Kentucky job reportedly Donovan’s for taking | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kentucky job reportedly Donovan’s for taking

What are you talking about? Louisville was in the NIT last year and landed a whopping second round exit this year. On top of that, UK has beat Louisville several years in a row now. You guys are acting like Kentucky has the worst team ever now, but we still have the most consecutive tourney seeds and a fairly solid team. Florida fans have two years of great basketball (mainly b/c of one recruiting class) and they consider themselves a dynasty. Unbelievable.

No we have ad more than that and I never said Kentucky was a bad team or a bad place to coach basketball. Florida has been killed by the NBA draft and kids leaving and if not for that we may have had more SEC titles. We have had good teams with Matt Walsh, Anthony Roberson, David Lee, Udonis Haslem, Mike Miller, and more. kentucky is good, But they don't dominate Florida like you may think they do, Florida will also have a good team next year

Well when it comes to such programs like Alabama and than you do turn them down if you are Rich Rodriguez! Kentucky is not what it use to be,

Kentucky isn't what it used to be??? It's the #1 grossing money baseketball program in the country. That was just reported by ESPN and SI last month. No other basketball program makes more money. They are building a $30 mill complex just for basketball.

And Rich Rodriguez turned down Bama cause he thinks he can win it all next year at WV and since WV met his price tag he stayed. Donavon already has a ring so now he can just chase the money.

He's gone.

If he wasn't going then he would just come out and say I'm staying at Florida. Only way he doesn't go is if he rapes Florida into giving him a huge raise! And then even if he stays the school will resent him forever. So, I expect him to be gone.
*Saban*

Oh yeah. My bad. I forgot about all of those great teams with walsh, roberson, and lee that were notorious for losing in the first and second round of the tourney. Plus, if florida has had so many great teams, then why do they still need time to build up a larger fanbase? Florida just is not a basketball state and Donovan will never be treated like a basketball icon if he stays at that school.

No we have ad more than that and I never said Kentucky was a bad team or a bad place to coach basketball. Florida has been killed by the NBA draft and kids leaving and if not for that we may have had more SEC titles. We have had good teams with Matt Walsh, Anthony Roberson, David Lee, Udonis Haslem, Mike Miller, and more. kentucky is good, But they don't dominate Florida like you may think they do, Florida will also have a good team next year

Oh yeah. My bad. I forgot about all of those great teams with walsh, roberson, and lee that were notorious for losing in the first and second round of the tourney. Plus, if florida has had so many great teams, then why do they still need time to build up a larger fanbase? Florida just is not a basketball state and Donovan will never be treated like a basketball icon if he stays at that school.

Back to Back National Titles would be a good start. :D

So, then the move would be just for ego's sake. Maybe I have Donovan pegged incorrectly, but I haven't seen noticed anything showing an inclination to be worshiped by his fan base.

Tat bonus is for being there so many years not a yearly salary

That bonus had nothing to do with his tenure, it was a combination of booster money, endorsements, and tv/radio money. No coach gets paid high salaries by the school that employs them....the difference between Kentucky and Florida is that the boosters will shell out 1 mil+ per year for Donovan.

He's gone.

If he wasn't going then he would just come out and say I'm staying at Florida. Only way he doesn't go is if he rapes Florida into giving him a huge raise! And then even if he stays the school will resent him forever. So, I expect him to be gone.

Nick Saban anyone?

Nick Saban anyone?

This is different though. Its one college job to another college job INSIDE the conference. Which is huge and has huge ramifications

Not a jump from a pro franchise back to the college game.

Kentucky isn't what it used to be. Though with a coach who can recruit they'll be back. Under Tubby the program slowly diminished. Though some people will still claim he got a raw deal. The program is down because of Tubby but they've got a 30 million dollar basketball complex that was described by Jay Bilas as "the best he's ever seen." For all the love Tubby gets from the media the program is down and it would've ended ugly next year.

Donovan may stay at Florida and be great. Though Florida basketball will never have the same legacy as Kentucky basketball. Just like Kentucky football will never compare to Florida football. Still I think that John Calipari is the best choice for that program.

That bonus had nothing to do with his tenure, it was a combination of booster money, endorsements, and tv/radio money. No coach gets paid high salaries by the school that employs them....the difference between Kentucky and Florida is that the boosters will shell out 1 mil+ per year for Donovan.

Wow your wrong again, But thats ok as long as I am here to correct you. :D

http://espn.go.com/ncb/news/2003/0418/1541050.html

After four years, Smith would receive a bonus of $1.5 million, and after eight years he would receive a similar bonus of $2.5 million.

Kentucky isn't what it used to be??? It's the #1 grossing money baseketball program in the country. That was just reported by ESPN and SI last month. No other basketball program makes more money. They are building a $30 mill complex just for basketball.

And Rich Rodriguez turned down Bama cause he thinks he can win it all next year at WV and since WV met his price tag he stayed. Donavon already has a ring so now he can just chase the money.

They may have earned the most money in Basketball and thats all fine and good, But Florida still makes much much more money overall and just built a state of the art practice facility a couple of years ago. So its not like Florida does not spend money on basketball. Donavon will make just as much money at Florida as he would at Kentucky. Florida will not lose him because of money

They may have earned the most money in Basketball and thats all fine and good, But Florida still makes much much more money overall and just built a state of the art practice facility a couple of years ago. So its not like Florida does not spend money on basketball. Donavon will make just as much money at Florida as he would at Kentucky. Florida will not lose him because of money

Exactly. He's going to be making the same amount at either school. It comes down to whether he wants to build a legacy at Florida or be a part of a larger legacy at Kentucky. I want more than anything for him to come to Florida, but in the end I think he will stay at UF. Billy Gillispie, in my opinion, is the next coach at UK.

Back
Top Bottom