****Justin Herbert Super Thread**** | Page 32 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Justin Herbert Super Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh did I mention the injury history he was playing pansy D in the PAC 12 wait till he faces the NFL in that gangly frame

Feel like I am one of the few talking about this, at 6'6 to be only 227 doesnt bode well for durability IMO. His game calls for some running and mobility, and honestly cannot remember him sliding before (which I could be totally wrong). He isnt an inherent injury risk im not saying he will be a bust, ALL I am saying is he is THIIIIIIIN and the guys who have the longest career and excel in the NFL are guys who are built more stout. Being slimly built, hits may not injure you but they will certainly wear you down and a guy who needs his legs as part of his game this could cause a dip of production which then could lead to poor play or getting hurt because you are either tentative or tired.

The NFL is moving towards more games in the regular season and it has to be considered.

Feel like I am one of the few talking about this, at 6'6 to be only 227 doesnt bode well for durability IMO. His game calls for some running and mobility, and honestly cannot remember him sliding before (which I could be totally wrong). He isnt an inherent injury risk im not saying he will be a bust, ALL I am saying is he is THIIIIIIIN and the guys who have the longest career and excel in the NFL are guys who are built more stout. Being slimly built hits, may not injure you but they will certainly wear you down and a guy who need his legs as part of his game this could cause a dip of production which then could lead to poor play or getting hurt because you are either tentative or tired.

The NFL is moving towards more games in the regular season and it has to be considered.
Those big hits that J Allen took against Houston in the POs payed off for Houston in the end and that guy is a brick house

Herbert has had some shoulder issues that weren’t as terrible as the collarbone but he is a def a potential injury risk away in a league where they will encourage him to run for a first rather than pass for a first

He falls into Burrow category for me when it comes to the run - NFL D love the running QB when he doesn’t have the quick twitch miss moves

Those big hits that J Allen took against Houston in the POs payed off for Houston in the end and that guy is a brick house

Herbert has had some shoulder issues that weren’t as terrible as the collarbone but he is a def a potential injury risk away in a league where they will encourage him to run for a first rather than pass for a first

He falls into Burrow category for me when it comes to the run - NFL D love the running QB when he doesn’t have the quick twitch miss moves

His build is more of an Aaron Rodgers or Matt Stafford and both of those guys have been injured on and off their entire careers. Rodgers especially gets hurt on normal tackles, feel like his collarbone was him running to his left and a guy just tackled him.

I personally don’t think the gap is that big between the twos arm strength. And whatever edge Herbert has over love when it comes to decision making/athleticism, love trumps that gap w/ arm talent and touch.

Every scouting report I have seen disagrees with your assessment.

For example:

Notice the percieved strengths/weaknesses of the two.

in a league where they will encourage him to run for a first rather than pass for a first

What makes you say that? Most HCs don't want thier pocket passer doing that.

Nobody thinks Herbert is a Murray, or Jackson type of player. Sure, he may run when things break down, but I doubt a team would encourage that as a staple.

Every scouting report I have seen disagrees with your assessment.

For example:

Notice the percieved strengths/weaknesses of the two.

it also states Justin herberts strengths are: accurate passer, and throws receivers open.

those are just two bold faced lies. I’m not saying he sucks, but those certainly aren’t what his “strengths“ are

What makes you say that? Most HCs don't want thier pocket passer doing that.

Nobody thinks Herbert is a Murray, or Jackson type of player. Sure, he may run when things break down, but I doubt a team would encourage that as a staple.
He resorts to the run ALL the time - some pocket passer he will be lol

how many free steam bolts will he get in the NFL that he got in the PAC 12??

Walterfootball bad. Watch film good.
Pick any scouting site you want. They concur for the large majority.

WF was, as I said, an "example", and anyway thier individual player assessment is not that bad. It's when they start projecting the future, and doing mocks where everything goes south.

I encourage you to read other reports.

The only other QBs I’d be happy with if no Tua would be Love or Fromm and maybe Eason later in the draft.
I see another Tannehill whenever I look at Herbert. That’s another 7 years I don’t want wasted.

And also I’ve said this for months and months now that Most of my Jordan love takes are not gonna be what the masses will agree w/

months ago I said I’d take him at #5 and quite frankly I still would.

people are drawing up scouting reports based on 2019. 2018 scouting report looked a little different, they raved about what he cools do they just said he was raw

He didn’t do himself many favors this year but that story has been beat to death.

Jordan love strengths:

• Can make beautiful throws downfield
  • Can make all the throws required
  • Can throw touch passes
  • Can make superb throws off platform

Weaknesses:
  • Poor field vision
  • Has to improve working through his progressions
  • Must get more consistent at reading defenses
  • Often stares down his primary read
  • Needs to learn to move coverage with his eyes
  • Could stand to improve decision-making
  • Has some turnover issues
  • Accuracy issues
  • Will need to improve footwork
  • Not ready to play; needs development

Pick any scouting site you want. They concur for the large majority.

WF was, as I said, an "example", and anyway thier individual player assessment is not that bad. It's when they start projecting the future, and doing mocks where everything goes south.

I encourage you to read other reports.

I have. No it's bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom