Just for the record | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Just for the record

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mark me down for not caring either way, I want to improve our team in any way possible without causing a distraction.

I am a Ricky supporter. I hope he comes back.

I also think a thread should be made about all of the arguements made. The qb situation, ricky, boston, what we maybe should have done in the draft and anything else. There has been a lot of s*** talking and I think everything should be on the record, not just ricky.

I just want this team to WIN, and I'm all for anything that is going to help us achieve that goal, be it taking Ricky back or letting him rot..

Doktor Ivel said:
why couldnt this happen too Ronnie Brown?
you are being biased, although its more likely to happen to ricky, you cant judge him like that
No, you have to judge him like that. When you have a person who has repeatedly gotten in trouble for drugs. Neglects his 3 children by three women. And quit on his team at the absolute worst time you could. People have the right, in fact people should question whether it will happen again. Ricky cannot be trusted. He is only returnig to football for the money. His heart will probably never be in football again. On the other hand you have a guy like Brown who has been nothing short of a class act since he was young kid.

As far as the original post of throwing the success of the team in people's faces that don't want Ricky seems a little petty. I for one, am not not in favor of bringing him in because I think that is best for the team. Yes, a tandem of RW and Ronnie Brown working together seems very inticing, but this is a guy who could potentially be a locker room cancer. We also have some good backs on the team not named Ricky Williams. Lamar Gordon when healthy is very talented. Kay-Jay Harris could end up being very good as well. If Ricky is brought in and it works out that would be great. Obviously it would make us a great team. I just don't know that I would take the risk. But to say that you will rub it in my face is just a little silly. We are all Dolphins fans here, and if that happens we should all be happy the team is doing well. If the team is doing well without Ricky I'm not going to go on here and bash the pro Ricky people.

sports24/7 said:
but this is a guy who could potentially be a locker room cancer.

I think this part of football is overblown. This isn't a sport like baseball where you have to play with these people for 162 games (or more.) It's at very most 20 games. I think the locker room cancer in a sport like football is overrated.

Ricky Williams has never been a cancer at ANY point in his career. With the Saints he had a social disease, but I don't consider that being a weight on the rest of the players in that locker room.

On the other hand you have guys like T.O. who have thrown hissy fits at their offensive coordinators on the sidelines. Well, Philly took him with open arms this year, and they found themselves in the Super Bowl. While I think history allows us to judge what type of person Ricky Williams is, I don't think we can question his attitude in the locker room based on nothing.

Nublar7 said:
You can put me down as a person who likes Ricky Williams the player, but HATES Ricky Williams the person.
I liked ricky as a player but now i am the opposite of you

I am going on the record saying the guy will not play a down of football in the NFL ever again. He is too small, lacks heart, and is a quitter. If he wants to be playing in July, then he has to be back in training. I doubt he is. How can het gain 30 pounds of muslce back in that time. Sans Juice. Let the guy sit in a dope haze for all of eternity.

Edit to add. I mean he won't make it past training camp. First round cut. If he manages to somehow stay, it was because of who he is. He will never play a game again.

i am a ricky supporter and im going to laugh if both of them rush close to a thousend yards a pice? go ronnie and ricky

ohall said:
I trust Saban.
Me too. I think Saban knows what is best for the team. Considering the media restrictions I also believe he will not let this become a distracrion as Wannstadt did.

Everyone, dont get offended or anything if your name is on the Ricky hater list..... I dont even know why I care, but I would like to keep track of all the ricky haters. Like I said, when Ricky + Ronnie are having all these amazing games, and all of us dolfans are going nuts b/c our team is just beyond amazing, I wanna be able to say, "Hey ______, I'm glad you've come to your senses" :D

p.s. I'll be editing alot, adding names of the Ricky haters thus far. if you have a question mark by your name, I'm only assuming you have your thumbs down for ricky's return based on your post

Fans against Ricky coming back to the phins

welderpat
drnewbee
thomas 54
saves
kb21
unifiedtheory
fanmarino?
dominizzo
csabe
ltdan662002 ?
saba-tooth ?
Agua
NaboCane
westvirginafan
kingnate85
jack o d1amonds
finswin56 ?
claytonand duper
rafael
nicky napoleon
ozzy
thewicked1isher
finaticpatch
alopez34
gr8slayer :wink: http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showpost.php?p=1230609&postcount=80

finsarelife
thefreaK41
jaketaylor
rainmaker1313 ?
Ark139954
rebar71
beejay05
mikeo
phinzoner
bigbucks24
phinsforever
marino1983
heffer111
always13
ryancall32
yankeehillbilly

(more to come)

Put me down as someone who is completely against Ricky Williams coming close to this team. Reading some of these posts, it is obvious that several of you have no experience in organized sports and don't understand the meaning of the word team.

Do you realize that if Ricky is on this team, the team will not be a 53 man roster? It will be a 52 man roster plus 1, because none of the 52 other players on this roster will ever trust Ricky Williams to not flake out on them again. What kind of cohesiveness do you think will happen if there is one player on the team that no one trusts?

KB21 said:
Put me down as someone who is completely against Ricky Williams coming close to this team. Reading some of these posts, it is obvious that several of you have no experience in organized sports and don't understand the meaning of the word team.

Do you realize that if Ricky is on this team, the team will not be a 53 man roster? It will be a 52 man roster plus 1, because none of the 52 other players on this roster will ever trust Ricky Williams to not flake out on them again. What kind of cohesiveness do you think will happen if there is one player on the team that no one trusts?

KB, haven't you heard that Zach and company are already open to his return if it helps us win? I really dont think team chemistry will be an issue, not on Saban's watch

FaninPatsyLand said:
I think this part of football is overblown. This isn't a sport like baseball where you have to play with these people for 162 games (or more.) It's at very most 20 games. I think the locker room cancer in a sport like football is overrated.

Ricky Williams has never been a cancer at ANY point in his career. With the Saints he had a social disease, but I don't consider that being a weight on the rest of the players in that locker room.

On the other hand you have guys like T.O. who have thrown hissy fits at their offensive coordinators on the sidelines. Well, Philly took him with open arms this year, and they found themselves in the Super Bowl. While I think history allows us to judge what type of person Ricky Williams is, I don't think we can question his attitude in the locker room based on nothing.

That's not exactly true. In NO RW complained b/c the OL made jokes during film review. He was so sensitive he felt the jokes were at his expense. There were also many complaints about RW never becoming part of the locker room. The problem is a trust issue. If you're a QB you have to trust that the RB will pick up the blitz. If you don't you end up looking for the rusher instead of looking down the field. The play never succeeds solely b/c you didn't trust someone else to do their job. Same thing for linemen. What about the OC? If he doesn't trust a player to be around, will he fully incorporate him into the game plan? If he does, is he creating backup scenarios in case the unreliable guy reverts to form? RW already admitted that he didn't play as hard last year and the truth was he was never great at pass pro in the first place. There are many reasons not trust RW and lack of trust prevents a football team from reaching it's potential. You can call it chemistry or whatever, but a team needs trust to function.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom