Kentucky job reportedly Donovan’s for taking | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kentucky job reportedly Donovan’s for taking

Exactly. He's going to be making the same amount at either school. It comes down to whether he wants to build a legacy at Florida or be a part of a larger legacy at Kentucky. I want more than anything for him to come to Florida, but in the end I think he will stay at UF. Billy Gillispie, in my opinion, is the next coach at UK.

You want him to come to Florida? Well he is already here! At Kentucky he would be apart of a great legacy, But at Florida he is the Legacy!!!!

I thought thats what you meant. However I think he stays with Florida! :cooldude:
I'm very confident he won't go to Kentucky. However, I am worried that he'll take the Heat job. Riley needs a successor, and Billy and Pat got close during the offseason when Donovan looked for his advise on repeating.

I'm very confident he won't go to Kentucky. However, I am worried that he'll take the Heat job. Riley needs a successor, and Billy and Pat got close during the offseason when Donovan looked for his advise on repeating.

I agree I am more worried about that than Kentucky.

I think the job will go to Spoelstra.
Riley has been bromming him.

There's rumors and reports that Shaq said he didn't want to waste his last couple of years playing for a college coach. I have no idea if that is true or not but that's the story.

"My intentions are to be at the University of Florida and coach their basketball team," Donovan said. "I'm happy there, and I like the school, and I love the players and coaches."

Donovan said he hadn't talked to his agent in more than a week, so if any contact had been made with the Wildcats, he would not be aware of it. He plans to meet with Florida athletic director Jeremy Foley on Thursday to discuss the future.

Matt Kramer, a spokesman for Donovan's agent, Lonnie Cooper, said early Tuesday that neither Kentucky nor the search firm hired by the school had contacted Cooper about the vacancy.

Tubby Smith left Kentucky to take the head job at Minnesota last month.

"I haven't given any thought to anything at all," Donovan said Tuesday morning. "I understand everybody's got a job to do and everybody's got responsibilities to take care of. I feel bad to a certain extent. I really have nothing to say because I haven't given any thought to it, nor have I had any discussions with anybody, so it's hard for me to comment about anything."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/basketball/ncaa/04/03/bc.bkc.kentuckycoach.ap/index.html

This isn't about the money at all. If Donovan leaves, it is because of the lack of fan support in florida. The Gators have a gym that holds around 12,000 fans and they can't sell it out for a non-conference game b/c everyone is so involved in the football season. From what I've heard, Florida sent back tickets for the Regional Final b/c they couldn't sell them all. UK has 24,000 show up just for practice (Big Blue Madness). Unless Donovan enjoys being the shadow, he is out of there. No National Championship team deserves that lukewarm support.
I agree 100%.....Florida will always be a football state...Kentucky is all about hoops!

I expect Billy to sign with the Wildcats soon...

GO BIG BLUE!

I agree 100%.....Florida will always be a football state...Kentucky is all about hoops!

I expect Billy to sign with the Wildcats soon...

GO BIG BLUE!

Obviously this is coming from someone who is a Wildcat fan. It would absolute shock me to see him go to UK. Also it was in an ESPN article that the Gators were working on a deal to pay Billy 3 million a year!

Obviously this is coming from someone who is a Wildcat fan. It would absolute shock me to see him go to UK. Also it was in an ESPN article that the Gators were working on a deal to pay Billy 3 million a year!

I'm just going off the top of my head but doesn't Riley have an UK connection? Billy has given the company line about jobs but perhaps UK was not going to distract him by contacting him personally. Though they hired a firm to contact coaches. The same firm that got Tubby to leave for Minnesota. He'll have to make a decision probably in the next week or so.

Just to make a comment on him going to the pro's I think Rick Pitino put it best about college coaches not succeeding in the NBA. He said something of the likes of "Leonard Hamilton too the Wizards job when they were awful and Lon Kruger took the Hawks job when they were bad. College coaches are not going in like Phil Jackson or Pat Riley taking the Heat or Lakers job." If it's about money he'll end up in the NBA, if it's about a new challenge he'll go to UK, if he's happy where he's at he'll be at Florida.

I don't know why, but I was hearing the theme from Deliverance when reading this thread today. How is Ashley Judd doing nowadays...she's smokin!

On topic, No he will not leave to UK. Why? Because the UK job sucks donkey balls right now. You think Billy-D wants to start from scratch again. To go through trials and tribulations such as losing on the first weekend. He has job security over here. Why leave one college job for another college job in the same conference? He will leave to make NBA money, but I don't think that would happen this year with the heat...maybe '08

I wished I could see the look on some of your faces when Billy signs with UK...

Back
Top Bottom