****Justin Herbert Super Thread**** | Page 34 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Justin Herbert Super Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the “he didn’t have to go to class” thing is one of the more silly factors people are using to evaluate burrows record breaking season

A large majority of these guys are here to play football. They aren’t all book worms that go to classes in brick and mortar buildings 4 days a week. Some are

but borrow isn’t the yellow elephant sticking out amongst a bunch of kids drowning in school work. Everyone takes online classes and has help

I’m just saying... the thinking of most is that Tua has done it more than Burrow, but he hasn’t.

Burrow had the greatest season in college history... Tua did not... Burrow stayed healthy, Tua hasn’t.

This Herberts thread

We already have a Tua thread why do you keep trying to steal Herbert's thunder by bring Tua and Burrow up?

Doesn’t Tua just smack of obvious even I can see the brilliance

I think Herbert dropped weight prior to the senior bowl to run a better # at the combine. He was 227 there we will see what he is in a week.

but I think he’s destined to play in the nfl in the 235 range.

Most of what I see has Herbert at 237 or 238 lbs, not bad for his height. He looks to have a good frame, I think he'll put on some weight.

Last edited:
Herbert weighed in at 227 at the senior bowl weigh in.

again I don’t think he will play at that weight as a pro. Heavier

No. Tua has a very accurate, average at best strength arm. Most seem to think that a healthy Tua would be a no brainer NFL stud, I see more

Most of what I see has Herbert at 237 or 238 lbs, not bad for his height. He looks to have a good frame, I think he'll put on some weight.

It isn't how fast it arrives what matters is location and that it arrives ~ I don't post about the Incumbent anymore on Herbert's thread

Herbert has plenty of arm talent lots of QBs have arm talent until the bullets fly they get skittish and try to run for first downs in college?? Not gonna fly in the NFL on a consistent basis unless the QB has the quick twitch even then consider how the hits pile up over the course of a career

It isn't how fast it arrives what matters is location and that it arrives ~ I don't post about the Incumbent anymore on Herbert's thread

Herbert has plenty of arm talent lots of QBs have arm talent until the bullets fly they get skittish and try to run for first downs in college?? Not gonna fly in the NFL on a consistent basis unless the QB has the quick twitch even then consider how the hits pile up over the course of a career

If Herbert didn't have any questions about him he'd be the consensus #1 overall pick imo, healthy Tua or no healthy Tua. I still think the best comp is Josh Allen and I do have some questions about Herbert's accuracy, but I'm a buyer of the overall picture as I was with Allen. I see a high caliber pro arm and good touch in Herbert, want to see more as per mid range accuracy, interested to see how he may or may not flourish in a pro systems that dwarfs the crapitude he was stuck with in college. Also throwing to better receivers, but he did have a good O-Line. Bottom line I'm a buyer. I still think that Fromm's career and ability are getting tossed out with the proverbial bathwater because off an off year last year, there were some issues going on in Georgia- who did Fromm have to throw to, etc. I like Fromm, if we drafted him at #18 or #26 I'd be fine with that, but Herbert's arm is a cut above, not only Fromm but Tua's is well- and I do respect the accuracy of Tua, but his arm strength is pedestrian imo.

If Herbert didn't have any questions about him he'd be the consensus #1 overall pick imo, healthy Tua or no healthy Tua. I still think the best comp is Josh Allen and I do have some questions about Herbert's accuracy, but I'm a buyer of the overall picture as I was with Allen. I see a high caliber pro arm and good touch in Herbert, want to see more as per mid range accuracy, interested to see how he may or may not flourish in a pro systems that dwarfs the crapitude he was stuck with in college. Also throwing to better receivers, but he did have a good O-Line. Bottom line I'm a buyer. I still think that Fromm's career and ability are getting tossed out with the proverbial bathwater because off an off year last year, there were some issues going on in Georgia- who did Fromm have to throw to, etc. I like Fromm, if we drafted him at #18 or #26 I'd be fine with that, but Herbert's arm is a cut above, not only Fromm but Tua's is well- and I do respect the accuracy of Tua, but his arm strength is pedestrian imo.
I cant talk about Tua on this thread but Herbert is just terrible when it matters like in the game -> J Allen a big RB who has a cannon yippee -> he also doesn't have it between the ears these one read QBs like to take off with it looks grand in college ask Cam Newton how that is going for him now??

---------------------------

Herbert is a dream quarterback for an offensive coordinator who designs his offense around production between 10-30 yards downfield. Much of the Oregon offense involved stretching the field either laterally or vertically on a play to play basis, and this offense fit Herbert’s talents extremely well. Herbert has never had issues with taking what is given by a defense, and consistent yardage on quick throws to the boundaries showed off his strong decision making and willingness to fit into the system given to him.

Complimenting these intermediate and deep throws, Herbert’s vision beyond hook-zone defenders is extraordinary, able to identify holes in zone coverage behind defenders and place a perfectly dropped ball into the hands of his receivers. This kind of vision creates new areas of the field that safeties need to now bite on, and this only creates more opportunity for levels concepts on deep posts and bench concepts.

Downfield, Herbert has shown a strong ability to progress from read to read on advanced levels and flood concepts, which are extremely popular among NFL coaching staffs and is a strong sign for future success in the NFL. Many young quarterbacks get stuck on a single read, but not Herbert.

Fromm just isn't a 1st round talent and actually shouldn't get drafted before Day 3 to be perfectly honest. Small hands and was the quintessential game manager in college. You don't all of a sudden start pouring it on once you jump a league.

Fromm just isn't a 1st round talent and actually shouldn't get drafted before Day 3 to be perfectly honest. Small hands and was the quintessential game manager in college. You don't all of a sudden start pouring it on once you jump a league.

I think that his body of work speaks otherwise.

Take away his win-loss record which is a team statistic and tell me that it actually does.

Well for starters, 80 TD and 18 INT playing in the SEC. Maybe next his intelligence, ability to process information and play the position at a high level mentally, leadership qualities, perceived ability to transition easily to the NFL. Beat out Eason and Fields, sent them packing. Accuracy, 6-2 220 lb. size. Things like that. Good arm strength, not great, but in my mind a very good prospect.

Well for starters, 80 TD and 18 INT playing in the SEC. Maybe next his intelligence, ability to process information and play the position at a high level mentally, leadership qualities, perceived ability to transition easily to the NFL. Beat out Eason and Fields, sent them packing. Accuracy, 6-2 220 lb. size. Things like that. Good arm strength, not great, but in my mind a very good prospect.
I agree. People tend to forget how important Intelligence is, behind center. Fromm has that. His ability to process pre and post snap was highlighted several times in the games I saw him play in 2019. Most fans view athletic ability, arm strength and accuracy as the main ingredients to a great QB. But more often it's his intelligence that sets him apart.

I agree. People tend to forget how important Intelligence is, behind center. Fromm has that. His ability to process pre and post snap was highlighted several times in the games I saw him play in 2019. Most fans view athletic ability, arm strength and accuracy as the main ingredients to a great QB. But more often it's his intelligence that sets him apart.

Review the file of Jake Fromm and one thing you’ll discover is that the discipline that so inherent in this place has filtered into the life of its favorite son. A common narrative among those who knew Fromm growing up was that his wisdom and maturity were uncommonly “beyond his years.” While other kids were indifferent, callow, Fromm was the outlier, approaching life with an elevated degree of devotion and gusto. His teachers share that he seemed deft, if not ecclesiastical, in his ability to know when to cut up and when to be serious, and he separated himself from the flock by working harder than everyone else. When others went home, he put in a little bit more. When others said, “I’m done,” Fromm possessed the mental toughness to persevere. While others trailed, Fromm trail-blazed. Dr. Douglas Rizer, principal at HOCO High School, says that Jake led the entire weight room, a rare thing for a quarterback, and was often the last to walk off the field after drills. “It wasn’t your freshman or sophomore or somebody maybe who doesn’t start,” Rizer said. “It was the star quarterback staying late to go pick up the cones from practice.”

That discipline bled over into his studies. One of the more understated aspects of Fromm’s vast wheelhouse of talent is his intelligence and academic propensity. As his mentors reveal, this wunderkind is not just good at throwing a football; he is, as they say in the movie Good Will Hunting, “wicked smaht.” Tammy Strickland, who taught Fromm at Mossy Creek Middle School, underscores the quarterback’s mathematical chops. “In the thousands of students I’ve taught over 24 years, he is probably in the Top 10. Not top 10 percent, Top 10 of those students,” Strickland stresses.

Describing Fromm as “erudite,” his former math teacher said he has been gifted with an intellect and an ability to make mathematical and intuitive leaps years beyond his peers. “He is so smart he sees, not only how to solve the problem but why the problem works the way it does,” Strickland added.

That gift wasn’t simply reserved for the classroom, as Fromm soaked up everything like a sponge and assaulted every life discipline with interest and vigor. Many in Warner Robins — coaches, teachers — testify how Fromm used to come into their offices and just sit, hoping to peck some pearl of wisdom he could place in his back pocket for use later. “There wasn’t a day that went by that he didn’t come into my office,” said Fromm’s high school football coach, Von Lassiter. “He would always want more. He had that devotion.”

And often, while others were out partying and socializing, Fromm would invest his discretionary time by studying film.

--- WINNER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom