Kentucky job reportedly Donovan’s for taking | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kentucky job reportedly Donovan’s for taking

Donovan finally addressed Kentucky. I just saw the quotes it was nothing really significant. Just said something about Pitino and having to consider the job. It's going to interesting. I think he's going to take it because it's a better coaching job. If he doesn't then it'll get even more interesting. I'd love to see who is 2nd on their list behind Donovan. Calipari on both of Rome's show stated names like Barnes, Crean, Izzo, Wright. Still if Donovan turns it down I think he's going to have to make a decision.

Last night on the 11 o'clock news on one of the local stations in Lex, they said they caught wind of a rumor of billy flying into Lexington to talk with our AD yesterday. They sent a crew to the airport just in case it was true. After waiting for a couple of hours, they find an 88-year-old woman emerging from the plane from Gainesville. They made fun of themselves for buying into the rumor.

Last night on the 11 o'clock news on one of the local stations in Lex, they said they caught wind of a rumor of billy flying into Lexington to talk with our AD yesterday. They sent a crew to the airport just in case it was true. After waiting for a couple of hours, they find an 88-year-old woman emerging from the plane from Gainesville. The made fun of themselves for buying into the rumor.
Lol, sounds like the fever 'Bama had going for Saban. I don't blame the UK fans. I'd be praying for Donovan if I were them.
Billy D said something along the lines of: "I haven't talked with Kentucky, but if they call I'd have to listen."

Andy Katz reported on ESPN that Rick Barnes is next in line for Kentucky. After that they'd be looking at Crean and Izzo. No Calipari? Both schools are in the running for Jai Lucas and Patrick Patterson and both are waiting to see who the next coach at UK is reportedly. If Billy wouldn't leave for UK I think he's going to stay put and not go to the association.

Andy Katz reported on ESPN that Rick Barnes is next in line for Kentucky. After that they'd be looking at Crean and Izzo. No Calipari? Both schools are in the running for Jai Lucas and Patrick Patterson and both are waiting to see who the next coach at UK is reportedly. If Billy wouldn't leave for UK I think he's going to stay put and not go to the association.
I think he's staying, but I don't agree with your statement.
You're asserting that the UK job is better or more attractive for Donovan than a pro job. Donovan did play in the NBA, so he knows what it's about. The main NBA job rumored for him is the Heat. Which, unlike most of the recent college coach failures, is a good team.

I never thought he was going to UK, but I was worried about Miami until today. That's money UF and UK could barely match together. Money like that would get anyone thinking.

I think he's staying, but I don't agree with your statement.
You're asserting that the UK job is better or more attractive for Donovan than a pro job. Donovan did play in the NBA, so he knows what it's about. The main NBA job rumored for him is the Heat. Which, unlike most of the recent college coach failures, is a good team.

I never thought he was going to UK, but I was worried about Miami until today. That's money UF and UK could barely match together. Money like that would get anyone thinking.

I get what you're saying but Shaq said something about not wanting to play for a college coach. I think that means nothing. Though the Heat are an older team and while I don't buy into the thinking that college coaches can't succeed in the pro's it could become a difficult situation. If he were to go to the league I think he has to pick a good situation to go into. Pitino didn't get it done in Boston and I hate to use the "if" statement but i'm going to. "If" they end up with Tim Duncan he's still coaching in the NBA and i'm thinking Boston probably has a few banners. Just college coaches don't get the opportunities other guys do, though Donovan maybe different.

Press Conference @ Noon

I'm very excited about this hire. He was my number 1 guy until I found out there was a possibility that billy d might leave. I think he is perfect for this university.

edit: watching the pep rally just solidified this hire even more. He was so excited when he came out that he couldn't think of anything to say... he just teared up.

Back
Top Bottom