Keep Richie | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Keep Richie

We finally have removed all the stench from this building. No thanks!!

I actually feel really bad for Richie. Well, as bad as I really can feel for a millionaire doing what every single one of us would kill for the opportunity to do. He was really vilified in this. The conversations he had with Martin very much remind me of drunk frat guys talking **** in a loving way to each other. Like you say the most offensive **** as possible to this guy, because he is your brother, and it doesn't matter what you say to him, you love him. But taken out of context it looks like pure vile hateful filth.

Maybe Incog was a jackass who should have known he was hurting Martins feelings and it wasn't a game Martin was comfortable playing. Maybe Martin used everything as an excuse to get away from his poor play. Maybe Martin is a drug addict and Incog tried to play big brother and help him with some tough love? We may never really know the true story.

Sometimes I see Martin as being this guy who thinks he is smarter than everyone (I have a couple friends who attended Stanford...and...yeah...) and Incognito was tasked with toughening him up. Incognito probably had few close friends on the team because of his general douchieness. Incognito took to Martin, Martin probably "played along" but never really accepted Incog because he is dumb as a box of rocks to him. Martin may have been too nice to tell Incognito to go F himself, so he played along and eventually developed some sort of Stockholm syndrome type friendship for Incog. I think what broke him was when his poor play on the field was combined with the ribbing he was getting from his team. He was probably sensitive because of the demotion he just received, he probably just got his ass chewed out from his coach from looking like **** on film. He comes and sits down for lunch and they all walk away from him. Boom he snaps. He leaves. But what do you do when you snap like that? What if media seen the incident? Then what does he do? How does he save face? He creates a story that paints him to be a victim of constant tormenting, when he was just getting probably as much **** as everyone else or thousands before him, and his circumstances, his sensitivity is what made him different. He buys himself another year of NFL salary, while being paid the whole time he is being "treated". It only cost the career of 1 dumb jock. No big deal. Many may disagree with me, but that is how I feel this situation most likely went down.

Honestly the whole thing is a ****ing joke to me.

As for Richie being back on the Dolphins, I would say its time to move on. There is bad blood here now. How much groupthink is happening here in the locker room regarding this situation? Is everyone truly on Incognitos side? I think its just best to move on and wish Richie the best.

I actually feel really bad for Richie. Well, as bad as I really can feel for a millionaire doing what every single one of us would kill for the opportunity to do. He was really vilified in this. The conversations he had with Martin very much remind me of drunk frat guys talking **** in a loving way to each other. Like you say the most offensive **** as possible to this guy, because he is your brother, and it doesn't matter what you say to him, you love him. But taken out of context it looks like pure vile hateful filth.

Maybe Incog was a jackass who should have known he was hurting Martins feelings and it wasn't a game Martin was comfortable playing. Maybe Martin used everything as an excuse to get away from his poor play. Maybe Martin is a drug addict and Incog tried to play big brother and help him with some tough love? We may never really know the true story.

Sometimes I see Martin as being this guy who thinks he is smarter than everyone (I have a couple friends who attended Stanford...and...yeah...) and Incognito was tasked with toughening him up. Incognito probably had few close friends on the team because of his general douchieness. Incognito took to Martin, Martin probably "played along" but never really accepted Incog because he is dumb as a box of rocks to him. Martin may have been too nice to tell Incognito to go F himself, so he played along and eventually developed some sort of Stockholm syndrome type friendship for Incog. I think what broke him was when his poor play on the field was combined with the ribbing he was getting from his team. He was probably sensitive because of the demotion he just received, he probably just got his ass chewed out from his coach from looking like **** on film. He comes and sits down for lunch and they all walk away from him. Boom he snaps. He leaves. But what do you do when you snap like that? What if media seen the incident? Then what does he do? How does he save face? He creates a story that paints him to be a victim of constant tormenting, when he was just getting probably as much **** as everyone else or thousands before him, and his circumstances, his sensitivity is what made him different. He buys himself another year of NFL salary, while being paid the whole time he is being "treated". It only cost the career of 1 dumb jock. No big deal. Many may disagree with me, but that is how I feel this situation most likely went down.

As for Richie being back on the Dolphins, I would say its time to move on. There is bad blood here now. How much groupthink is happening here in the locker room regarding this situation? Is everyone truly on Incognitos side? I think its just best to move on and wish Richie the best.

I accepted this theory as well when this stuff started going down. Richie's still a dumbo for doing the stuff he did though, so I can't absolve him of that, but I agree -- it really seems like Martin immersed himself into the environment he disliked, tried to thrive in it (instead of attempt to control it or push back on Richie) and when his status on the team became a question and tempers flared, all of the sudden he needs a scapegoat out of his newfound hell.

That's a good point too with the groupthink comment. No more Team Incog / Team Weirdo, especially with some new coaches and FA players arriving this season. Just end it and bury it.

God no. No matter what you believe...you can't have him walk through the front door.

If Incognito plays next year it will be somewhere like Dallas, Houston, Denver, Kansas City. Somewhere not so much overrun with pc-police.

4778548677_f57f467c02-1.jpg

I agree. He's a good guard and I know Ross is a big PR guy. we could reframe it so that "we want to help Richie get better" or "we're not going to turn our back on one of our own". But it'll never happen.

Dude - you may see it as just a ****ing joke, that is your right but an independent investigator found that there was evidence of harassment. Our team now has a new GM, Offensive Coordinator, O-line Coach and Head Trainer and we are in the course of replacing most of our O-line, including the main participants. The reputation of our team has been sullied by the incident. In the course of the text messaging, there appeared to be references of hard drugs consumed by players. The mental health of both Martin and Incognito has also become the subject of discussion and the need for adequate mental health testing of all players. All 31 other teams will be teaching players, coaches and training personnel what sort of things can be said and what cannot be said.
I'm really glad that you see it as just a ****ing joke, because most of us are not laughing.

This is because Tannehill can't lock down a locker room with his "leadership"

Yeah, I know he's bat **** crazy...but he is a good guard. If Martin gets a chance with the 49ers ( and I believe he's better than 1/2 of the issue), then Richie should also get a chance.

Dude needs to get out of the mental ward first. When he does, no. He's done-zo in Miami.

Back
Top Bottom