****Justin Herbert Super Thread**** | Page 119 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Justin Herbert Super Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prepare yourself for Major disappointment if you are hoping for Tua. Grier is a Disciple of the Parcells regime. Height weight College resume criteria. I am not saying it’s the right choice, but it is exactly what I believe Happens.
Maybe, but consider this. For months everyone just assumed it would be Tua. As we get closer to the draft the disinformation campaign hits high gear, and all of a sudden everyone changes their minds and says Herbert. The timing and amount of that smoke makes me think it's a smokescreen.

I do know that 1.5 years ago, there were definitely people in the Dolphins front office who saw Herbert as the top prospect over Tua ... but Tua continued to fine tune his efficient game, whereas Herbert did not make great progress addressing his inconsistencies in footwork, timing and anticipation, pre-snap reads, progressions, etc. He improved slightly ... but not as much as everyone had hoped or expected. And there's a question of his leadership style. Coach Flo has made a very clear priority to get alpha-males in the locker room to lead the positions groups. I can't think he's going to prioritize size, arm talent, intelligence and athleticism (Herbert's superior traits) over leadership, accuracy, route progression, and timing (Tua's superior traits). Yes, the durability question is a big red flag. We had a hip injury here and it ruined Mike Pouncey's career, so there's definitely ghosts haunting any choice for Tua. We've had injury prone players that just can't seem to stay durable. The Dolphins GM graveyard is filled with guys who drafted those non-durable players. So we may pass on Tua.

But the sudden change of talking heads at the last minute ... just feels like a smokescreen to me.

wow what a dumb qualification
So is your existence

how is that dumb? Enlighten us. The guy played on an offense that didn’t provide him with allstar talent around him at the skill position. What are you not getting. I’m not saying isnt the most talented player but the guy was surrounded with nothing but multiple weapons who were top not in an Alabama system. Listen, I get your love for Tua’s jockstrap but he’s not the end or be all, he can’t stay healthy. Dumb pick at 5

I am not sure on Tua or herbert but I think they will pick tua..either way u might get fired. Tua give u best chance keep ur job but I would draft another qb in later round w tua

So is your existence

how is that dumb? Enlighten us. The guy played on an offense that didn’t provide him with allstar talent around him at the skill position. What are you not getting. I’m not saying isnt the most talented player but the guy was surrounded with nothing but multiple weapons who were top not in an Alabama system. Listen, I get your love for Tua’s jockstrap but he’s not the end or be all, he can’t stay healthy. Dumb pick at 5

you mad bro

its dumb because the premise of the thread is "Hebert is the pick". if one of the reasons that the premise is true is because Oregon sucks then you don't get to be GM. take the BPA then instead of crying that we should take a guy that didn't carry his team

The best part about today is that we will get to know what we have in Chris Grier. If he goes with Herbert, we know he is trash as a GM, if we get Tua, we will see that he isnt scared to gamble on greatness.

5- Andrew Thomas
18- Justin Herbert
26- Cesar Ruiz

Will fans melt down at this?
It seems like a number of the mock drafts are now going with Thomas at 5. If he is the pick I doubt Herbert would still be on the board at 18 and if the Dolphins still are looking at drafting a QB it would probably be Love. I still believe it will be Tua but if they traded Tunsil so they could end up drafting a LT with their first pick in the draft, that would make a lot of fans including me a bit upset.
Tunsil was a Pro Bowl player in the NFL last season and Thomas did not play as well last yea as he played the previous year and that was in college.

Last edited:
Kiper just changed his mind, pronounced everything as smoke screens, snd predicted that we will take Tua.
Kiper's bit is to predict as many draft scenarios possible for each team so he can later say he was right.

The best part about today is that we will get to know what we have in Chris Grier. If he goes with Herbert, we know he is trash as a GM, if we get Tua, we will see that he isnt scared to gamble on greatness.

We’d also know Flo needs to go as well because either he didn’t fight hard enough On the behalf of our team or can’t identify good leadership and offensive talent. There’s a lot riding on this pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom