Kiper says Cutler all hype | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kiper says Cutler all hype

TexPhinPhan said:
What did the other qbs do?

They didn't, QBs usually don't bench. Cutler wanted to do everything.

nopony said:
Yeah... and before the Senior Bowl everybody was say he was going to dominate it like Rivers did... and when he did his stock was going to go sky high.

Then he was godawful in the senior bowl. And not a man-jack of them ate crow. They just went on about how great he was in practice as if that's what they meant all along.

For the record I've been a huge Cutler supporter and all of my Senior Bowl and Combine comments were IF he had a great showing, he'd make that Rivers like rise. Regardless, I still think he's easily a top 10 pick and still the top Qb IMO.

To me, its not that Cutler had a semi-bad Senior bowl, or that he is so hyped up from a combine, but rather what he did at Vandy. What did he do that was so impressive? I mean, you could say solid and has all the tools, but why say he is great? and now his head is all full of himself.

Just wait until the pressure comes from real teams with real defenses, who do you think will shine? Of all three, my money would be on Vince Young, even with a wonderlic of 6!

finfan54 said:
To me, its not that Cutler had a semi-bad Senior bowl, or that he is so hyped up from a combine, but rather what he did at Vandy. What did he do that was so impressive? I mean, you could say solid and has all the tools, but why say he is great? and now his head is all full of himself.

Just wait until the pressure comes from real teams with real defenses, who do you think will shine? Of all three, my money would be on Vince Young, even with a wonderlic of 6!

And my money will be on Cutler cause he's seen the best defenses out of the top 3.

SpeedRush99 said:
For the record I've been a huge Cutler supporter and all of my Senior Bowl and Combine comments were IF he had a great showing, he'd make that Rivers like rise. Regardless, I still think he's easily a top 10 pick and still the top Qb IMO.

I'm sorry, by everybody I meant the experts and the media. I don't recall people on here doing that. I wasn't calling anybody on here out.

And I am not anti-Cutler... I just think there is a lot to be nervous about. I tend to agree with Clark Judge... you cannot be as comfortable with a guy who went 11-34 as you can with a guy who went 37-2, regardless of their respective teams.

But for the most part I am commenting more on the phenomenum of his rise than I am on him as a QB.

nopony said:
I'm sorry, by everybody I meant the experts and the media. I don't recall people on here doing that. I wasn't calling anybody on here out.

And I am not anti-Cutler... I just think there is a lot to be nervous about. I tend to agree with Clark Judge... you cannot be as comfortable with a guy who went 11-34 as you can with a guy who went 37-2, regardless of their respective teams.

But for the most part I am commenting more on the phenomenum of his rise than I am on him as a QB.

Its cool. I can understand that.

SpeedRush99 said:
And my money will be on Cutler cause he's seen the best defenses out of the top 3.

But Vince Young proved more under much more pressure and is a leader. People read wonderlic and then everyone loses themselves in the hype. Cutler will go to a crappy team, that crappy team will be playing a rookie. that rookie will have growing pains, anyway you slice it. My money would be on Vince, especially if he drops. Rothlisbeger went to Pittsburgh, who has a very good coach even though they sucked that year prior. I weigh everything, the whole enchilada, the big picture. I see alot of people losing the big picture.

finfan54 said:
But Vince Young proved more under much more pressure and is a leader. People read wonderlic and then everyone loses themselves in the hype. Cutler will go to a crappy team, that crappy team will be playing a rookie. that rookie will have growing pains, anyway you slice it. My money would be on Vince, especially if he drops. Rothlisbeger went to Pittsburgh, who has a very good coach even though they sucked that year prior. I weigh everything, the whole enchilada, the big picture. I see alot of people losing the big picture.

Don't even bring the wonderlic into this, you and I both know I've been anti-Young far longer than that incident. Cutler is every bit the leader and faced far more on-field pressure than Young ever has. I see the big picture just fine.

Juan Cribbs said:
100% false. he didn't face near the pressure cutler faced.

Well, I guess it depends on how you define pressure.

To me, pressure is not playing loose on a team that nobody expects to win anyway... that is a no lose, pressure-less situation to me. So they go 11-34, it's Vanderbilt, who cares. No one is going to blame Cutler.

Now being the guy your team relies on to win the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP from behind with seconds left... that's pressure.

I think most linguists would agree that that is a more appropriate description of "pressure".

I'm waiting to see what this wonderlic stuff is all about before I make my final judgement on you.

But to say it's 100% false that Young faced more pressure than Cutler is ridiculous.

Juan Cribbs said:
i'm talking about actual defensive pressure.

Ah, ok. I don't think finfan was, so that's where i got confused. Carry on.

It would really blow my mind if Mel Kiper suddenly said that Jay Cutler was all hype.

It would blow my mind even more if Mel Kiper acknowledged that he singlehandedly made Jay Cutler such a prospect.

Back
Top Bottom