Just for the record | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Just for the record

Status
Not open for further replies.
GRYPHONK said:
lol!!!

Does he owe you or us the fans, or the team an apology?

He doesn't really owe the fans anything. If you want him to apologize or acknowledge what he did to the team? Well he already did that.

He made it public he was selfish and hurt the team. He didn't use excuses simply said he was wrong!!!

So what do you want? You want him to apologize to you personally. Someone he didn't know? Someone who he didn't get on the football field with? Someone who means absolutely nothing to him?

Morally, yes he should apologize. Because only in theory did he truly let the fans down.

Realistically, he doesn't owe the fans any excuses or apologies. Cause in reality he let the team not the fans down.

The fans are an extended arm to the team. Although distant in our irreducible elementary affect on game decisions, the fans do play an integral part in the make up of any organization -- spanning sports, dialects, climates, creeds and species.

In letting the team down, Ricky therefore let the fans down, abstaining to any moral specifics. But it goes further than that from a fans P.O.V. From my window of complexity I don't see forgiveness in a mere apology -- I see Ricky needing to MAKE IT UP to this organization. Proving himself beyond reason.

How is any apology justifiable, any miniscule slither of morality acceptable when he lashes back, holding on to his final dollars. And with an evident cry of liklihood that his coming back is in majority to refrain from the incumbence of any more debts and fees he already has.

It's my opinion, like it or not -- But I only see Ricky coming back to clutch his pay check. Whether he takes a cut or what ever, it's better than the financial aid he'll be getting from Grassmonkeyville University.

Call it skepticism. Call it blind-minded parity. Call it what you wish but if Ricky is coming back, he better make a damn good footprint in the face of football.

xXxpHiN34 said:
You can do what you want bud.

btw, what Ricky does off the field isn't any of our business. So who cares?

many act as if he will be the focal point of the offense again, and its stupid to trust him again. NEWS FLASH!!!! we have Ronnie Brown now, not to mention an OC in Linehan that knows what he is doing.

then why add this distraction to our team?! yea people make mistakes -- so does that mean ricky can keep doing whatever the hell he wants, and then use that excuse everytime thereafter?!

Doktor Ivel said:
why would he go to jail? ???

ahh, becuase he did an ILLEGAL drug again?
or maybe becuase he failed to pay child support on one of his children?

there are many reasons that ricky could go to jail -- but he is (or was) a professional athlete, so i guess the rules don't apply to him!

xXxpHiN34 said:
Everyone, dont get offended or anything if your name is on the Ricky hater list..... I dont even know why I care, but I would like to keep track of all the ricky haters. Like I said, when Ricky + Ronnie are having all these amazing games, and all of us dolfans are going nuts b/c our team is just beyond amazing, I wanna be able to say, "Hey ______, I'm glad you've come to your senses" :D

p.s. I'll be editing alot, adding names of the Ricky haters thus far. if you have a question mark by your name, I'm only assuming you have your thumbs down for ricky's return based on your post

Fans against Ricky coming back to the phins

welderpat
drnewbee
thomas 54
saves
kb21
unifiedtheory
fanmarino?
dominizzo
csabe
ltdan662002 ?
saba-tooth ?
Agua
NaboCane
westvirginafan
kingnate85
jack o d1amonds
finswin56 ?
claytonand duper
rafael
nicky napoleon
ozzy
thewicked1isher
finaticpatch
alopez34
gr8slayer :wink: http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showpost.php?p=1230609&postcount=80

finsarelife
thefreaK41
jaketaylor
rainmaker1313 ?
Ark139954
rebar71
beejay05
mikeo
phinzoner
bigbucks24
phinsforever
marino1983
heffer111
always13

(more to come)

don't forget to add me to your list too!

Waterboy said:
Like it or not, Ricky truly helped this team! Him quitting set forth a chain of events that helped our team in the long run. I was mad at 1st when he quit but now looking back, WOW!!! He helped the team! So all I can say is Thank you, Ricky but please don't do that Sh_t again! As long as you have a Dolphin jersey on your back and scoring TD's all is forgiven.

So it was a good thing that Jay and AJ threw all those "pick sixes"? And it was a good thing that the O-line acted like turnstiles? And it was a good thing that McMike dropped the balls he did? And it was a good thing that Konrad was hurt. They are all hero's cause what they did helped us lose and get rid of Wanny? I don't hate Ricky, but I do truly hate this line of reason. All hail Ricky because he quit and that helped get rid of Wanny. That, my friend, is pitiful.

Bigbucks24 said:
So it was a good thing that Jay and AJ threw all those "pick sixes"? And it was a good thing that the O-line acted like turnstiles? And it was a good thing that McMike dropped the balls he did? And it was a good thing that Konrad was hurt. They are all hero's cause what they did helped us lose and get rid of Wanny? I don't hate Ricky, but I do truly hate this line of reason. All hail Ricky because he quit and that helped get rid of Wanny. That, my friend, is pitiful.

Great post. I couldn't agree more!

I've always tried to support Ricky and his situation.... I would love to see him get back into football and straighten up his life.... I all the crap heads who are bashing him will choose to just shut up when him and Ronnie are tearing it up next season instead of praising them like hypocrites

GRYPHONK said:
lol!!!

Does he owe you or us the fans, or the team an apology?

He doesn't really owe the fans anything. If you want him to apologize or acknowledge what he did to the team? Well he already did that.

He made it public he was selfish and hurt the team. He didn't use excuses simply said he was wrong!!!

So what do you want? You want him to apologize to you personally. Someone he didn't know? Someone who he didn't get on the football field with? Someone who means absolutely nothing to him?

Morally, yes he should apologize. Because only in theory did he truly let the fans down.

Realistically, he doesn't owe the fans any excuses or apologies. Cause in reality he let the team not the fans down.

He said something close to that. It was also bunched in with about ten other things including that he did not care what the fans thought of him, and went on to say he does not owe anyone an appology, including his former teamates.

You can take things however you like but you don't see me saying hey people whos with me on this do you? It's my opinion that he owes the fans, ESPECIALLY the season ticket holders an appology.

If I have to deal with him coming back, "like it or not", everyone is going to have to read my spit about it.........like it or not.

Ozzy said:
He said something close to that. It was also bunched in with about ten other things including that he did not care what the fans thought of him, and went on to say he does not owe anyone an appology, including his former teamates.

You can take things however you like but you don't see me saying hey people whos with me on this do you? It's my opinion that he owes the fans, ESPECIALLY the season ticket holders an appology.

If I have to deal with him coming back, "like it or not", everyone is going to have to read my spit about it.........like it or not.

it's almost as if ricky comes back, some people think all is ok. if saban brings him back, i will still root and support my team. personally i think bringing him back would be a mistake, but i will leave that to saban. if he returns i do not have to like it...even if he does well. not wanting ricky back does not make me anti-dolphins. :shakeno:

people should just let it go.

Im feeling left out. Why isnt my name on the list??? I take pride in opposing a player that probably wont make it through the season w/out quitting or getting suspended, will be a distraction, won't give 100%, refuses to accept responsibility for his actions, and in my view will be far more of a liability than an asset to my beloved Phins. Yet somehow my name is left off the list? "Yankeehillbilly" should be at the TOP of the list, in big bold multicolored letters :lol:

xXxpHiN34 said:
:roflmao: pathetic post! :lol:
:huh:
Considering that YOU are the one that started this "pathetic" thread of constant space-cadet-Ricky regurgitation who are YOU to judge my "post"??
clear.gif

Marino1983

Ozzy said:
Now don't go getting offended by my reply here......like you said right?

I'd like to answer your I don't even know why I care sentence.

Brutha you have been sniffing Ricky's jock since the day he left, blaming everything but the real reason, as to why he did what he did. And every time someone like myself says something bad about him, it makes you mad. Don't even try and tell me it don't because otherwise you would have never made this thread.

Again, don't get offended OK? Like you said right?

I understand that your reasons are plain and simple. You are a Ricky Williams fan, and I'll never hold that against you.

See for me it's also simple. I am a team fan, not really a players fan. Take Patrick Surtain for example. He was my favorite player to watch for the last two years, but the second he was traded he became the enemy. Had Dan Marino signed with the Vikings, and had he started for them when they played Miami that year, he would have been the enemy. I would have wanted that to be his worst game. Ten sacks, 15 ints, and 7 fumbles, to go along with a black eye, and multiple bruises!!

Ricky totally dissed my team, and that my friend is a no no!

I don't think you will ever get the chance to call me anything in this situation though because I don't care if he breaks a 99 yard TD run on his first carry. I'll be jumping up and down because my team just scored 6 points, but while I'm jumping I won't be clapping. You know why? Because my hands will be tied up shooting him the bird!!!!

But you do need to be corrected here. I do not hate Ricky Williams the person. I just do not think, he deserves FOOTBALL!!!! Especially the Miami Dolphins!!!

Now let him apologize to the fans, with no excuses needed. Just a plain, Yo my bad, would do. Then, and only then will I ever reconsider.
:up:
My thoughts to a T Ozzy....
Williams is a great talent but what little bit of mind he has, is in another time-zone....
:D

Marino1983

xXxpHiN34 [b said:
My whole theory is that is that if/when Ricky comes back and contributes positively to the team, that the Ricky nay-sayers will be right back on the "Run-Ricky-Run" bandwagon. All I plan on doing is pointing it out, and saying how wrong it is do something to a human being like that. ya know? saying stuff like, "Oh I dont want that low life scumb bag anywhere near this team"........only to say later , "Wow! What a great 30 yard TD by Ricky!!!....I'm so glad he's back, I never doubted him for a second......Run-Ricky-Run"!!! (know what I mean????)[/b]

Again, I wont laugh in your face and said i told you so, I wont be mad one bit, I'll just point out the serious character flaws in the band wagon jumpers. (but i wont be upset one bit!!!)

If you call out any person about it, you will either be laughing at them or hoping everyone else will instead. I MEAN WHY ELSE POINT IT OUT?????????

Yes, I'm saying that I think your little self made system is either flawed, or your just full of it........You can't have everything your way just because your in love with Ricky Williams, and can't stand people hating on him.

xXxpHiN34 said:
:roflmao: pathetic post! :lol:

Why is it a terrible post? Could it be because your too blind to see that it could all be true? Or is it because his opinion just does not match yours??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom