Just for the record | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Just for the record

Status
Not open for further replies.
xXxpHiN34 said:
You have to admit......there is waaaaaay too much crying and moaning about Ricky coming back to the team.

Just for the record, I'm gonna keep track of all the Ricky haters, and when Ricky and Ronnie are busting 100 yard games a piece, and we're winning games left and right, all Ricky haters that praise him will be none other than hypocrites.
AGAIN,,,, that is YOUR opinion.....
You can also list me as a Williams "hater"!!
Funny how a guy can wait until the start of t-c to retire,, admits that he smoked weed,, humps camel's in Iraq,, tells everyone that he is tired of football and doesn't care about money,, makes some disparaging remarks about teammates etc. etc. ,,,But everything should be forgiven :rolleyes2..
Now Williams and the media are trying to convince anyone who cares that he has changed his mind once again and wants to come back to Miami and expects everyone to forget what he did last season and focus on the future,,,I guess so he can stick around long enough to pay back his 8 million dollar debt!!!!
I mean this guy basically holds his middle finger up to anyone who has anything to do with the Phins and YOU Ricky huggers just turn the other cheek and bend over for more....
:lol2:

Marino1983

Marino1983 said:
AGAIN,,,, that is YOUR opinion.....
You can also list me as a Williams "hater"!!
Funny how a guy can wait until the start of t-c to retire,, admits that he smoked weed,, humps camel's in Iraq,, tells everyone that he is tired of football and doesn't care about money,, makes some disparaging remarks about teammates etc. etc. ,,,But everything should be forgiven :rolleyes2..
Now Williams and the media are trying to convince anyone who cares that he has changed his mind once again and wants to come back to Miami and expects everyone to forget what he did last season and focus on the future,,,I guess so he can stick around long enough to pay back his 8 million dollar debt!!!!
I mean this guy basically holds his middle finger up to anyone who has anything to do with the Phins and YOU Ricky huggers just turn the other cheek and bend over for more....
:lol2:

Marino1983

:roflmao: pathetic post! :lol:

xXxpHiN34 said:
all Ricky haters that praise him will be none other than hypocrites.

Huh? Ricky is a phenomenal talent, but an @$$hole. There's praise and a demonstration of personal disdain for him contained in a single sentence. How do you deduce that someone who makes that statement is a hypocrit? I think Thurman Thomas was a phenomenal talent but disliked him as well; does that make me a Bills fan?

Your little test is invalid because it does not measure what you purport that it measures, i.e., hypocracy.

xXxpHiN34 said:
You have to admit......there is waaaaaay too much crying and moaning about Ricky coming back to the team.

Just for the record, I'm gonna keep track of all the Ricky haters, and when Ricky and Ronnie are busting 100 yard games a piece, and we're winning games left and right, all Ricky haters that praise him will be none other than hypocrites.

If Ricky plays as a Fin, then I will root for him as I do for every Dolphin.
But, I will NEVER wear his jersey or cheer him personally. I wouldn't blink if I read that Ricky changed his mind again and decided to stay home and do whatever. I can't forget his selfish actions and act like nothing ever happened.

KB21 said:
Put me down as someone who is completely against Ricky Williams coming close to this team. Reading some of these posts, it is obvious that several of you have no experience in organized sports and don't understand the meaning of the word team.

Do you realize that if Ricky is on this team, the team will not be a 53 man roster? It will be a 52 man roster plus 1, because none of the 52 other players on this roster will ever trust Ricky Williams to not flake out on them again. What kind of cohesiveness do you think will happen if there is one player on the team that no one trusts?

We are talking about millionaires, not college kids. If Ricky comes back and help us win games, He will become part of the team. Kb you know Saban better than me, so would questions his decision to brign RW back? Now, I'm not sayin gyou are wrong, I just think what RW did had to have happen for us to have this Fresh breath of air.

Agua said:
Huh? Ricky is a phenomenal talent, but an @$$hole. There's praise and a demonstration of personal disdain for him contained in a single sentence. How do you deduce that someone who makes that statement is a hypocrit? I think Thurman Thomas was a phenomenal talent but disliked him as well; does that make me a Bills fan?

Your little test is invalid because it does not measure what you purport that it measures, i.e., hypocracy.

I think your missing the point. I just want to keep track of the people who are against him coming back right now. If these same people jump on his bandwagon once he starts doing well, I want to be able to look back and say........"Uh huh, look at all the wins we're posting up, I'm glad you all have come to your senses."

this isn't a "I told you so" or "oh, all you people that bashed him, and now praise him suck!!" thread. Im not like that. Just a little reminder;)

xXxpHiN34 said:
I think your missing the point. I just want to keep track of the people who are against him coming back right now. If these same people jump on his bandwagon once he starts doing well, I want to be able to look back and say........"Uh huh, look at all the wins we're posting up, I'm glad you all have come to your senses."

this isn't a "I told you so" or "oh, all you people that bashed him, and now praise him suck!!" thread. Im not like that. Just a little reminder;)

Hmm... Odd. I thought calling someone a hypocrit, as you did in your first post, to be the equivalent of saying someone "sucks", and, as you stated in your last post, "look at all the wins we're posting up, glad you came to your senses" to be about the same as "I told you so". Guess I did miss your point. (shrug).

What a monumentally insignificant way to invest your time.

Ricky may help the team win an extra game or two, but the Phins are not a playoff team with him, and it would probably be better for the team in the longrun if Ricky is not on the team. I really could careless if he comes back, but the minute he starts being a distraction they've gotta cut him, and whose to say he won't wake up one day in the middle of the season and decide he wants to go study holistic medicine and smoke grass with Lenny Kravitz? Ricky is unpredictable if he really wants to play football then he's good, but I don't think he wants to play it's more of a matter that he has to play so I don't know if it's a good idea for him to be on the team.

Well the way I see it. Ricky is more of a distraction more than anything.First off he left us cold at a time when we really needed a back. And he left us with no time to pick up a replacement. Thats why we drafted Ronnie.

A big question I wonder is will he be the same kind of player he was when he left. After being out of football for over a year you really have to wonder. And after losing all of that weight. Getting back into his former playing shape will not be easy.

Then you have to wonder if he is going to be able to pass a drug test because we all know he loves to toke it up.

I am not sure but if he only will be suspended for 4 games then doesn't that mean he can't practice with team until suspension is over with which will be four games into season.

Don't get me wrong I wouldn't mind having a back of his abilities if he comes back to form. But there are a lot of things working against him. The biggest being able to pass a drug test. And then you have to worry about what the team chemistry will be like if he is back.

Personally i think the best thing would be to get rid of him somehow if we could.Because you never know when he will change his mind and burn us. me personally I think he is out of cash and wants us to get rid of his debt to us. because he can't pay. In which if he comes back I am sure we will somehow have to restructure his contract to protect us from being burnt again.

but as the saying goes a leopard doesn't change his spots.

Agua said:
Hmm... Odd. I thought calling someone a hypocrit, as you did in your first post, to be the equivalent of saying someone "sucks", and, as you stated in your last post, "look at all the wins we're posting up, glad you came to your senses" to be about the same as "I told you so". Guess I did miss your point. (shrug).

Yeah, sure did

xXxpHiN34 said:

Not all who do not want Ricky back are Ricky haters. I for example feel bad for him with all of his problems. I think that social phobia thing must be murder for a star athlete. I remember hearing that he sometimes did not play his hrdest at Texas because he did not want to face the press. Imagine that stress on a competitive athlete who knows there are expectations for him. Anyway, I enjoyed watching him run as much as anyone.

That said, I would only like to see him in uniform doing well again so we could get a fair trade for him once he re-establishes himself. That is just because I think he carries too much risk to just leave unexpectedly again. I know he seems to like Saban, but what happens when he does not agree with some things that Saban does? Would he walk again?

Of course he has said he will play for 2 seasons, which sounds realistic and honest. However that would ruin my hopes of trading him.

The whole thing becomes less important anyway unless Ronnie Brown is a bust. At least he would take some of the wear and tear from Ronnie. So you go ahead and log that as a Ricky hater, hypocrite, or whatever you want bub.:lol:

xXxpHiN34 said:
Yeah, sure did

Well, care to tell us what the point is this time? Or will it change again when someone points out the inconsistencies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom