Just for the record | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Just for the record

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doktor Ivel said:
who cares about his personal life....hes a good player, and thats what we need

Quick question: Don't you think brown is a good player??

uhmm... I might know your anser to that, I just think you are praising #34 way too much,....:rolleyes:

LarryFinFan said:
You obviously have never played organized sports...The locker room or team chemistry can mean the difference between a good team and a great team...by your analysis, the 94 or 95 fins (can't remember which, but Shula's last year) should have been a SB team..we had all the talent you could ask for..something like 21 1st round talents...a great QB, all the pieces..but it never came to fruition because of several cancers on the team...

But, I do have to agree that RW has not been a cancer in the lockerroom (that we are aware of) here. The question, is how well he is received by the leaders of the team...(ZT, JT, SM, RM, CC, AJ, etc). If he earns their respect back, fine...if not it will come back to haunt us at some time in the future...

You would obviously be wrong with that assumption, but that's beside the point.

Team chemistry is overblown in football, I NEVER said it was irrelevant, but people make it sound like it's an absolute necessity to be successful, and it's simply not true.

Anyway, the point of the post was to dismiss any thoughts of classifing Ricky as a cancer. In his case it's irrelevent since he has never been one, and in most cases around the league it's not a big deal. I'm sure team leaders (who by the way are mostly on defense) would be forgiving if he is making a concerted effort to make this team better.

phinsforever said:
What the hell is this? This is ridiculous. You make a list of people and label them "Ricky Haters", and then suggest you are going to "out" us when he performs as an All Star. What a joke. First, I don't think you should label it "Ricky Haters". For me anyway, it is not personal. I just don't think it wise to bring him back; not because of hate or bitterness, but because I JUST DON"T TRUST HIM GIVEN HIS HISTORY. HE IS MORE RISK THAN REWARD.
The title of your list is misleading and foolish. It would be like me posting a list titled "People who have homoerotic feelings for #34, and are so desperate to bring him back at any cost".
First of all, I am a Ricky supporter, person and player. Second, phinsforever, did you read the first sentence in the post you are referring to??

welderpat said:
Ideserve to be on the top of the list, I hate that scumbag. If he comes back he wont be nothing but camp fodder for the defense to tee off on :lol: :lol:
The best he could hope for is after his 4 game suspension he might could make it as high as 3 on the depth chart behind Brown and Gordon.

I'm right with you buddy! I used to love Ricky. I thought he was the best player on our team and we had a good shot at winning with him whenever he was on the field. And then when he just left a week before training camp without any warning, I dropped him like a bad habit. My loyalty is to the Miami Dolphins, not to any one player. If he comes back and helps the team some more, fine, whatever. But I won't ever forgive him for what he did nor will I forget.

Nublar7 said:
You can put me down as a person who likes Ricky Williams the player, but HATES Ricky Williams the person.

:yeahthat: I'm sure that the Ricky supporters will bash Saban if he is traded.

Why do you react like this:
phinsforever said:
What the hell is this? This is ridiculous. You make a list of people and label them "Ricky Haters", and then suggest you are going to "out" us when he performs as an All Star. What a joke. First, I don't think you should label it "Ricky Haters". For me anyway, it is not personal. I just don't think it wise to bring him back; not because of hate or bitterness, but because I JUST DON"T TRUST HIM GIVEN HIS HISTORY. HE IS MORE RISK THAN REWARD.
The title of your list is misleading and foolish. It would be like me posting a list titled "People who have homoerotic feelings for #34, and are so desperate to bring him back at any cost".
when you originally said:
phinsforever said:
Fine by me.
:confused:
You're told that you are going to be put on a list so you make your opinion obvious enough to label you and then cry about it???

PatsSuck456 said:
:yeahthat: I'm sure that the Ricky supporters will bash Saban if he is traded.
We're not going to trade Saban, are we??!?!!?! I need to start a thread about this asap!!!!!!

phinsforever said:
Just so you know, my homoerotic feelings for Ricky have nothing to do with wanting to bring him back!:couch:

If he is in a Dolphins uni I WILL PULL FOR HIM. I dont care who it is. I am a Dolphins fan. I pull for the name on the front of the jersey. If I can pull for Thurman Thomas, I can damn sure pull for Ricky. I will have to admit, it was tough to pull for Thurman.

Mark me down as a Ricky hater, now and always. I'll always support the Fins, and if Ricky helps us win I'll be happy for the team. But I'll never forgive him for quitting right before training camp, lying, and now coming back 30 lbs too light and only because he owes 8 mil. This isn't, as one person posted, the same as if CC insulted one of us personally off the field. Ricky's off-field antics hurt the team because it caused him to be suspended, then he hurt the team by quitting right before training camp instead of trying to do the right thing for the team in light of his transgressions. Ricky quitting the team did ultimately help the team (DW being fired, getting Ronnie in the draft), but there's no way Ricky knew that at the time, it's certainly not the reason he smoked or quit, and it doesn't excuse his behavior. Again, it's not his various human failings that I'm stuck on, numerous as they are; it's his selfish decision to quit and his untrustworthiness and disingenuous conduct since his violation.
Go ahead and label me a Ricky hater. I'll still always be a Finfan, and my love of the franchise demands I suppport only those players who properly represent it. RW doesn't belong in the same breath as Marino, Zach and JT.

You oversimplify. It's not a matter of "hating' or "loving" Ricky. The man has serious mental health issues: social anxiety disorder is an Axis II disorder in the DSM 4 and is in the same category as OCD and PTSD. Serious stuff. If Saban doesnt build in a strict counseling/medication treatment protocol then Ricky within 2 years will likely revert to (a) running away again and (b) self medicating. We need to approach this carefully and not place too much stock in Rickys longevity.

mark me down as a ricky hater, thats stupid sonuvabitch sorry *** loser

MarinoRules said:
You oversimplify. It's not a matter of "hating' or "loving" Ricky. The man has serious mental health issues: social anxiety disorder is an Axis II disorder in the DSM 4 and is in the same category as OCD and PTSD. Serious stuff. If Saban doesnt build in a strict counseling/medication treatment protocol then Ricky within 2 years will likely revert to (a) running away again and (b) self medicating. We need to approach this carefully and not place too much stock in Rickys longevity.
:stupid:After you said all that technical stuff, I had to say "I'm with stupid"
anyways very good point. I agree totally. That is why whenever talking about Ricky I always try to add "if he stays on his meds" or "if he uses the resources available to him"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom