KG to Lakers?? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

KG to Lakers??

Rumors persist that the deal is going to be based around Odom, Bynum and the 19th pick. I would imagine that if Garnett goes to L.A., a bad contract (Jaric? Blount?) will have to come back with him.

The problem Minnesota has now is that Garnett will for sure opt out next year and his value will only go down as they go forward. Their best bet is to trade him before the draft and get the best deal for him. Whether that deal is L.A. or somewhere else, they need to do something.

oh, KG has already made it known he'll opt out, but you've got to remember; the only GM more incompetent than Kevin McHale is Danny Ainge (Isiah is up there as well). McHale got absolutly nothing for Cassell, has had horribl drafts (when he's had picks), and makes bad FA signings. I'm still gonna bet that if/when KG is traded, he'll either be in Chicago or Phoenix (since those are his preferred destinations).

Speaking of Boston; Paul Pierce has given Ainge a 72 hour deadline on pulling off a trade for some help or else Pierce will demand a trade himself.

oh, KG has already made it known he'll opt out, but you've got to remember; the only GM more incompetent than Kevin McHale is Danny Ainge (Isiah is up there as well). McHale got absolutly nothing for Cassell, has had horribl drafts (when he's had picks), and makes bad FA signings. I'm still gonna bet that if/when KG is traded, he'll either be in Chicago or Phoenix (since those are his preferred destinations).

Speaking of Boston; Paul Pierce has given Ainge a 72 hour deadline on pulling off a trade for some help or else Pierce will demand a trade himself.

Pierce can demand a trade all he wants, but like all this trade talk, it probably won't happen. Pierce is getting paid A TON of money so it's going to be next to impossible to get value in return for him while getting contracts to match to make a trade even possible.

you add Mitch Cupcake to the list of horrible trades/picks. Lets see which bad GM makes the worst trade in this deal if it goes down.:lol:

That is the truth as strange as it sounds. Shaq was asking for 40 million a year to stay with L.A. He was fat, out of shape and actively calling out the Laker's owner during games, screaming "PAY ME!" after he made buckets. Buss refused to give the againg, oft-injured fat superstar his money and instead, shippe dhim off to Miami.

And, as a result, the Lakers have yet to advance beyond the first round of the NBA playoffs, have degenerated to a shadow of the team they were just a few years ago, and are reaping the consequences of allowing a feud between their Superman (Shaq) and their Robin (Kobe) to continue for years.

Meanwhile, Miami won a championship, and have gone deeper into the playoffs with Shaq than the Lakers have with Kobe.

Prediction: Kevin Garnett's presence will not help LA win another championship.

And, as a result, the Lakers have yet to advance beyond the first round of the NBA playoffs, have degenerated to a shadow of the team they were just a few years ago, and are reaping the consequences of allowing a feud between their Superman (Shaq) and their Robin (Kobe) to continue for years.

Meanwhile, Miami won a championship, and have gone deeper into the playoffs with Shaq than the Lakers have with Kobe.

Shaq had Wade, Kobe has who???
Shaq without another superstar = no rings

KG might not bring another championship but im pretty sure they'll get out of the First round with him. But thats because the West is stacked and soon to be getting Durant and Oden

I told you Samphin Bynum will most likely be traded.

Yes but we are talking about Garnett here. When we were talking, it was for smaller, worse players.

Nevertheless, if this happens you are right and we can both be happy watching Garnett and Kobe lead the Lakers. :bighug:

And Shaq would have never sniffed another ring if not for Wade and a weak Eastern Conference. Put the current Laker team in the East and they probably reach the ECF.

Kobe has literally had to win games by himself in L.A. due to the terrible supporting cast Kupchak has brought in. Some of the players are good fits (Walton, Turiaf, Farmar) but others just stand around and watch and have had trouble with the simplest tasks (Odom, Cook, Kwame).

And Shaq would have never sniffed another ring if not for Wade and a weak Eastern Conference. Put the current Laker team in the East and they probably reach the ECF.

Kobe has literally had to win games by himself in L.A. due to the terrible supporting cast Kupchak has brought in. Some of the players are good fits (Walton, Turiaf, Farmar) but others just stand around and watch and have had trouble with the simplest tasks (Odom, Cook, Kwame).

:fire: I hate Cook. I hope he's gone soon.

i didnt think it would really happen anyways :(
its draft week, all kinds of rumor will be popping up.

Is the trade dead?

Why not this trade

Lakers send their Bynum and Odom to the Pacers

Pacers send O'neal to the Timberwolves

Timberwolves send Garnett to to the Lakers.

Timberwolves get the 19th pick.

Back
Top Bottom