Just for the record | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Just for the record

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the record, put me down as being against his return. I don't hate him or really care about him. I just prefer he wasn't a part of my team. I think he brings more bad than good. IMO Saban is taking a chance that the trust the team has in him will be sufficient to makeup for the lack of trust RW engenders. Breaking your teammates trust is the worst crime you can commit aganst a team. It's not as bad as drugs or murder in the real world, but in terms of team sports there's nothing worse.

byroan said:
Just for the record..put me down as a Miami Dolphins supporter. I will support whoever is in uniform. :yes:
That's the best way to look at it. Too bad everyone doesn't feel that way. Count me in though. I'm a Miami Dolphins supporter (comes before anything).

I look at it this way. He screwed us over last year. We didn't think we would get anything compensation wise with him quitting. If Saban can lure him back for a couple of seasons, at least we get something out of him. Lets just hope he can play well for us.

Emskirch said:
Just for the record, put me down for supporting Ricky.

But I reserve the right just to walk away and not support him anymore, without giving notice.

At least do it right before training camp :wink:

But you probably know by now that I support him.

You know what guys, it takes a lot of character to come back from all that he did and said. It takes HUMILITY. Humility can be a really powerful emotion.

i dont understand why there are so many emotional responses to ricky williams. its about whats best for the team. he'd be the best backup in football or a top ten starter if he came back, how is that not good for the team. you cant squander whatever few opportunities for major improvemant that you get. that is not good business.

so many people were upset - all of us were- i remember that night when i read the retirement news it felt like a car accident, a slow motion dream - but hey, im not going to make franchise shaking decisions on hard feelings and being upset. go follow the miss america pageant or american idol if you do.

this whole thing makes me wonder how many of the ricky victims would come on here and bash and say 'Chris Chambers needs to be off this team, get rid of him' if they met him somewhere in person and he was really mean to them, or cut them in line, or told them they looked fat, and really really hurt their feelings. i dont think that would happen, i think theyd dislike CC but still respect him as a fin. this makes me think that a lot of these ricky victims are so adamant because there are so many others who feel like they do. i dont have anything against people who follow the pack, dont get me wrong, so im not trying to diss any of you.

Regardless of whether or not I'm a supporter, doesn't it bother anyone as to WHY he is likely coming back? While no one knows for sure other than the actual involved parties, I'm afraid as to why he would play again. The man owes 8 million dollars to the franchise, and has 3 very expensive child support payments to think about also. Perhaps going bankrupt would work for him, perhaps not. The other night online he tells a reporter he doesn't know if he is going to play or not, then today his agent says he definitely will. So what I see happening here is once again people in Ricky Williams' life, telling Ricky Williams to do things, that perhaps he really doesn't want to. I don't expect an apology from Ricky, however I do expect him to say something about how he loves football, loves this team, and can't stand to be away from the game anymore. Anything less than that just tells me that it's something he's doing because he "has to".

By the way, as far as creating a list of "Ricky haters" goes, all you will be doing is holding people who rightfully feel the way they do to a standard higher than Ricky Williams. You will be saying that they, unlike Ricky, aren't entitled to change their minds later, or a "second chance" if you will. Which, in my opinion is very hypocritical.

FaninPatsyLand said:
I think this part of football is overblown. This isn't a sport like baseball where you have to play with these people for 162 games (or more.) It's at very most 20 games. I think the locker room cancer in a sport like football is overrated.
That may be true. Only an NFL player could really tell us whether or not a player can negatively affect a team. But what it may due is cause friction between players who don't feel Ricky should be back, and Saban for letting him come back. I may be reading too much into this, but I still don't know if the reward is worth the risk. If it works out great, but I don't like Ricky as a person and don't really want to root for him.

FaninPatsyLand said:
Ricky Williams has never been a cancer at ANY point in his career. With the Saints he had a social disease, but I don't consider that being a weight on the rest of the players in that locker room.
I wouldn't think he would be a cancer based on his personality, but rather on what the guy did to the team last year. I know some players have said they would take him back, but I am sure there are some who are still mad enough at him to not want him here. I know that mulitple times when Jason Taylor was asked about whether he would welcome him back, he avoided the question. Like I said, if he comes back and makes this team great, I will be happy because ultimately I want to see my team win, but if it were up to me I would not take the guy back unless it were to trade him.

Please add me to the list of people that would rather not have him on my team. I am not a hater and forgive Ricky, but I do not forget.

xXxpHiN34 said:
Everyone, dont get offended or anything if your name is on the Ricky hater list..... I dont even know why I care, but I would like to keep track of all the ricky haters. Like I said, when Ricky + Ronnie are having all these amazing games, and all of us dolfans are going nuts b/c our team is just beyond amazing, I wanna be able to say, "Hey ______, I'm glad you've come to your senses" :D

p.s. I'll be editing alot, adding names of the Ricky haters thus far. if you have a question mark by your name, I'm only assuming you have your thumbs down for ricky's return based on your post

Ricky Haters

drnewbee
thomas 54
saves
kb21
unifiedtheory
fanmarino?
dominizzo
csabe
ltdan662002 ?
saba-tooth ?
Agua
NaboCane
westvirginafan
kingnate85
jack o d1amonds
finswin56 ?
claytonand duper
rafael
nicky napoleon
ozzy
thewicked1isher
finaticpatch
alopez34
gr8slayer :wink: http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showpost.php?p=1230609&postcount=80

finsarelife
thefreaK41
jaketaylor
rainmaker1313 ?
Ark139954
rebar71
beejay05
mikeo
phinzoner

(more to come)

What the hell is this? This is ridiculous. You make a list of people and label them "Ricky Haters", and then suggest you are going to "out" us when he performs as an All Star. What a joke. First, I don't think you should label it "Ricky Haters". For me anyway, it is not personal. I just don't think it wise to bring him back; not because of hate or bitterness, but because I JUST DON"T TRUST HIM GIVEN HIS HISTORY. HE IS MORE RISK THAN REWARD.
The title of your list is misleading and foolish. It would be like me posting a list titled "People who have homoerotic feelings for #34, and are so desperate to bring him back at any cost".

xXxpHiN34 said:
Everyone, dont get offended or anything if your name is on the Ricky hater list..... I dont even know why I care, but I would like to keep track of all the ricky haters. Like I said, when Ricky + Ronnie are having all these amazing games, and all of us dolfans are going nuts b/c our team is just beyond amazing, I wanna be able to say, "Hey ______, I'm glad you've come to your senses" :D

p.s. I'll be editing alot, adding names of the Ricky haters thus far. if you have a question mark by your name, I'm only assuming you have your thumbs down for ricky's return based on your post

Ricky Haters
WELDERPAT added by welderpat :lol: :lol:
drnewbee
thomas 54
saves
kb21
unifiedtheory
fanmarino?
dominizzo
csabe
ltdan662002 ?
saba-tooth ?
Agua
NaboCane
westvirginafan
kingnate85
jack o d1amonds
finswin56 ?
claytonand duper
rafael
nicky napoleon
ozzy
thewicked1isher
finaticpatch
alopez34
gr8slayer :wink: http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showpost.php?p=1230609&postcount=80

finsarelife
thefreaK41
jaketaylor
rainmaker1313 ?
Ark139954
rebar71
beejay05
mikeo
phinzoner
bigbucks24

(more to come)

Ideserve to be on the top of the list, I hate that scumbag. If he comes back he wont be nothing but camp fodder for the defense to tee off on :lol: :lol:
The best he could hope for is after his 4 game suspension he might could make it as high as 3 on the depth chart behind Brown and Gordon.

Ricky did the best thing for this franchise.

Instead of going 10-6 and getting knocked out of the 1st round and having Dave Wanny back this year, we have a quality running back in Brown and a new coaching staff.

You people can whine and cry about last year, but we haven't won anything with Ricky, what makes you think with Ricky this team would have been any better?

For the team mates in the locker room not trusting him, well, I guess that's something that grown men usually get over, with an apology. Ricky didn't kill this team last year, Wanny did. I for one want him back, to play a year, and then trade him. We have his replacement. I want a return on that investment. Simple as that.

put me on the whats best for the dolphins bandwagon also. I dispised ricky for what he did and that next day on sunday me and my brother wore all black to church becuase i was so disgusted. foolish i kno but i was jus tryin my best to make light of the situation. THen I said NOWAY i would ever want him back especially after all he did after everything was over with 60 minutes and so on. But now with everything that has happened, the saban hiring for the most part, my stance has changed. Saban to this point hasnt done ne thing yet to lose our trust. He has done everything right. So i believe theres no reason to question him now. this is his job and hes taking it very serious. As one poster said before, if the players can forgive him and welcome him back it would be foolish for us not to.

P.S. IF Ricky does come back and is even 75 percent of what he used to be, Ricky and Ronnie will dominate like no team has seen before. Scott L im sure is chompin at the bit as me makes the new MIA 05 playbook with all of the posibilities he now has.

FaninPatsyLand said:
I think this part of football is overblown. This isn't a sport like baseball where you have to play with these people for 162 games (or more.) It's at very most 20 games. I think the locker room cancer in a sport like football is overrated.

Ricky Williams has never been a cancer at ANY point in his career. With the Saints he had a social disease, but I don't consider that being a weight on the rest of the players in that locker room.

On the other hand you have guys like T.O. who have thrown hissy fits at their offensive coordinators on the sidelines. Well, Philly took him with open arms this year, and they found themselves in the Super Bowl. While I think history allows us to judge what type of person Ricky Williams is, I don't think we can question his attitude in the locker room based on nothing.

You obviously have never played organized sports...The locker room or team chemistry can mean the difference between a good team and a great team...by your analysis, the 94 or 95 fins (can't remember which, but Shula's last year) should have been a SB team..we had all the talent you could ask for..something like 21 1st round talents...a great QB, all the pieces..but it never came to fruition because of several cancers on the team...

But, I do have to agree that RW has not been a cancer in the lockerroom (that we are aware of) here. The question, is how well he is received by the leaders of the team...(ZT, JT, SM, RM, CC, AJ, etc). If he earns their respect back, fine...if not it will come back to haunt us at some time in the future...

Doktor Ivel said:
why couldnt this happen too Ronnie Brown?
you are being biased, although its more likely to happen to ricky, you cant judge him like that

Who's biased???? :eek: :confused: I'm really tired of hearing about Ricky from a 15 year old so called phin fan called "Dr. Ivel".. Realize the facts, I say...:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom