Kiper says Cutler all hype | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kiper says Cutler all hype

flintsilver7 said:
It would really blow my mind if Mel Kiper suddenly said that Jay Cutler was all hype.

It would blow my mind even more if Mel Kiper acknowledged that he singlehandedly made Jay Cutler such a prospect.
Mike Mayock was hyping Cutler WAY before Kiper.

LIQUID24 said:
Mike Mayock was hyping Cutler WAY before Kiper.

This is true. However, an analyst on NFL Network isn't going to have nearly as much effect as Mel Kiper, who becomes ubiquitous (and very annoying) just before draft time. Kiper himself was the one who pushed Cutler forward after his Senior Bowl game - which apparently Kiper didn't watch. Cutler didn't do well. Yet he improved his stock so much. How?

lets hope his stock continues to fall
although it probably wont fall down to 16.

Juan Cribbs said:
100% false. he didn't face near the pressure cutler faced.

wow! unbelievable. Im not just talking about big games, but being behind USC in the biggest game of all. You my friend are smoking some good stuff.

finfan54 said:
wow! unbelievable. Im not just talking about big games, but being behind USC in the biggest game of all. You my friend are smoking some good stuff.

Selective reading at its best. If you'd read further you'd see that she thought you were refering to defensive pressure.

SpeedRush99 said:
Don't even bring the wonderlic into this, you and I both know I've been anti-Young far longer than that incident. Cutler is every bit the leader and faced far more on-field pressure than Young ever has. I see the big picture just fine.

sorry, you see hype. You see a guy who has all the tools. But when we see him on a stage with everyone watching, he doesnt do all that well. Can Cutler be a good QB? Sure, I dont doubt that. What I doubt is that he is so good like everyone says AT THIS STAGE!

He never had the pressure of a big game. Name me one big game where Vanderbilt was expected to win? You cant. There is no pressure on you when your the underdog. Any fool knows this.

finfan54 said:
sorry, you see hype. You see a guy who has all the tools. But when we see him on a stage with everyone watching, he doesnt do all that well. Can Cutler be a good QB? Sure, I dont doubt that. What I doubt is that he is so good like everyone says AT THIS STAGE!

He never had the pressure of a big game. Name me one big game where Vanderbilt was expected to win? You cant. There is no pressure on you when your the underdog. Any fool knows this.

You like that word, huh?

SpeedRush99 said:
Selective reading at its best. If you'd read further you'd see that she thought you were refering to defensive pressure.

whats the diff? Look You guys say POTATO and I say Potatoe. Ill just put my money on Young to once again wow the crowd while great expectations blows another one because he was supposed to be this, but you got that.

flintsilver7 said:
This is true. However, an analyst on NFL Network isn't going to have nearly as much effect as Mel Kiper, who becomes ubiquitous (and very annoying) just before draft time. Kiper himself was the one who pushed Cutler forward after his Senior Bowl game - which apparently Kiper didn't watch. Cutler didn't do well. Yet he improved his stock so much. How?
actually kiper said he was disappointed in cutler. the only one on ESPN that was saying cutler was great was chris mortensen. kiper always had him #3 behind leinart and young. kiper surprisingly has been pretty consistent.

flintsilver7 said:

It turns out that scouts pay way more attention to the practices and drills during the week prior to the Senior Bowl than they do to the game itself. 11 offensive players from different teams who have been together for only a week...makes things really shaky on the offensive side of the ball.

I can't believe that so much time is spend and so many threads have been started about 3 players that we're not gonna get....I don't think this has ever happen on this board before.....I know we need a QB but we have a better chance at getting Brees than getting any of the top 3 QB's in the draft.

Ozzy rules!!

Cutler is Kyle Boller at best. He will probably end up more like Leaf tho... The kid's a hot head...

ronrevog said:
Cutler is Kyle Boller at best. He will probably end up more like Leaf tho... The kid's a hot head...
How so?

ronrevog said:
so is roethlisberger. and so was marino. favre was called a hothead his first season in atlanta.

cutler is the beneficiary of playing the highest profile position in all of sports, so of course he going to be overhyped and overvalued. he is not the prospect that brick, m. williams, and aj hawk are, odds are that he'll go before all of them just b/c he is a qb. imo leinart is the only legit qb worthy of top 3 consideration in this draft. young is top 10 and cutler is prob. mid to late 1st, but b/c they are qbs, and qbs generate excitement, ratings, arses in seats, etc., they'll go higher than they should.

Back
Top Bottom