****Justin Herbert Super Thread**** | Page 38 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Justin Herbert Super Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Impressive resume.

I have two questions - Do you have any eligibility left, and can you kick a football through the uprights?

We're still looking for someone who can do this in Tuscaloosa.
Unfortunately no....LOL

I do have a former player that graduated last year that made every attempt in his school. Rock solid between 2 and 50 yards. I still can't believe he chose to play club soccer on the weekends over kicking in college.

Last edited:
I've coached high school football for 32 years, most of those years as a head coach. I have a BA - History, Masters and Doctorate in Education and Sports Leadership.
I was part of a staff that won the CIF championship at the same school I graduated from.
I've attended Professional coaching clinics and spoken at a few of them for 32 years. I know hundreds of college coaches and a good portion of NFL coaches personally.
I was recruited myself, and had my youngest son accept a D-1 football scholarship.
I wasn't good enough to make it, but had a try out with the Chargers after getting all conference in a semi Pro league. As a player I was All League, All County, and All CIF in Southern California at Running Back my Junior and Senior year. My team won league and CIF Championships.
I've place over 75 student athletes on college scholarship in those 32 years, mostly in football.
I've coached in the Army All American Bowl Game. Almost all of the players in this game accepted Full Rides.
I've Coached as the Head Coach of the California All Star Game. Most of those players accepted D-1 scholarships.
25 of my former players are in the NFL or used to be in the NFL.
I've had another 15 or so play in the CFL.
I'll have up to 4-5 more former players drafted in this upcoming 2020 NFL draft.

That's all I could come up with before finishing my coffee, hopefully it measures up to your "common sense"...

Curious -- what's your take on Flores?

Thanks for the info...

BNF

Curious -- what's your take on Flores?

Thanks for the info...

BNF
I don't know Flores personally and never met him at coaching clinics over the years. I did have a former player on the Dolphins during pre season (was cut) and he said Flores says and does all the right things with the team in regard to team building. He liked the Dolphins but went on to stick with the Bengals.
As for what I've seen, I'm really happy with his hire. I like Patriots culture from the team perspective, and that's the aim of many of his policies IMO. I think we will like the type of people we bring in to play for the Dolphins. I'm a Flores fan for sure.
I'm concerned with how many coaches we have lost, but ultimately that's not a whole lot different elsewhere in the NFL.

Has Herbert said if he’s gonna throw at the combine?

he’s done everything else no time to stop now. Keep riding that momentum kid

Has Herbert said if he’s gonna throw at the combine?

he’s done everything else no time to stop now. Keep riding that momentum kid
Yes it was reported Herbert, Love, and Eason will be throwing at the combine. I personally think Eason is going to have the stronger arm out of all 3 of them. But that’s JMO.

ProFootballTalk: Justin Herbert, Jordan Love, Jacob Eason plan to throw at Combine
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...an-love-jacob-eason-plan-to-throw-at-combine/

All smart decisions imo. Keep riding that buzz train and show off that arm. And good for Miami too

If Herbert does shine as expect, what's the odds he move up to the 2nd qb in the draft? If he does Miami might be pretty safe at getting Tua at the 4th and wouldn't have to offer that much to move up one spot.

If Herbert does shine as expect, what's the odds he move up to the 2nd qb in the draft? If he does Miami might be pretty safe at getting Tua at the 4th and wouldn't have to offer that much to move up one spot.

Hopefully Miami doesn't have to move up fro #5 and we get Herbert.

I don’t know about that but i will just say if you want to pretty much guarantee yourself tua you go to 2. If it’s Herbert assuming tuas medical doesn’t take a negative turn/outlook in the next 2 months you go to 3.

if im Miami I only move for tua. I stay put otherwise but I also understand that odds aren’t great any of burrow, tua, or Herbert get to pick 5

which is why I really think miamis gonna move up

Hopefully Miami doesn't have to move up fro #5 and we get Herbert.

I'm warming up to the idea of trading to move up if we're using the either or both of theTexans 2021 picks to do so. I would prefer to keep all the 2020 picks, the draft seems to be loaded just right with talent in areas of need for Miami. Of course that's not saying much considering the need players at just about every position group.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom