****Justin Herbert Super Thread**** | Page 33 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Justin Herbert Super Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weaknesses:
  • Poor field vision
  • Has to improve working through his progressions
  • Must get more consistent at reading defenses
  • Often stares down his primary read
  • Needs to learn to move coverage with his eyes
  • Could stand to improve decision-making
  • Has some turnover issues
  • Accuracy issues
  • Will need to improve footwork
  • Not ready to play; needs development

in my original post you quoted, I stated that Justin Hebert was better in those areas and the only thing I hyped up about love was his arm

not sure what youre doing here friend.

I said arm/talent and touch. I high lighted your provided strengths that suggest that

The only other QBs I’d be happy with if no Tua would be Love or Fromm and maybe Eason later in the draft.
I see another Tannehill whenever I look at Herbert. That’s another 7 years I don’t want wasted.

And with completely run-of-mill QBs getting 30M plus a year on their second contracts, teams literally can’t afford to be hamstrung with an average QB.

in my original post you quoted, I stated that Justin Hebert was better in those areas and the only thing I hyped up about love was his arm

not sure what youre doing here friend.

I said arm/talent and touch. I high lighted your provided strengths that suggest that
I was responding, not to the specific, rather that you said it "trumps" Herbert's strengths.

That's a hell of a lot to trump, IMO.

No offense intended. Just trying to have a discussion. Why does it have to be personnel if someone points out, what they consider to be, relevant information and views?

I was responding, not to the specific, rather that you said it "trumps" Herbert's strengths.

No offense intended. Just trying to have a discussion. Why does it have to be personnel if someone points out, what they consider to be, relevant information and views?

I was not speaking objectively about them as overall prospects. I think Herbert is a see it, throw it dart player.

I think Jordan love has oodles of more arm talent than him. But I admit Herbert is “safer” and played smarter in 2019.

not taking it personal. I just see you were starting to take the conversation somewhere that I didn’t have it going.

They just copy and paste the same scouting reports from year to year and apply it to different quarterbacks. WF's Jordan Love scouting report is essentially the same one they had for Luke Falk - who they had a 2nd round grade on. Luke Falk was a UDFA on my board.

They also had Will Grier above Gardner Minshew. Like every other website and draftnik out there. I did not.

The point is, yes there will be different opinions - but citing any scouting report out there or ranking from any draft website and taking it as the gospel is foolhardy.

That's not what you said. You said they would encourage it.

Go ahead though, move the goalpost.
They will absolutely encourage it - he is 229 6’6 no quick twitch - Paxton Lynch running

another one read QB woohoo

I personally don’t think the gap is that big between the twos arm strength. And whatever edge Herbert has over love when it comes to decision making/athleticism, love trumps that gap w/ arm talent and touch.

it was pretty obvious at the senior bowl who had the best arm. Loves got a plus arm no doubt and I won’t argue the rest of it but I don’t think he’s as fast as Herbert either. His speed to me didn’t even stand out relative to low level comp.

Reactions: A1.
I think Herbert dropped weight prior to the senior bowl to run a better # at the combine. He was 227 there we will see what he is in a week.

but I think he’s destined to play in the nfl in the 235 range.

it was pretty obvious at the senior bowl who had the best arm. Loves got a plus arm no doubt and I won’t argue the rest of it but I don’t think he’s as fast as Herbert either. His speed to me didn’t even stand out relative to low level comp.

good point. I personally didn’t catch much of and evaluate the senior bowl so didn’t compare loves speed to better athletes.

Does more college experience = more pro success?

I’m just saying... the thinking of most is that Tua has done it more than Burrow, but he hasn’t.

Burrow had the greatest season in college history... Tua did not... Burrow stayed healthy, Tua hasn’t.

good point. I personally didn’t catch much of and evaluate the senior bowl so didn’t compare loves speed to better athletes.

it was just relative to the competition level. Like for example Carson wentz speed stood out to me more than love relative to the college competition and he played largely d2 comp.

I don’t know I just don’t think loves one of those guys that’s gonna do a lot of damage with his legs. In terms of actual outflanking folks

I’m just saying... the thinking of most is that Tua has done it more than Burrow, but he hasn’t.

Burrow had the greatest season in college history... Tua did not... Burrow stayed healthy, Tua hasn’t.

Burrow couldnt get on a field for over 3 years partly due to skill partly due to injury...it took the stars aligning for him to get a chance and yes he had the best season ever in college football history but before that he was very average. Prior to that wasn't the best season ever at least statistically like Colt Brennan? He must have killed it in the NFL right?

Its all about how you frame and analyze it IMO.

Burrow couldnt get on a field for over 3 years partly due to skill partly due to injury...it took the stars aligning for him to get a chance and yes he had the best season ever in college football history but before that he was very average. Prior to that wasn't the best season ever at least statistically like Colt Brennan? He must have killed it in the NFL right?

Its all about how you frame and analyze it IMO.

Absolutely. Burrow also got some breaks along the way to his record setting season. Both Florida pass rushers leaving the game, Clemson's brand new defensive line void of all that NFL talent, Bama playing 6 true freshman on defense that didn't have a clue, depleted UGA team - having extra time to prepare for everybody with the close tutelage of Joe Brady.

Trade up for Joe Burrow and your ass will be fired in 3 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom