM_zpssxvnokvd.png

Gase wasn't fired :lol:

---------- Post added at 03:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 PM ----------

Finishing touches put on the field but the image on the jumbotron at the same time made me laugh. It is like he is looking at at the ETFE section not completed yet and is amused but it.

Stadium_Renovation_Construction_Cam_August_30_2016_12_30pm_zpsr8zusc5m.jpg

I know it's b/c of the Hurricanes but I hate the bland end zones. It's much better when they look as I feel they should:

it5kqLB.jpg

The fact that there is a roof will dramatically increase the experience. What most people don't realize is that the upper level concourse was always a mess during heaving rains. The food place patios (installed with the club upgrade the last time) had a few umbrellas and the concourse had a mediocre coverage from the seats above but otherwise if it rained you got wet in the stadium and on the concourse.

A major upgrade would be doubling the restrooms. :lol:

I am a little bit worried about all this Uber stuff. They took away valuable orange parking space away over the years. The re-colored some areas along 199th and there is absolute no Orange Parking anymore. On the other side there was never really much parking (TP and canal).

I just saw that the Uber thingy is in the cash lot. :lol:
$150-$250, no food included and cook your own food and you are parked in the dirt lot. :sidelol:

The metal detectors I guess are a good ting. No more pre-game molestation. :lol:

They won't have the concessions/bars set up behind the jumbotrons in those concourse areas for this season either. Right now those would get soaked with the hole the spires are in exposed. If it is raining, and you are in the upper deck, avoid walking under those ramps for no good reason because you will get soaked.

I just think it is funny they are going to put a pop up convenience store in that lot for the Uber customers so they can pay their $200 and something dollars and then over pay for their food and beer outside the stadium. Bad enough you get price gouged inside the stadium. That said, next year the Atlanta Falcons are drastically cutting basic concession prices to Masters Tournament price levels.

The restroom setup is just awful. Not enough, too small. awful spots.

Miami is a freaky enough town you should always be able to find someone near you who enjoys getting pissed on. Has worked for me at 80%+ of Dolphins games I've been to.

Back
Top Bottom